• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9186 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know what it is about beauty gurus that I absolutely and utterly hate. They're SO ANNOYING 

Posted

-Never understood the dumb jock troupe because, at least from where I'm from, you need to have good grades in order to be on a sports team in high school. 

-Authors try to make their MC naive but they always end up making her so stupid you wonder how she's even still alive. 

-I know a lot of people give horror movie characters shit for being stupid, but I gotta cut them some slack. They just witnessed some psycho brutally murder their loved one so they're really not in the best place to make decisions. 

Posted

Theres nothing wrong with humble bragging.

Posted

Might get heat for this, but, the RP community is toxic and hypocritical. The muns harass other muns for appropriating xyz, but in the same breath, treat being trans like a cool new trend. So many people within the community suddenly have their characters be trans, when they never did up until last year. Keep in mind I'm talking about those who have been using the same character for years, but decided that character is trans to fit in.

This is more to do that it's far worse treating it like a trend than someone roleplaying a character who, for example, eats demons. Does that make sense? Like, being a trans-person is a real life situation. A lot of people are suffering from the lack of support, as well as the discrimination and violence towards them.

I don't know how to explain it. Maybe I'm just an RP boomer.

Posted

Might get heat for this, but, the RP community is toxic and hypocritical. The muns harass other muns for appropriating xyz, but in the same breath, treat being trans like a cool new trend. So many people within the community suddenly have their characters be trans, when they never did up until last year. Keep in mind I'm talking about those who have been using the same character for years, but decided that character is trans to fit in.

This is more to do that it's far worse treating it like a trend than someone roleplaying a character who, for example, eats demons. Does that make sense? Like, being a trans-person is a real life situation. A lot of people are suffering from the lack of support, as well as the discrimination and violence towards them.

I don't know how to explain it. Maybe I'm just an RP boomer.

Naw cuz someone in the Inuyasha RP comm just was harrassed so idk if its because Tumblr shoving its shit down everybody throat too or the RP comm becoming toxic as fuck.

Posted

Bernie Sanders ideas seem like empty promises. Who's gonna pay for all these things? The senate and house of rep also have to approve of them as well. 

Posted

r/blackpeopletwitter would be much less toxic if they stayed out from politics, or at least not post as often. It's always whiteppl bad, whiteppl trump supporters, orange man bad. They're also known on that sub for sometimes being flat out racist and were called out by their own outside of Reddit. They're not even well informed in politics, it seems that they just support everyone that was involved with Obama, like Biden (they said it themselves there, I'm literally quoting). Who gives a fuck that Biden is not trying to hide that he's a creep? Then people in the top comments continue to show the same mentality. I followed it for funny tweets around the WWIII meme area, I thought it was all laughs. Of course, this is not a generalization, just the mentality of the majority on the sub and the tweets getting over 1k upvotes. 

Posted

You can add 24h stories called "fleets" (dumbass name) but not a edit button fuck off twitter

r/blackpeopletwitter would be much less toxic if they stayed out from politics, or at least not post as often. It's always whiteppl bad, whiteppl trump supporters, orange man bad. They're also known on that sub for sometimes being flat out racist and were called out by their own outside of Reddit. They're not even well informed in politics, it seems that they just support everyone that was involved with Obama, like Biden (they said it themselves there, I'm literally quoting). Who gives a fuck that Biden is not trying to hide that he's a creep? Then people in the top comments continue to show the same mentality. I followed it for funny tweets around the WWIII meme area, I thought it was all laughs. Of course, this is not a generalization, just the mentality of the majority on the sub and the tweets getting over 1k upvotes. 

isn't it mostly white people just caping from Black twitter anyway?

Posted

My hot take: I don't think gender is real (I'm referring to gender as a social construct, not sex as a biological concept) and inventing 20 new genders is giving MORE power to the concept of gender, not taking away from it. If we want to break away from society's obsession over gender, you should just wear/act/date however you want, without feeling the need to create a special label for it. 

ugh this is so on point, thank you! sex is a biological reality, and gender is just a social construct that's harmful and unnecessary. having all these extra genders just enforces gender roles more strongly, it's basically saying that if you don't conform completely to a stereotype of femininity for example, you're not a woman. hardly anyone conforms 100% to a gender stereotype because they're not real ffs.

also i don't believe any of the science about male vs female brain, the studies just don't seem valid when they're all done on people who have grown up in a society conditioning them into gender roles. like maybe there are biological differences but it's hard to say how much is nature vs nurture when neuroplasticity is so powerful. idk thats just me

Posted

isn't it mostly white people just caping from Black twitter anyway?

If you're talking about the comments section on the subreddit, I actually thought that but in political posts it's definitely black people that take part in the comments discussing which democrats cares more for them. Assume there aren't any statistics on what percentage are white ppl. 

Posted

I really really really hate long beards, especially curly ones.

Posted

I really really really hate long beards, especially curly ones.

I genuinely cannot stand any kind of beard. 

Posted

it's basically saying that if you don't conform completely to a stereotype of femininity for example, you're not a woman. hardly anyone conforms 100% to a gender stereotype because they're not real ffs.

This reminds me of he/him lesbians. They're 'women' who don't want to use she/her bc they wanna seperate themselves from womanhood or they're not feminine. Just doesn't make sense luv.

Posted

This isn’t trying to police anybody or anything, but my unpopular opinion is that I kind of prefer when the unpopular opinions here are more casual and hobby related rather then political and what not. 

Posted (edited)

The Weeknd isn't that great of an artist. His music is only good for like, when you wanna play a fire aux in the car w/ people or just party music. It's literally just that to me at least. Otherwise most of his music is regurgitated now and I'll probably never listen to him in my actual freetime. 

Adding on, I don't fw how he stole from a less popular group and denied it, and wrote lyrics that fetishize Asians (comparing an Asian girl w/ Lo Mein) and I especially don't fw how people look over that shit.

edit: Blinding Lights is extremely overhyped given how generic it sounds all over

Edited by fabienne