• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9168 posts in this topic

Posted

I HATE Devacurl now.

i still can't believe the drama over it in the last week, but honestly, I'm glad it's coming out. I've had curly hair my whole life, but only made some informed decisions to care for it in late 2016, when I got a major chop and switched over to strictly DC products. It looked great for a while, but then I started having issues with 2nd/3rd/4th day curls, which just got progressively worse. Add on that I was pulling massive clumps out of my hair every time I washed it, my hair got so much thinner, it's limp and stringy now (I've taken to straightening my hair more often than ever, simply because it's so much cuter and easier to manage). It's just a nightmare. I hate to see others going through it but also, since influencers have started supporting the movement and bringing it to light I hope there'll be change. My only issue is trying to find new products--curly hair products that actually work are so hard to find, and trial/error is expensive--but hopefully in the long run I'll save money, bc looking at other girls' damage and comparing it to my own locks, I feel sick. I feel betrayed by a brand that touted its self-proclaimed curly savior status, and took advantage of curly girls' desperation for pretty, manageable hair. 

Posted

- Bisexual individuals are not transphobic if they don't want to date transgenders.

This is such a common argument and it's getting to the point where it's annoying? You're not transphobic for not wanting to date a transgender, although this is being pushed on us bisexuals and we're being called every name in the book. You don't have to date cisgenders [I don't like saying this tbh], or transgenders, or anybody. I, myself, find it an uncomfortable subject because of how inflamed the community is now. /: It's like the ouroboros; eating itself for no specific reason other than tearing the community apart. 

Posted

"To all the boys P.S. I still love you" sucks. The first movie was okay and should have stopped there

Posted

-Women, specifically cis lesbians and trans women can be just as sexually aggressive and entitled as men and quick to react with anger if their advances are rejected. 

I've heard stories and experienced it myself, they tend to get away with it bc well they're women and for some reason its not taken as seriously as when men do it. Its a serious problem bc some will outright touch you inappropriately and play it off as a joke, despite how uncomfortable it makes you.

Ikr? Its funny cause I see lesbians everywhere shaming men and they are the same or even worse? But trans are another new level because;

- Bisexual individuals are not transphobic if they don't want to date transgenders.

This is such a common argument and it's getting to the point where it's annoying? You're not transphobic for not wanting to date a transgender, although this is being pushed on us bisexuals and we're being called every name in the book. You don't have to date cisgenders [I don't like saying this tbh], or transgenders, or anybody. I, myself, find it an uncomfortable subject because of how inflamed the community is now. /: It's like the ouroboros; eating itself for no specific reason other than tearing the community apart. 

Of this^ but lesbians seem to think trans only force their ways on them, bitch no, Im straight and got my first twitter acc suspended because I said I'm not fucking a trans man, I'm sorry I dont like vaginas I guess? Also the amount of gay friends I see being shamed into the same is...huge. I'm a supporter of LGBT rights I guess, but if trans keep pushing their way like this I'm just staying away from it, which makes me feel bad about LGB, specially G (since they are statistically the most attacked ones) but what can I do when another part of the movement is pushing rape culture with everyone??

Posted

Of this^ but lesbians seem to think trans only force their ways on them, bitch no, Im straight and got my first twitter acc suspended because I said I'm not fucking a trans man, I'm sorry I dont like vaginas I guess? Also the amount of gay friends I see being shamed into the same is...huge. I'm a supporter of LGBT rights I guess, but if trans keep pushing their way like this I'm just staying away from it, which makes me feel bad about LGB, specially G (since they are statistically the most attacked ones) but what can I do when another part of the movement is pushing rape culture with everyone??

There is a movement called "LGBDropTheT", and it's filled with lesbian/gay/bisexual individuals who believe they are being victimized and ridiculed by the "corrupted" side of T. Although they do agree that there are normal T's wanting to just be accepted, they target the ones that are forcing themselves onto lesbians/bisexuals/etc.
The amount of incidents I see is sickening. 

Posted

There is a movement called "LGBDropTheT", and it's filled with lesbian/gay/bisexual individuals who believe they are being victimized and ridiculed by the "corrupted" side of T. Although they do agree that there are normal T's wanting to just be accepted, they target the ones that are forcing themselves onto lesbians/bisexuals/etc.
The amount of incidents I see is sickening. 

I lurked that reddit + itsafetish, the second one is FULL of trans normalizing stealing our underwear, its sickening

Posted

mmm loving the exo flavour in this one

Posted

A lot of old homophobic things are being rewritten to be targeted against trans people and its embarrasing, its obvious as fuck and everyone just chooses to act like its not happening.

Posted

mmm loving the exo flavour in this one

wrong unpopular opinions thread

Posted

Monomi deserved better. 

Posted

all of those european fashion instagrammers look the same. maybe if they didn't all wear the same oversize suit with a prada re-edition i'd think different

Agree, and all high fashion models have the same style. You will never find a girl that walks for Chanel but is an e-girl, goth or anything alternative behind the scenes. It's always super serious and elegant - straight medium length hair, minimal makeup, a beret, mom jeans, knee boots and usually a coat. I like that style, but it's kinda weird that all models wear it, as if their agency told them to dress a certain way for instagram pics. Also when you reach certain age, like early 20s, when you want to dress all serious and mature, you can easily end up looking like a young mom in her early 30s.

Speaking of Europe, I have no connection with Scandinavia nor have even been there, but this video still managed to make me sick. My friend from Sweden told me that the add made people so angry that someone attempted to bomb SAS' office. 

Posted (edited)

Mega unpopular opinion incoming...

I don't condone the word being used to describe disabled people, in the same way I don't condone calling someone with intellectual disabilities stupid. But this is the actual definition and it's surprising we've gotten to a point where context has completely gone out the window. When that word is used, whoever let it slip is completely vilified by the mob regardless intent. Why have we become so defensive over language where it's acceptable for people to gatekeep certain terms, and publically crucify all those who don't adhere to their rhetoric? Does the perceived moral high ground really matter when it causes so much damage in itself? Should we ban all words that could possibly have negative connotations, or will this just stifle our ability to communicate effectively?

Screenshot_20200214-114721__01.jpg

Edited by Purinpuff

Posted

Mega unpopular opinion incoming...

I don't condone the word being used to describe disabled people, in the same way I don't condone calling someone with intellectual disabilities stupid. But this is the actual definition and it's surprising we've gotten to a point where context has completely gone out the window. When that word is used, whoever let it slip is completely vilified by the mob regardless intent. Why have we become so defensive over language where it's acceptable for people to gatekeep certain terms, and publically crucify all those who don't adhere to their rhetoric? Does the perceived moral high ground really matter when it causes so much damage in itself? Should we ban all words that could possibly have negative connotations, or will this just stifle our ability to communicate effectively?

Hidden Content

Tbh, I don't think I ever saw aanyone use that word to insult disabled people. It's pretty much just used as a synonym moron, idiot, and imbecile which all  started life as medical terms but have now been discredited in that field. I don't see how retard is any worse than them insult wise 

Posted (edited)

- Cherry Pepsi is superior when against Cherry Coke, but Vanilla/Orange Sherbert/Georgia Peach/British Columbia Coke will have my heart forever.

Why must this hurt...Valentines day will be spent loving these beverages, ladies and gents. Also, yes, those last 2 flavours exist in Canada. Not sure if they're available anywhere else. They are so good yet so sour, sometimes. Hah.

- Loving psychopathic characters and thinking they'll love you back is not only idiotic, but ignorant. 

Do you guys remember the Creepypasta fangirl phase? No? Well unfortunately, I was victim to this disease.

Psychopaths are not capable of feeling emotion, and if they can their emotions will be very shallow. They also don't feel remorse. So, like...have fun trying to sweet talk Ted Bundy or JEFf ThE kilLEr xDDD [god, that hurt.]

- Judging someone else's eyebrows is stupid. 

I see this a lot in the makeup world and it's so pointless? Eyebrows are there to protect your eyes and help with expression.

S3y5tZ9.png

So why does it matter if someone has arched eyebrows, or thin eyebrows? Doesn't matter if they're doing their job.

Edited by thechurchesareburning
yes, PULL, strike through my text even though I didn't ask. ugh :X

Posted (edited)

Today while looking up Valentine's Day articles, I found one on Bustle that talked about basically "how to commit to self-care when Valentine's Day is triggering for you." In the first paragraph or two it mentioned how hard it can be to see happy couples on Valentine's Day if you've ended or faced betrayal in a relationship.

What the actual hell.

It annoys the hell out of me when single people get so triggered over Valentine's Day. Like, good lord, if you get so offended by other people's happiness, that is entirely a YOU problem. The fact the article tried to justify breakups or being betrayed/cheated on as a valid reason to resent other couples for being happy is disgusting and 1000% appalling. Like, I've been disappointed in VDay, but it doesn't mean I'm going to actively root against those who weren't. Hell, I saw a girl across the hall from me get flowers at 8:30 in the morning from her bf, and I almost melted, because happiness and romance should be appreciated. It's rare enough in our shitty world--stop making it worse because you wanna feel sorry for yourself.

On that note, I love Valentine's Day. Sure, whatever, it's hella commercialized, but what holiday isn't? I don't agree with going crazy, and have had my skeptic moments about it, but overall just seeing people get giddy over a holiday ENTIRELY ABOUT LOVE is just about one of the sweetest things ever (also Galentine's Day is super fun idc what anyone says)

Happy Valentine's Day, PULL! <3 

Edited by Squishy Kitty