• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9168 posts in this topic

Posted

Most guys would be decently attractive, if they put effort into taking care of themselves and developing a good personality. Yes, if a guy is only 5'0 tall or has a facial deformity, he might have a hard time, but that's only a small fraction of men. 

If an average guy, or even below average guy, has good grooming, goes to the gym once or twice a week, wear clothes that suit his body type, and has a funny and charming personality without being creepy and harassing women, he will probably be good enough to get a girlfriend. I have plenty of really pretty girl friends dating "ugly" guys but who cares? The guys are probably nice and make them happy.

Unfortunately it seems like blaming women is a new coping mechanism for things like social anxiety or depression for some men. 

1000 times this. Honestly society today isn't even that harsh on men who groom themselves. At least not where I live. Men are just lazy (do I really need to say not all). One of my guy friends is prime example of this. He wears the same 3 sweats and 4 t-shirts everyday, sometimes they even look unwashed. He doesn't use deodorant, sometimes his breath smells like he hasn't brushed his teeth. He casually said recently he doesn't even shower daily despite biking everywhere and sweating. Don't get me wrong he's a good guy just no hygiene whatsoever. He really wants a girlfriend but doesn't see that just basic hygiene would get him way more chances. 

Men complain women have it easy in the dating world (biggest myth ever, finding a guy who wants to fuck isn't a hard task but finding an actual good man can be very hard). I don't see guys putting as much effort in their grooming and appearance as the average woman ever, but if all guys would at least do the basics they wouldn't be having such a hard time. Women aren't vain, superficial or more interested in money. Most guys just don't put any effort in even smelling bearable! Guys wake tf up!!

Posted

Another note about men, I would want to date a guy who has a career, and is either educated or keeps himself pretty self-educated through things like reading and learning new skills.

Is it because I'm a shallow whore and just want to date a man for his money?

No, it's because I'm finishing undergrad right now, I'm going to medical school next, and I would like to date someone who has similar values to mine. If a guy works in a fast food restaurant, he could still be a really lovely and wonderful person, but he probably has really different life goals than mine, unless he's working to afford going into a new career or school. (Btw I'm not trying to shame anyone who's working-class, I'm just talking about my personal dating values.)

I'm not saying I'd reject someone because of their salary or what degree level they have, but I'd at least like to date someone working hard toward some kind of dream ya know?

(Also I think it's totally possible for men to chase women for their money, even if it's not as common. If I'm making six figures someday I don't want to date some manbaby who expects me to pay rent and finance his video game addiction or anything like that.)

Posted (edited)

Another note about men, I would want to date a guy who has a career, and is either educated or keeps himself pretty self-educated through things like reading and learning new skills.

It's literally evolutionary to want a guy like that, that is able to provide for you and your future family, along with a physically stronger guy who will be able to defend you and your family and a good locking guy that guarantees healthy offspring.

Taylor Swift's documentary is literally 'look how oppressed I am'. She talks how people tell women to act small, talk a little, be quiet, to not have strong opinions etc. Well, if you watch only 1950s guides on YouTube on how women should behave, then yes. If someone in her management was telling her to behave that way, it's because that was her image, to be a cute country girl wife material. There are more successful outspoken famous female singers than cute conservative lolis. The documentary just shows how detached from the real world she is, I literally forgot she's 30, in my head she's 20.

Edited by shady

Posted

Kubz Scout opinion, it's long, but there's no thread and I wasn't sure if it was a rant so...spoiler it is lol

Hidden Content

Highly agree. When a couples together it's public, but when they break up it's suddenly private? 

The situation with Jay and Nini is still sus. I don't understand how his fanbase doesn't even think this is weird. If you guys are "cool" then why did she move to a different state? If it was a mutual decision then why did you say you guys were gonna coparent while she says she taking on both parental roles? 

But to top it all off, a 10 year relationship ended after recently have a child together? Wth? 

At this point, I unsubbed. So much bs and the fans are as naive as Shane Dawson fans. 

Posted

Highly agree. When a couples together it's public, but when they break up it's suddenly private? 

Hidden Content

Can't spoil because mobile :alpacaworry:

In his most recent vid, an update vid because people were confused because the OG vid was supposedly remove by jay but not ( + he removed all videos of Nini and Mason lmao ) which basically repeated everything jay originally said...adding onto that the tweets and comments to Nini are uncalled for, he said a lot of people have been trying to figure out what happened and whatnot. Basically a large enough part of his fanbase have been finding it sus too.

Posted (edited)

Single people need to stop being so bitter on Valentine's Day. You're single? So are a lot of other people. Stop being pissy and let couples have fun. 

I just have a problem that companies, restaurants and clubs capitalize of Valentine's day when it doesn't even exist in Orthodox Christianity. 10 years ago I didn't know it was a thing outside of American shows, now you can't go out on that day because every single cafe will be full to the point you can't sit anywhere. We have this phrase here (pomodarstvo) that is similar to cultural appropriation but this time appropriating everything pop culture related that comes from the west, the example can be Japanese celebrating Catholic Christmas. 

Edited by shady

Posted

I hate those commercials with people quitting Juuling. Like they're so annoying. I understand it's addicting and all, because my third cousin seems to be addicted to it, but some of the things that they say to quit vaping and what not makes me want to do it more lmao. Like "Vaping causes asthma and depression" I'm like: "too late, I already have treated asthma and depression". People going to try to stop me wanting to smoke weed and chew khat as well... yeah right nice try.

Posted (edited)

hriuojklfjsdkuhvioofapidiSNJgokd;f;pifuuojklmnwjafhsduiodklmansfjdkguiogulskrsemjnksdhuiofklh,.mngefjskolpirewugnjkfdlaoirnhjmdsfnbgvftyguvibjlksr,mejnbsghdtyuifgjlkhnmhjhdsvbgretysud7ifoglkhfmnjbewrjmklgjfmnh,kle;opresifnhmdklsroi fnmdvklhujygtfrdetrgyuikl,m.nbvcxdsfrtyuiolkmnjbvcfdertyuikljmnbvcfdgthyjlkjihuytresdxcvbnjkloijuyjtrdesfxcvbnjkiujytgfrdxcvbnmjkljhbvgcfdxsedrtyujikoplkjmnhbgvcvbnm,l;p[oiuyt5r4e34567890p[;l,mnbvfcdser4567yuiokl,mnbvcxsderty6u7i89ooi8uytgvbnmklk;loiuytgrf

Edited by sandy11

Posted

Valentineťs day was celebrated all around Europe even before people reached America.

I know, obviously, Saint Valentine is a catholic saint. The point is that certain people here like to copy American culture to appear progressive and modern, for example, new mommys with too much money for the past 2 years love to throw baby showers with 'It's a Girl' sign in English, and I didn't know what baby shower were until a couple of years ago and many people here still don't know. They don't really care what people in Switzerland, Sweden and Spain do, they just take notes what Americans do. I've watched this documentary of African black people talking how they've been taught to think that everything that comes from a white man is better than theirs, and this also applies to us unfortunately, that everything coming from America or the west is better than ours. 

Posted

I know, obviously, Saint Valentine is a catholic saint. The point is that certain people here like to copy American culture to appear progressive and modern, for example, new mommys with too much money for the past 2 years love to throw baby showers with 'It's a Girl' sign in English, and I didn't know what baby shower were until a couple of years ago and many people here still don't know. They don't really care what people in Switzerland, Sweden and Spain do, they just take notes what Americans do. I've watched this documentary of African black people talking how they've been taught to think that everything that comes from a white man is better than theirs, and this also applies to us unfortunately, that everything coming from America or the west is better than ours. 

I just meant that doing romantic stuff was done already before. They didnt come up with it, they just took over.

Posted

Single people need to stop being so bitter on Valentine's Day. You're single? So are a lot of other people. Stop being pissy and let couples have fun. 

Ikr? Im single but the amount of bitter people I see on twitter that day is insaneeee

trans women shouldn't be able to participate in women's sports. whoever thought that having people biologically born male, participating in women's sports was a good idea in the first place?

PREACH.

Posted

-Women, specifically cis lesbians and trans women can be just as sexually aggressive and entitled as men and quick to react with anger if their advances are rejected. 

I've heard stories and experienced it myself, they tend to get away with it bc well they're women and for some reason its not taken as seriously as when men do it. Its a serious problem bc some will outright touch you inappropriately and play it off as a joke, despite how uncomfortable it makes you.

Posted

all of those european fashion instagrammers look the same. maybe if they didn't all wear the same oversize suit with a prada re-edition i'd think different