• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8576 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't like it when people fixate and obsess about somebody that they loathe, hate, or despise. Like how does this person affect you at all? A lot of times when people hate them it's because for a petty reason not to do with them, or the person called them out on their bullshit to their face, and they didn't like it at all.

People who bully others (even emotionally and verbally) are not doing it "for mischievous fun"; those people need to take responsibility for their actions instead of denying shit and starting more rumors. That's why I can't really trust some Igens and Millinneals (or humans in general) because some of them don't take responsibility for their own actions, nor do they even try to help others of situations like harassing or bullying. 

People in developed countries take everything for granted. I see people complaining about not being able to get everything they want or being "poor" yet there's people in Latin American, Africa, and Asia not able to have basic necessities of life. There's even people in developed nations (think of the South or the Midwest in the United States, and I think of the Northwest Territories in Canada) that don't even have basic needs as well.

Just because I'm female doesn't mean I don't know anything about cars.

Posted

Writing fanfiction in your 20s is not weird and it's just annoying to see grown people constantly giving a sense of shame to the ones that do it.  If they're having fun and it doesn't affect anyone in a negative way who gives a shit? 

Agree. I'm not yet in my 20s but I began writing fanfiction when I was just becoming a tween, and thanks to it my writing has helped me become an honours in English. I don't care what age you are if you write fanfiction, and neither should anybody else. They're contributing to a fandom and showing off ideas that could inspire people. I only care if you write about sensitive topics and enable them.  

Posted

Writing fanfiction in your 20s is not weird and it's just annoying to see grown people constantly giving a sense of shame to the ones that do it.  If they're having fun and it doesn't affect anyone in a negative way who gives a shit? 

Agree. Fanfic can be really cool and interesting. Some writers really have a great style and ideas, but I personally can't stand smut, unless it really connects with the story overall but I usually skip it. Especially the really degrading ones. There's a line that shouldn't be crossed when it comes to fanfiction, because the people that inspires them don't like it and it's disrespectful.

Posted

People who build up their own or others people character/personality solely on their zodiac are driving me crazy! 
„Oh you can‘t expect that from that person, because he‘s a Taurus.“ 

Posted (edited)

I have come baring more unpop opinions that are probably popular. 

- Insulting someone over a video game shows you have way too much time on your hands, and you're taking it far too seriously.

I play LoL, and for people that don't know, it's a very toxic game. Very rarely will you get a good team. Just yesterday the enemy kept saying "lol you suck lol lol lol" to my teammate and??? Okay who asked?? They could be practicing? And the fact you're insulting someone over pixels...he bought his brain cells at the thrift store, I believe.

- You can like Nazi uniforms without being racist or supportive of their motives.

They had some nice uniforms, ngl. Just remove the swastikas [which used to be a hockey team's logo before Hitler decided to be an ass] and you've got yourself a nice uniform. 

- Visual Kei is heavily underrated.

If you have no clue as to what that is;

versailles.thumb.jpeg.eaec746feb117a7115the_gazette.thumb.jpg.9565960bdbe70917df

There are multiple forms, but the most common are cutesy, gothic and Victorian. If you've heard of BABYMETAL, they have a similar style but are not considered visual kei. 

Fun fact: these are all men. Rarely are there females. Bands above are VERSAILLES and The GazettE. I recommend listening to The GazettE first if you're willing to give this genre a try. They are one of the most popular. My first song from them was INSIDE BEAST, so...check that out.

- Rap/Pop music was better before.

I'd rather listen to someone singing about how much he loves me rather than him singing about "fat asses" or "fucking that ho into the sheets". Where did good rap go? Hellllllloooo?

EDIT: The amount of people getting offended lmfaoooo go cry a river. None of these affect you in any way whatsoever. This is too good 

Edited by thechurchesareburning

Posted

Not being a straight a student nor not being good with landmarks and maps doesn't make you stupid. I'm a b/c/d student, and I have cousins, second cousins, third cousins, and sisters a hell lot smarter than me (my IQ is 96 (official testing by a professional) and people think I'm a moron or a damn genius). Hell, they get higher GPAS and ACT scores than me (lower 20s to very high 30s). TBH, I'm iffy with streets and landmarks as well... They were the top like 0.01% of the class to top quarter of the class, whilst I'm cruising by being the top half (almost the bottom half) lol.

People who think all stereotypes are true can be ignoramuses. I can only think of a few stereotypes that are actually true. Other than that, most are false or over exaggerated. 

Posted

foot fetishes are fine i guess as long as you dont cut up someones foot and keep it in your bed

Posted

Oooo boi here we go

- maths are important

sushi tastes AWFUL 

- I don't see the point of removing gluten from your diet if you're not celiac. There's not scientific evidence ( as far I know? Correct me if I'm wrong ) to prove that gluten is harmful. Magazines are not solid proof to shield yourself, dumbass

- I don't agree with any particular conception of God, but I do believe that there may be something out there. I don't like either how some atheists defend themselves with "science". Science was never a dogma, and never will. We haven't found LUCA yet, but that doesn't mean it never existed. Same goes with pretty much everything else

If that's too hard for you to digest then. Don't be a dick and respect others, even if they don't respect you

- I dislike how everyone says that western feminism is pointless. Latin America is western too, you know? 

- I hate how hypocritical the """artist""" community in IG is. Everyone's fake af

- Billie Eilish isn't that good. Her style is cool, tho

- I don't like how infj groups have suddenly become elitist since "we're the rarest mbti type", and lots of ppl are identifying themselves as infjs, too. They're forgetting that the original study was made in the eeuu, and the percentages are based off its population. Duh

Posted (edited)

- I don't see the point of removing gluten from your diet if you're not celiac. There's not scientific evidence ( as far I know? Correct me if I'm wrong ) to prove that gluten is harmful. Magazines are not solid proof to shield yourself, dumbass

Gluten is in things like bread, and bread, depending on the type you eat is fattening. That's probably the issue that causes people to go on gluten-free diets. But I agree. 

Posted

foot fetishes are fine i guess as long as you dont cut up someones foot and keep it in your bed

gross stuff ⚠ 

Foot fetishes are even better when you profit from it (no I don't sell pics of my feet but my friend does lmao). I still find feet gross, especially on men because they think that they for some reason don't need to take care of their feet although they're more prone to having smelly feet. The majority I've seen don't even cut their nails regularly. 🤢🤮

Gluten is in things like bread, and bread, depending on the type you eat is fattening. That's probably the issue that causes people to go on gluten-free diets. But I agree. 

Gluten is not bad for you unless the doctor told you not to eat it. People who don't eat it for trendy reasons are just being snowflakes. 

Posted

gross stuff ⚠ 

Foot fetishes are even better when you profit from it (no I don't sell pics of my feet but my friend does lmao). I still find feet gross, especially on men because they think that they for some reason don't need to take care of their feet although they're more prone to having smelly feet. The majority I've seen don't even cut their nails regularly. 🤢🤮

Gluten is not bad for you unless the doctor told you not to eat it. People who don't eat it for trendy reasons are just being snowflakes. 

lmao an underclassman of mine had a feetish (pun intended) and said he wanted to cut up "my little feet" and keep them in his bed. not sure why he thought it was a good idea to tell me, but from what i know and what other people have told me, he's into little girls. because i look 13, he ended up stalking me. fun times. ended up telling a couple of teachers and they suspended him. it wasn't the first time he had done that. 

most fetishes are fine. except the ones that involve a non-consenting party. 

Posted

lmao an underclassman of mine had a feetish (pun intended) and said he wanted to cut up "my little feet" and keep them in his bed. not sure why he thought it was a good idea to tell me, but from what i know and what other people have told me, he's into little girls. because i look 13, he ended up stalking me. fun times. ended up telling a couple of teachers and they suspended him. it wasn't the first time he had done that. 

While reading that I went from 😂 to 😮.

Posted (edited)

I said it was fattening in certain foods like bread. It's not bad for you, but if you'd like to stay away from fattening foods, then that's why their diet is like that. I never said it was bad for you. I just explained that it's present in foods that can be fattening to some individuals. 

Posted

yeah thats

more than just a foot fetish

Posted

some PULL edition unpopular opinions

-some people here are way too oversensitive and can’t take jokes, be it from a snowflake or another user

-it’s annoying when people randomly bring up politics that are completely unrelated to the discussion, like when people randomly mention terfs or trump out of nowhere 

-some people here are actually jealous and probably have no life, contrary to what people say here. when i first joined i believed that we weren’t jealous and were productive people, but now i’m not so sure about some users

-people don’t understand clickbait here very well

-if you’re gonna talk about your life outside of the general discussion, please spoiler it. no one wants to read about how poor you are when we’re looking for tea. it just comes across as attention seeking

-i didn’t understand here when people were saying a lot of new users are sjw, but i definitely see it now