• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8119 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

so much of the internet is in parasocial relationships with YouTubers and streamers and it's so fucking unhealthy. worst of all these content creators enable these behaviors? and they exploit it. 

like you can like/admire whoever you like, but the after a certain amount of subs the feeling will Never be reciprocated in a healthy way. No matter how much they say they love and care about their followers. They will not provide you the support and care that you need from real friends/loved ones.  

They are not a viable substitute for real relationships. Stop idol-worshipping them. 

Edited by jadedotgif

Posted

Some of the forums on this site started with legitimate points, but turned into literal witch hunts with people over criticizing everything a person does. 

cough cough the kenna thread

Posted

Brit-pop group ranking

Coldplay>Artic Monkeys>Radiohead>Lush>Oasis>Blur

I said what i said

ok but where does Gorrilaz fall in that ranking?

Posted

It would be really nice to know why pull has been down so much lately. 

cough cough the kenna thread

The belle delphine thread too. The users in there are bloody ridiculous.

Posted

Mega unpopular: If you know you're broke, you shouldn't go out or invite yourself to go out with your friends unless they tell you they're ok with buying you food etc.

I will admit that eating in front of your hungry friend is really mean but as someone who has been on both sides of the fence, I'd rather spare myself the embarrassment by just staying home. It really isn't your friends job to feed you, especially if you decided to mention you don't have money at the last minute or do some schmoozing crap to try to get them to buy things for you. 

Posted

Some of the forums on this site started with legitimate points, but turned into literal witch hunts with people over criticizing everything a person does. 

agreed. ive seen people trying to say shit without proof like...really? 

Posted

Mega unpopular: If you know you're broke, you shouldn't go out or invite yourself to go out with your friends unless they tell you they're ok with buying you food etc.

i 100% agree and i wish people would stop telling you to treat them even if they have the money for it cos it's really annoying. i get that a lot when you go out and they automatically ask you if you could treat them and you know that they have their own money. sometimes they use a joke to get you to treat them. i ain't a walking atm/wallet ffs.

Posted

I'm sorry but Simone Simons' photography is so fucking boring.  You couldn't tell by looking at her photos that she travels the world regularly.  It's shitty black and whites of her friends, same five guys burgers and fries you see every time.  "Oh look it's Mark... but he's in Brazil!!!???"   Literally YAWN.

And the black and white effect is badly used.  You don't want the sky brighter than the person you're trying to fucking capture.  Learn about value before going for black and white.  Seriously.  It's not a bandaid for bad photos.

What shits me off is people pay for her photography just because they want 'the singer from Epica' to take their photo.  So transparent, on both sides.

And she's trying to be serious about photography with samey photos and a neglected instagram with zero engagement on her part, unless you're her close buddy of course.  If you're a fan, fuck you.

Bitch you have 11 comments, fucking reply to them.

I agree. I know it's really unpopular nowadays to criticise Simone on anything because of extremely defensive fans after she was so maliciously over-criticised during 2009-2013(which was terrible and I used to be one of the extremely defensive fans for quite a while). But her photography is such a joke and really seems more like a money-grab attempt. It seems like she actually is only casually interested in photography (or maybe she's simply not good at it) but it really seems like she's just playing photographer to play up to her ego or something. And she's not engaging with fans at all.

My other unpopular opinion is that Floor Jansen's attempts at classical singing have always been terrible - she's the epitome of that ridiculous lowering of voice and distorting her face while attempting to sound "operatic". Other vocalists who do/did it were rightfully criticised but Floor gets overhyped ever since she joined Nightwish. Her rock voice is her strong point but she has her shortcomings (like everyone!) and there should be no sin in pointing it out. Some of her fans are way worse and more cruel to other singers than even the "we want Tarja back" fans.

Posted (edited)

sometimes I feel we need to give Kenna some space to breathe.

like I don't seriously hate her, I just get second-hand embarrassment from her life choices.

edit: you know what? nevermind. she'll never realize how entitled she is, huh.

Edited by I have a crush on No0b3

Posted

Remember when someone posted themselves of the belle delphine thread cosplaying her? Let's not do that. Users who post themselves should be banned. It's not appropriate. 

Posted (edited)

I agree. I know it's really unpopular nowadays to criticise Simone on anything because of extremely defensive fans after she was so maliciously over-criticised during 2009-2013(which was terrible and I used to be one of the extremely defensive fans for quite a while). But her photography is such a joke and really seems more like a money-grab attempt. It seems like she actually is only casually interested in photography (or maybe she's simply not good at it) but it really seems like she's just playing photographer to play up to her ego or something. And she's not engaging with fans at all.

My other unpopular opinion is that Floor Jansen's attempts at classical singing have always been terrible - she's the epitome of that ridiculous lowering of voice and distorting her face while attempting to sound "operatic". Other vocalists who do/did it were rightfully criticised but Floor gets overhyped ever since she joined Nightwish. Her rock voice is her strong point but she has her shortcomings (like everyone!) and there should be no sin in pointing it out. Some of her fans are way worse and more cruel to other singers than even the "we want Tarja back" fans.

Honestly if Floor was worth the hype she would have skyrocketed in the like 10-20 years before she joined Shitwish.  I remember listening to her in AE before, years ago, and never really giving them more of a listen because nothing about the band or her really blew my socks off at all.

Another unpopular one is that Symphonic Metal is just dying now.  It seems like the more money these bands have to throw at their projects, the worse they get.  Super shiny highly-CG'd music videos of twenty year olds in pleather catsuits, lots of 'full venue' splices to make them look more impressive than they really are as a band, and super shiny chrome on all their instruments and jewelry to make you think 'wow!  they must be good! they have money!'

I see it in new!Kamelot.  Same with Nightwish.  Same with Epica.  Same with all of them.  They're dead inside, no spirit.  I don't feel anything.  It's so sterile. 

Tuomas lost his muse, because let's be real, that's what Tarja was for him.  Mark Jansen and his ideologies are getting old and tired, and I think these days people are tiring of being preached to about ideologies when listening to music.  Kamelot's lyrics make no fucking sense anymore and sometimes I think Tommy cares more about his girlfriend's career than his own singing.  Epica is running in place with how Simone's airy voice can barely be understood despite being in the business 20 years. 

Am I missing something?  The fuck happened?  I look away for two seconds and youtube musicians are the best thing about the genre now. 

They're all 'writing songs' instead of 'telling stories' now.  And the whole 'storybook themed lyrics' thing doesn't make up for no real story (looking at you, NW).

Sympho metal as a genre used to have so much soul and spirit, but now their album art is usually ten times better than the album itself.

Edited by ShoopShow

Posted

I wish Ready to Glare would come back to being a commenatry channel rather than reporting disturbing cases. I find that content also interesting but the way she brings it up in a very monotonuos voice and uninterested in almost every video covering very similar cases usually involving pedophilia desensitizes me and makes it seem like a very normal occurence. It would be the best if she balanced it with commentary.

Posted

Stop calling teenagers kids. Kid is like 5-12 yos. No, they're not adults, but most people around 7+ know the difference between right and wrong. Hell, even young adults 20-30 yo sometimes aren't ready enough for the real world.

Asexuals don't deserve hate, but imo they aren't part of the LGBT community. I do think they should be accepted though, because they get so much loathing from others. But even thought I don't think they are part of the community, they should be welcomed to LGBT safe spaces. (you don't have to understand this opinion lmao.)

On Twitter, I want people to block me (like PETA or Onion Boy.) I'm not trying to piss anybody off; I'm just trying to get people to block me lol. Miguna Miguna and PETA has already blocked me lol. I'm working on Onion Boy, Trump, and Shane Dawson to block me. After that, I want Ronnie Radke and that one BBC news reporter to block me. Then it'll be Obama and W. Bush (if he's on Twitter) I'm also trying to find out people to block me on Mastodon (not the band, but a website like Twitter.)

If you can learn how to do things, please don't pay others to do shit for you. (like making your own meals, maintaining your car, creating a home gym.) Unless it's hard as hell for you to accomplish lol.

Posted

I wish Ready to Glare would come back to being a commenatry channel rather than reporting disturbing cases. I find that content also interesting but the way she brings it up in a very monotonuos voice and uninterested in almost every video covering very similar cases usually involving pedophilia desensitizes me and makes it seem like a very normal occurence. It would be the best if she balanced it with commentary.

Omg same. I love her content but her commentary videos were way better, i loved her why tumblr sucks series.

Her reporting on disturbing cases is kinda...eh to me. I already follow 2 true crime channels and their reports are usually more detailed, whilst she just kinda reads it out and chimes in but doesn't seem interested. Also the weird voice and zoom in edits just don't fit for videos on disturbing topics. 

Posted

Coronavirus shit got me scared, countries should just cancel every trip they have with affected ones.