• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8163 posts in this topic

Posted

PlanetPrudence on instagram is ANNOYING. Seriously she overdoes the expectations vs reality bs that is just done to make her seem like she's "not like other girls".

"Oh your adult toy is a phone well mine is a sex toy" oh ho ho i'm soooo different or expectations vs reality pissing version. Like god damn girl get another schtick. 

Dude I HATE PlanetPrudence. It's so annoying, misogynistic, and 2012's humor to insist you're cool and ~speshul~ for being "different" than other girls. Spoiler alert: every woman is a unique human being with her own hobbies, quirks and whatever. 

Also I just hate comic artists who literally have one (1) joke and reuse it 100 times. Nothing's funny enough for me to want to see it that many times. 

PlanetPrudence in real life is a blonde, skinny, conventionally attractive woman soooo I don't even know who she's trying to shit on in her comics. 

598adcc77cb6c.jpg

Posted

Dude I HATE PlanetPrudence. It's so annoying, misogynistic, and 2012's humor to insist you're cool and ~speshul~ for being "different" than other girls. Spoiler alert: every woman is a unique human being with her own hobbies, quirks and whatever. 

Also I just hate comic artists who literally have one (1) joke and reuse it 100 times. Nothing's funny enough for me to want to see it that many times. 

PlanetPrudence in real life is a blonde, skinny, conventionally attractive woman soooo I don't even know who she's trying to shit on in her comics. 

`That makes it so much worse LOL, I follow a lot of art instagrams so she's always in my explore page and every time I see her somehow the comic(?) is worst than the last. She's also always pushing her patreon, like you really need money for this? I'm all for artists having a steady income, but it's not like what she's doing is hard or time consuming. 

Just look at this crap! 

:melting:

Posted

idk how unpopular this is.... but i feel like autotune gets a lot of bad rap just because it's not the artist's original voice. i actually don't mind autotune as a style or a correction tool. it does depend on the placement and how it's used, but sometimes i'll prefer hearing the computerized effects over the actual voice. ultimately, it comes down to the listener, but ... yeah.

I guess the only time I'd because actually angry over autotune is if an artist purports it to be their actual/live voice. but I'm less angry about the autotune, and more angry about the artist lying.

Posted

dr. Pepper is underrated af

Posted

dr. Pepper is underrated af

Dr pepper is the best pop don’t @ me.

Posted (edited)

i've been thinking about this for a while and to me bisexual and pansexual are the same thing, "pansexual" only reinforces the whole "trans women/men aren't real women/men" discord (btw im not saying that trans women arent real women an vise versa, i dont believe that) 

Edited by moonIight

Posted

i've been thinking about this for a while and to me bisexual and pansexual are the same thing, "pansexual" only reinforces the whole "trans women/men aren't real women/men" discord 

Technically they are but pansexual is usually used by people who believe in gender fluidity and there being multiple gender identities.

Posted

i've been thinking about this for a while and to me bisexual and pansexual are the same thing, "pansexual" only reinforces the whole "trans women/men aren't real women/men" discord 

I always felt like pansexual was more like a way of thinking. Like you don't care/think about gender, you just care about loving someone, no matter who they are.

Posted

Don't know why so many girls of 160 cm calling themselves small ,i'm 162 cm and i don't consider myself small i'm not saying that i'm tall but it's not like i'm smol uwu either ,to me people of my height are medium  

Posted

Compliments at short girls are overrated and really undermine those considered average or tall. I’ve never seen any posts that call out for tall girl appreciation, especially those 6’ or higher. Like seriously? Can’t we just accept all girls are cute and beautiful?

Posted

It's okay to do things alone by yourself. Im not sure if this is considered an unpopular opinion, but around me people often think that "omg doing things alone is boring n sad why dont u wanna have other people with u???" 

I don't hate doing things with others, in fact I also enjoy having people (that i know) around me too. But i find that being alone is very therapeutic and calming. It eases my mind. 

Posted

I want to root for Normani so bad (and tbh I do) but I haven't really liked any single put out by her so far. I do think she outdances a lot of the it girls and works her ass off, and there are awful vocalists that get WAY more shine unfortunately, but idk, even if Motivation stuck with Ariana, I would have still thought it was a bland song. 

Posted

Lightning was a great protagonist and nobody can tell me otherwise. I wish Square would make a remaster of the FFXIII trilogy, with explaining the setting better than a 5 min video that's long been deleted.

Posted

It's okay to do things alone by yourself. Im not sure if this is considered an unpopular opinion, but around me people often think that "omg doing things alone is boring n sad why dont u wanna have other people with u???" 

I don't hate doing things with others, in fact I also enjoy having people (that i know) around me too. But i find that being alone is very therapeutic and calming. It eases my mind. 

Right?!! I have so much blast when I'm by myself. I'm never bored and I am my own #1 distraction. 

Posted

Uhm so here are my (unpopular) opinions. Maybe these aren't unpopulair, but I never see these so ig they are.

1. The grading system is fricking dumb and contradicts the purpose of school, which is learning. Students don't learn to learn they learn so that they don't get punished. They don't learn for fun, they learn so that they won't fail. Besides that, bad grades cause a lot of stress, which causes bad grades, which causes more stress, you know it. I genuinely enjoy learning, but not 6 hours a day for 10 days straight so I dont fail. I think if the grading system was removed, students would be much better at remembering everything, if you know what i mean.

2. Cow milk is disgusting

3. Pewdiepie is kinda overhyped. Like he is funny but not that funny. He deserves the subs, but there are youtubers who deserve more.

4. As long as it's all consensual (from both sides), in private and safe, sex work is ok. Like some women just want to have sex for money. 

5. (I still don't know 100% how to think about this) Racism is basically hating someone for their race. So if you hate whites, simply because they're white, you hate them bc of their race, which is basically racism. It's just not as bad and common as racism towards black people.

6. Pan = bi and the label is inherently transphobic and contributes to bi-erasure. But, most pan people don't have the intention to do so. 

7. The LGBT community should stop pushing asexuals out of the community. I think they're not LGBT by definition, but some aces just feel like the LGBT is a safe space for them.

8. (ED trigger warning, mentions of tags relating to EDs)

words like pro-ana and thinspo should be banned from sites like tumblr, especially meanspo. Just like tags like boobies and sex. It's encouraging young girls to starve themselves.

9. Angelkin actually makes sense, but foodkin doesn't.

10. Billie Eilish deserves the hype. Like she did THAT with barely any promo in the beginning. But, her merch is overpriced, like sis, $40 for a notebook??

11. Eminem is a terrible person and should not be hyped up.

12. Marina is the best live singer like ever, along with Aurora, and they're both underrated.

13. There are some things that you just should not joke about. Like it's not dark humor, you're just an asshole.

If you don't agree with any of these, explain why, I'd like to hear your opinions.