• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8198 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly I don't care what people do with their lives as long as they aren't causing harm or disruption to other people or society. Don't care if they have weird hobbies, weird relationships, weird fetishes, weird interests. Personally I would never be in a poly relationship but if it works for someone and their partner(s)? Who am I to tell them it's wrong, I'm not the relationship police. None of my business. I would never style my hair into a pink mohawk, but if someone feels cute with a pink mohawk, then they should rock it. I'll just worry about my own appearance. 

(Obviously I'm not referring to people who have interests like pedophilia or necrophilia, I said people who don't cause harm and anyone acting upon interests like those are terrible.) 

Posted

Hard disagree, fam. As JunkFood said, some people make choices that may benefit them/lead to their own happiness, but which are detrimental to others and/or society. Should we support them? Also, who said that because you support X you need to support everything X does? A parent doesn't always support everything their child chooses to do. Friends don't always support decisions their friends make; same goes for partners, or any relationship really. Doesn't mean you don't care about the person, or in this case the group. I support the idea of gender equality. I do NOT support the idea that just because you're a woman, your choices are all 100% okay and should be condoned and not be questioned no matter how morally objectionable. Hell, let's say some of the Australian arsonists (as I'm sure there are) are women, who chose to set fires to bring about awareness of climate change and so caused the needless, horrific deaths of not only countless animals but also innocent people. Do I need to support their choices? It's foolish, naive, and stupid to say that in order to support women, you need to also support and thus condone ANY and ALL choices every single woman chooses to make.

And as far as sex work goes, I'll never support an industry dominated by abusive, disgusting men who make a living tormenting women. Maybe in a place like Amsterdam, where prostitution is legal and supposedly regulated, it's better. But as someone in the U.S., if someone I knew was considering or involved in prostitution, you bet your ass I wouldn't accept or support that choice. I'd fight like hell to get them out of it. Prostitution degrades women. It contributes to human trafficking, which is why you have feminists who oppose and fight against its legalization, because an increase in demand would almost guarantee an increase in trafficking. Most women don't choose to be prostitutes--some are immigrants, usually smuggled into the country, who are forced to sell themselves or forced into the business because they have to pay off debts or otherwise can't find work. Some are young girls who are either lured away by predators or who run away from home and need to get by. In the U.S. and I'm sure in many other areas of the world, prostitution isn't a choice, it's a form of slavery for women and even men, and I'll be damned before I ever consider supporting that for anyone. 

Also, not to get too political (I've stated my political beliefs in this thread before) but this comment reminds me of a comment that bothered me during the 2016 election, made by Madeleine Albright: "There's a special place in hell for women who don't help each other!" This comment was made in direct reference to women who were considering not voting for Hillary Clinton for any reason. Whether you supported her or not, one must admit this is a disgusting comment to make, because it insinuates that if you do not support a woman simply because she's a woman, you are--to put it kindly--inherently wrong and quite possibly evil. Why? Why should a woman be supported simply because she is a woman? Shouldn't she be judged as any other, by the legitimacy of their morals (or lack thereof), or by her track record, what she's accomplished and what she plans to do? Sex should not be the determining factor of anything. 

I was just talking about supporting their life choices that hurt 0 other people calm down holy fucking shit. 

As for sex work there is a lot more then those you see working as prostitutes on the streets (coming from a former sex worker in those regards.)

Posted

I really dislike people to undermine themselves constantly to the point where they make others  genuinely believe it it’s a major thing. So what if you have a tiny bit of cellulite on your arms? Calling yourself cellulite sally or constantly nitpicking at one small thing to get people to comfort you and give you attention is so lame. I understand everyone has insecurities but some people really need to tone it down.

Posted

White people who degrade themselves and other white people for being white or simply going "I'm white but I'm not like other white people" is so cringy to me.

Like whats the point in throwing members of your race under the bus to appeal to poc? You know they have an even lower opinion of you and others who behave like you right? Pandering is so pathetic...if you're pro poc then just be that. 

aka buzzfeed skslkjkjh

I don't believe in casual sex, nor do I think it should've ever been normalized or embraced as much as it has been. Wanna do it? Fine, that's on you. But it makes no sense for society to promote these ideals that all bodies are beautiful, that all people are unique and have inherent value and should be respected as such, then turn around and embrace the idea that it's totally okay to use someone for your own gratification bc you're bored/horny/lonely/need a self-esteem boost, only to discard them once they've served their purpose. It's dehumanizing and degrading to me. You're literally in the most vulnerable, intimate position you can be in with another human being, and treating it like just some other bodily function (no different from the need to defecate, feed, etc.) is just...no. Nuh-uh. 

And in case someone tries to bring up consent--just because you agree to let someone take advantage of or use you doesn't make it right, it's still morally objectionable. I don't believe in shunning or abusing someone who chooses to have casual sex--I just don't think it's something that should be as widely accepted as it has become, at least in my country/society. 

I honestly couldn't agree more. The worst part is I've seen adults encourage youngsters to do it. 

Posted (edited)

I will never defend British food ever again. Google Bovril, it's like beef marmite/gravy granules but at football stadiums they put hot water in it to drink. (I'm English but vegetarian so this was a new discovery for me). :alpacadone: 

Edited by Miss_Doll

Posted

I don't believe in casual sex, nor do I think it should've ever been normalized or embraced as much as it has been. Wanna do it? Fine, that's on you. But it makes no sense for society to promote these ideals that all bodies are beautiful, that all people are unique and have inherent value and should be respected as such, then turn around and embrace the idea that it's totally okay to use someone for your own gratification bc you're bored/horny/lonely/need a self-esteem boost, only to discard them once they've served their purpose. It's dehumanizing and degrading to me. You're literally in the most vulnerable, intimate position you can be in with another human being, and treating it like just some other bodily function (no different from the need to defecate, feed, etc.) is just...no. Nuh-uh. 

And in case someone tries to bring up consent--just because you agree to let someone take advantage of or use you doesn't make it right, it's still morally objectionable. I don't believe in shunning or abusing someone who chooses to have casual sex--I just don't think it's something that should be as widely accepted as it has become, at least in my country/society. 

In 2019 I finally realized everything you said. Seriously, you're just speaking facts. As a teenager is scary how much I normalized casual sex with strangers just because I saw it so glorified on the media and now I just know I saved myself from so many horrible feelings because I never did it. 

For women, I think liberal feminism has a lot to do with it and there are always women talking about how they did a lot of casual hookups because they thought that was their way to embrace their empowerment and independence and it actually fucked up their self esteem.

I'm not judging everyone but society should be more cautious with how they portray sex overall, I see so many young girls going that route and it's honestly not for everyone. 

Posted

The best seasons of tawog were the first couple of seasons. It went downhill after cause they tried too hard to appeal to meme culture. 

Posted

Exposing peoples DMs that show shitty behaviour, cringe messages or nudes which have been sent by other people to someone who openly dislikes that person doesn’t make the person exposed look as bad. The person who is “exposing” them looks like a shit person and not someone anyone should be associated with. People should realise that people to do kind of stuff will do it to anyone.

Posted (edited)

In 2019 I finally realized everything you said. Seriously, you're just speaking facts. As a teenager is scary how much I normalized casual sex with strangers just because I saw it so glorified on the media and now I just know I saved myself from so many horrible feelings because I never did it. 

For women, I think liberal feminism has a lot to do with it and there are always women talking about how they did a lot of casual hookups because they thought that was their way to embrace their empowerment and independence and it actually fucked up their self esteem.

I'm not judging everyone but society should be more cautious with how they portray sex overall, I see so many young girls going that route and it's honestly not for everyone. 

Couldn't agree more, Euphoria really glorifies that idea with minor characters which is really disgusting. I can't belive that show is so popular and critically acclaimed. Literally a 14 year old lost her virginity on a one night stand with a 40 year old, a trans girl hooking up with old adult men she met on tinder, a 'prude' hooked up with a guy just to lose her virginity and became a slut and a cam girl. That is their almost entire story and plot, I literally just watched glorified casual sex on minors feat. middle aged men and glorified drug addiction and drug use with pretty makeup. This show is aimed at teenagers, let that sink in.

Edit: The scenes where those details are being shown aren't even shown in a bad light, the characters don't see anything wrong with it, add cute music and aestheticly pleasing scenes. As a 20 year old I obviously see that as a bad thing, but personally as a 13-14 year old in 2013 that series would make me want to be a slut and do drugs bc it's cool #swag #yolo. 

Edited by shady

Posted

The best seasons of tawog were the first couple of seasons. It went downhill after cause they tried too hard to appeal to meme culture. 

I agree so much! I don’t understand why people put gumball as an expectation when it comes to referencing internet culture. It’s still cringy and annoying when they do an entire episode on oc’s or fanfics. This show is gonna age horribly, and we’re all gonna look back at it thinking “Is this what the 2010’s were like?.....”.

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but Simone Simons' photography is so fucking boring.  You couldn't tell by looking at her photos that she travels the world regularly.  It's shitty black and whites of her friends, same five guys burgers and fries you see every time.  "Oh look it's Mark... but he's in Brazil!!!???"   Literally YAWN.

And the black and white effect is badly used.  You don't want the sky brighter than the person you're trying to fucking capture.  Learn about value before going for black and white.  Seriously.  It's not a bandaid for bad photos.

What shits me off is people pay for her photography just because they want 'the singer from Epica' to take their photo.  So transparent, on both sides.

And she's trying to be serious about photography with samey photos and a neglected instagram with zero engagement on her part, unless you're her close buddy of course.  If you're a fan, fuck you.

Bitch you have 11 comments, fucking reply to them.

Edited by ShoopShow

Posted (edited)

-Any trans women who refers to her genitals as and i quote "girl d!ck" is a trans fetishist. A lot of LGBT allies won't call them that but actual community members (especially trans members) will bc it paints a bad image of them. Especially since they tend to sexually harass and bully cis bi and lesbian women.

-Even if you disagree with their diet, there is nothing funny or cute about giving a vegan/vegetarian person a meat based meal when they specifically requested a meatless alternative. It doesn't matter if its for health reasons or simply them following a trend, its just really immature and unprofessional to do that simply bc you think they're annoying, picky and their diet is stupid. Grow up.

-I firmly disagree with not caring about what people do with their bodies bc its what makes them happy. Showing concern and offering sound advice is a form of supporting someone...turning a blind eye and letting them engage in things with potentially harmful consequences isn't support, its enabling. Like no, even if they get upset or defensive, the idea of just letting them do whatever so you don't seem judgemental doesn't sit well with me.

-Plastic surgery should not be heavily pushed and encouraged. Especially if you aren't willing to encourage others to do proper research on the procedure and inform them the potential risks. A lot of the risks are serious and debilitating. 

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted

I think Patreon Lewds have made the cos community worse and people who do it are in denial that they're sex workers. 

Posted

PlanetPrudence on instagram is ANNOYING. Seriously she overdoes the expectations vs reality bs that is just done to make her seem like she's "not like other girls".

"Oh your adult toy is a phone well mine is a sex toy" oh ho ho i'm soooo different or expectations vs reality pissing version. Like god damn girl get another schtick. 

Posted

I agree so much! I don’t understand why people put gumball as an expectation when it comes to referencing internet culture. It’s still cringy and annoying when they do an entire episode on oc’s or fanfics. This show is gonna age horribly, and we’re all gonna look back at it thinking “Is this what the 2010’s were like?.....”.

I guess given Cartoon Networks lineup it isn't much competition. Still doesn't change the fact that tawog feels like that one middle aged parent that tries too hard to appear cool.