• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8170 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't like how people assume if you're extroverted you're always popular and the life of the party. That's not always the case.

I consider myself extroverted since I need a lot of time around others to stay happy, but I like to keep my social circle small, with a few people I really trust. I only really like parties if I go with someone I know. And I HATE socializing with strangers in public, like if I'm on a bus or grocery store leave me the hell alone lmao. I still enjoy many solitary activities like listening to music or long walks.

Likewise, I know introverts who love their alone time but ARE popular and the life of the party. It just depends whether you recharge from alone time or social time.

Posted

I don't like how people assume if you're extroverted you're always popular and the life of the party. That's not always the case.

I consider myself extroverted since I need a lot of time around others to stay happy, but I like to keep my social circle small, with a few people I really trust. I only really like parties if I go with someone I know. And I HATE socializing with strangers in public, like if I'm on a bus or grocery store leave me the hell alone lmao. I still enjoy many solitary activities like listening to music or long walks.

Likewise, I know introverts who love their alone time but ARE popular and the life of the party. It just depends whether you recharge from alone time or social time.

With Introvert/Extravert thing, most if not all people dont fit neatly in boxes like that with most other slidimg scale concepts and such. A lot of people don't seem to know that a middle exists which is in this instance ambivert and you can fit in that, introvert, extravert and anything in between. I am mostly introverted but this is one of the reasons why I don't use labels for myself most of the time.

Posted

McDonald's is overrated, their meat tastes like paper. I only give a fuck about Mc when I have a coupon where I can have iced coffee and Bigmac for 80 cents each. 

Kfc is okay but waaay overpriced. Their meat seems fresh but I don't want to pay for a fast food meal the same price as a trip to a fine restaurant. 

Subway has too big sandwiches for my liking, maybe it's good for a guy or two girls to share it. 

Burger King is slightly better than McDonald's but nothing special. Maybe it's for me because my country is known for having very good cheap barbecue. 

Starbucks is really good, every other flavored coffee I tried even in the best cafés is either too sweet or bland, unlike Starbucks where flavors are perfectly balanced. It's very cheap in my country, you can get a tall (smallest but still a huge portion) frappuccino for like 3,5$ and a cold briew for 2,5$. People love to hate it here because it's still new, mainstream and American but have never been there. 

Posted

Instead of raising the minimum wage we should lower the cost of living.

Posted

With Introvert/Extravert thing, most if not all people dont fit neatly in boxes like that with most other slidimg scale concepts and such. A lot of people don't seem to know that a middle exists which is in this instance ambivert and you can fit in that, introvert, extravert and anything in between. I am mostly introverted but this is one of the reasons why I don't use labels for myself most of the time.

Is it me or do most people try to box and categorize everything? Black/white kind of thing going on

Posted

Mega unpopular: you dont need to be overweight to make weight loss a new years resolution.

Also making weight loss a personal goal is not fatphobic or fat shaming. You're just insecure and triggered by seeing others actually start taking care of themselves.

Posted

As a waitress in the United States, if you don’t tip your server at a restaurant, don’t fucking go out to eat. If you’re visiting the United States from another country, you need to tip your server if you’re going out to eat. Anyone saying otherwise has never worked a food service job and can also go fuck themselves.

Posted

I'm not vegan or vegetarian myself, but I feel that people are really mean and not understanding toward vegans. I feel that the stereotype of vegans being bitchy, condescending, starting arguments with meat eaters, etc. is overblown. I have a lot of vegetarian/vegan friends and all of them are super chill and appreciate when I choose somewhere with good meat-free options. They have never asked me to change my own diet. I see way more meat-eaters making posts, videos, rants about vegans rather than vice versa. Yes, mean vegans exist, but I think they're far and few in between.

If you had a friend with Celiac disease, you'd choose a place that has one gluten-free option. If you had a friend with a peanut allergy, you'd choose a place where they can get a peanut-free dish. So is it really that hard to choose somewhere with at least one vegan thing? If everyone really really wants to go to a barbecue place with only meat dishes, maybe you can at least stop by a fast food place to get the vegan some french fries after?

I just feel people treat veganism with so much hatred compared to other special dietary needs, but some people even need to be vegetarian/vegan for reasons like religion or their health. From my experience, most vegans are really chill people and just care about the environment, their diet, their religion or whatever. I feel like people should get to know some nice local vegans rather than forming an opinion based on stereotypes. 

Posted

I'm not vegan or vegetarian myself, but I feel that people are really mean and not understanding toward vegans. I feel that the stereotype of vegans being bitchy, condescending, starting arguments with meat eaters, etc. is overblown. I have a lot of vegetarian/vegan friends and all of them are super chill and appreciate when I choose somewhere with good meat-free options. They have never asked me to change my own diet. I see way more meat-eaters making posts, videos, rants about vegans rather than vice versa. Yes, mean vegans exist, but I think they're far and few in between.

If you had a friend with Celiac disease, you'd choose a place that has one gluten-free option. If you had a friend with a peanut allergy, you'd choose a place where they can get a peanut-free dish. So is it really that hard to choose somewhere with at least one vegan thing? If everyone really really wants to go to a barbecue place with only meat dishes, maybe you can at least stop by a fast food place to get the vegan some french fries after?

I just feel people treat veganism with so much hatred compared to other special dietary needs, but some people even need to be vegetarian/vegan for reasons like religion or their health. From my experience, most vegans are really chill people and just care about the environment, their diet, their religion or whatever. I feel like people should get to know some nice local vegans rather than forming an opinion based on stereotypes. 

From my personal experience with vegans they think farmers could take care of the animals for fun and not get anything from it...life doesn't work like that

Posted

i always convince myself i'm an introvert before even when ik there is ambivert but i realize i'm in the middle and that i'm really an ambivert but i lean more towards introversion. i feel like i'm always in the middle just like i'm an agnostic and that is the middle between an athiest and thiest.

Posted

I don't want to offend anyone with this, but why do 'Comming out' videos on YouTube need to be so dramatic. For example Jessie Paege and that Asian guy from Buzzfeed. I thinkiit's completely okay to come out to their friends and family, but why to millions of people you don't know? Can't they just start dating someone the same sex and people will realize or casually say they're [lgbt+] if a fan asks them. But how can you miss tha chance to get millions of views since those videos are usually the most watched on their channel?

Posted

Those "hold my" memes are so fucking annoying. Why do people feel the need to make 1,000 variations of this meme on the same video.

Posted

It's so dumb to judge an artist's whole carreer and music based on their singles. Of course their singles are going to be the most attractive songs for the general public, they'll be catchy, superficial and basic so they can be really popular for at least a few weeks and people will want more. Even singers will admit that singles are not their best songs, but they're easy to the ear so they release those first. 

It's simple, you should hear their whole record to actually have an opinion on their music, but I barely see people doing that. 

Take a look at Dua Lipa, her singles are so catchy they can easily be annoying and many accuse her of being "boring" but the rest of her songs, are really good in every aspect. Now she released "Don't Start Now" and "Future Nostalgia", the latter is not a single and it's really good as well, even better than DSN.

Posted

I didn't have a problem with vegans, then I used tumblr and they were all really militant about veganism. Everyone eating meat was basically pure evil, they spread misinformation (such as taking honey from bees hurts the bees), invading others about it saying they cried from seeing someone eat meat... it just got too much and I ended up resenting those people a bit. It's not actual vegans that are bad, it's just the online culture of it that is. (same is true for most things tho)