• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9191 posts in this topic

Posted

Sweet but psycho is a bad song.

Posted

I hate astrology. I hate elemental signs or w.e. It's all fake and stupid. I get it's fun to read about but it's not something to actually believe in. Yet ppl do. It's a gimmick and you will sound like a fucking tool to me if you blame your behavior on your star sign. I hear a lot of people use it to back up their shitty traits, for friendships/dating and for explaining ppls' habits. That's ...literally just generalizing people and yourself but disguised to look obscure spiritual mysterious and unique. It's all vague intangible shit for a reason because it's not REAL

If you believe in astrology then like fine. But at least avoid telling me the reason why I do something is because I'm an air sign or some shit, like the things I do tend to have legitimate reasons behind them OR I just have a personality of my own, thanks for rendering me to an archetype comprised of characteristics that literally everybody in the world has. Unlike you I firmly believe the stars and elements dgaf about us

I suffered the loss of a pet I had since childhood last year and while it hurt, I had a chem final to study for so I mustered through it and gave myself plenty of time to grieve after. My sister said I stifled my emotions because I'm a Libra and "we tend to do that" jesus fuck shut up no it's because I was barely passing that class and had to give it my all to finish it is that so hard to believe that you have to blame it on THAT

Also apparently the reason why I like mountains and rock climbing so much is because I'm an air sign.

Posted

Dark chocolate is gross. 

Posted

Ron Weasley is just hated cause he is the most normal kid in Harry Potter, change my mind. 

Ron Weasley from the books is the same as the one in the movies ?, I've seen all the Harry Potter movies, but I've never read the books.

From my point of view he in the movies is an annoying character, although I also believe the public's distaste may be due to the fact that in the end he is the one who has a relationship with Hermione and not Harry.

Posted

Kelly is a better singer than Beyonce

Beyonce voice isn't all that I know at least 5+ people who sound like Beyonce if not better

Posted

Ron Weasley from the books is the same as the one in the movies ?, I've seen all the Harry Potter movies, but I've never read the books.

From my point of view he in the movies is an annoying character, although I also believe the public's distaste may be due to the fact that in the end he is the one who has a relationship with Hermione and not Harry.

In the movies they gave out a lot of his moments to Hermione tbh

Posted

I hate astrology. I hate elemental signs or w.e. It's all fake and stupid. I get it's fun to read about but it's not something to actually believe in. Yet ppl do. It's a gimmick and you will sound like a fucking tool to me if you blame your behavior on your star sign. I hear a lot of people use it to back up their shitty traits, for friendships/dating and for explaining ppls' habits. That's ...literally just generalizing people and yourself but disguised to look obscure spiritual mysterious and unique. It's all vague intangible shit for a reason because it's not REAL

If you believe in astrology then like fine. But at least avoid telling me the reason why I do something is because I'm an air sign or some shit, like the things I do tend to have legitimate reasons behind them OR I just have a personality of my own, thanks for rendering me to an archetype comprised of characteristics that literally everybody in the world has. Unlike you I firmly believe the stars and elements dgaf about us

Hidden Content

omg I agree so much
it annoys me to no end when people say "oh it's because I'm a __" No. Just no. The stars have 0 fucking effect on anyones personality shut the fuck up. Oh and if you have the nerve to point out an inaccuracy they have some bullshit excuse like "oh that's because ___ is your sun sign, but your moon sign makes you like *this*"

it's literally like racist stereotypes but even less diverse/accurate because there's only 12 signs and I can think of way more sterotypes than 12

Posted

Oh boy, I hate how gay men and straight women use their 'iS nOt LiKe I lIkE yOu' situation to touch your boobs or ass whenever they want. If we are close like, you are my fucking sis, then sure, but if you arent then touch yourself not ME. 

Posted

Hidden Content

Current astrology is wack. Ancient Chinese and Indian astrology were based upon complex vedic mathematics and were basically a list events that had a higher chance of occurring to you.

Current astrology uses common human behaviour and branches it off randomly. A bunch of fallacies and hurried generalizations. 

Posted

Mega unpopular: If you aren't going to teach kids all they need to know about the good bad and ugly sides to things like being trans and encouraging them to do full on research etc then it doesn't need to be taught in school.

The same can be said about a lot of topics but this is a growing one and it seems no one wants to really get into it out without making it all sunshine and rainbows.

Posted

Mega unpopular: If you aren't going to teach kids all they need to know about the good bad and ugly sides to things like being trans and encouraging them to do full on research etc then it doesn't need to be taught in school.

The same can be said about a lot of topics but this is a growing one and it seems no one wants to really get into it out without making it all sunshine and rainbows.

I just saw a pic of a surgery made(?) penis the other day and I swear I cant erase that of my damn mind. Doesnt pass at all. 

Posted (edited)

a lot of people dont want to admit it but most of the conversation around trans kids can be narrowed down to “i didnt feel comfortable in boy/girl clothes, so now i’m trans because that way i can do the opposite”. 

kids arent born knowing that this is for girls and that is for boys and that they cant use this or that. thats 100% learned behavior. i don’t believe for a second that most kids that are 3-10, who basically dont know how their bodies work AT ALL, suddenly know that they are in the wrong body. especially when its been documented several times that their “feeling of being the other gender” mostly involve a lot of stereotypical hobbies. 

you cant advocate for destroying gender norms while simultaneously enforcing those same stereotypes on a much harmful way. because lets be honest: telling kids that they cant play or wear something because it “belongs” to the other gender isnt the same as convincing them that the only way they can use and wear the things they want is by taking hormones that will definitely mess up their development and subjecting their bodies to extreme body alterations 

Edited by htttps

Posted

Current astrology is wack. Ancient Chinese and Indian astrology were based upon complex vedic mathematics and were basically a list events that had a higher chance of occurring to you.

Current astrology uses common human behaviour and branches it off randomly. A bunch of fallacies and hurried generalizations. 

This. There’s hardcore astrology like that then this. Today is gimmicky fun shit for ppl who wanna be mystical but don’t wanna put forth actual effort into esoteric subject matter. It’s the easy way to be more interesting but you’re literally generalizing yourself wtf. It’s SUPPOSED to be vague and unclear in order to be relatable to everyone that’s why people fall for it so damn easily then  they’re certain they’ve been upset lately because Mercury’s in retrograde ~~~

ask everyone who says that last line what a planet has to do with them and be ready for no actual answer. 

Posted (edited)

I understand onision is a piece of shit but constantly making a video each time he does something is only giving him the attention he wants as well as material to copyright strike. 

He wants the views, he wants the attention and all we're doing is handing it to him on a silver platter. 

the only thing I'm glad about from all the attention he's been given is that somehow Chris Hansen got ahold of his exes to talk to them and onion's predation is finally coming to light. He got reported to the FBI I think. Now, if only something would be done to put him away in a jail cell, that would be nice. Gerg needs to be kept from underage girls, his partner, and his own kids.

OT: I want to see Chris Evans play more cunning, nasty characters like Ransom from Knives Out. I know he's done jerk characters in the past but most of them weren't in good films. After seeing him play a good boi like cap for so long I just wanna see him be a lil mean. Also he looks handsomer with dark hair.

Edited by poohbear

Posted (edited)

Oh boy, I hate how gay men and straight women use their 'iS nOt LiKe I lIkE yOu' situation to touch your boobs or ass whenever they want. If we are close like, you are my fucking sis, then sure, but if you arent then touch yourself not ME. 

I wish people would stop with the it’s ok i’m gay or w.e and just remember it simply as keeping your hands to yourself unless you know that person like it's not that hard to think about.

Edited by fabienne