• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7819 posts in this topic

Posted

You are allowed to wear what you want, but keep in mind that it won't always flatter you and your features/assets.

Example: low riding jeans on a women with a hourglass frame.

From my experience high-waisted jeans make me look like and egg lol. I think it's because of pronounced high hips and waspish waist and it just simply doesn't flatter not only me but a lot of other hourglass framed women as well. If another woman with an hourglass figure had an elongated waist that goes smoothly to her hips high-waisted jeans would look great on her. And generally low waist doesn't look good on most people, mid-waist is usually the best.

Hopefully I explained it well lol

Posted

People who won't stop making every possible *cute* faces when they make a makeup tutorial needs to stop. Its just so cringe and unnecessarily extra. Like this ig vid that popped up on my explore page for an example. I get that being cute is maybe her thing/brand but I just find it to be stupid and just all around cringe inducing.

Not only cute but any type of acting makes me cringe so bad. 

Posted

From my experience high-waisted jeans make me look like and egg lol. I think it's because of pronounced high hips and waspish waist and it just simply doesn't flatter not only me but a lot of other hourglass framed women as well. If another woman with an hourglass figure had an elongated waist that goes smoothly to her hips high-waisted jeans would look great on her. And generally low waist doesn't look good on most people, mid-waist is usually the best.

Hopefully I explained it well lol

They look ggoodon women with narrow hips, gives them a slender look. 

that said tho: high waisted jeans wouldn't look right on a girl whose super short (would make her look really squatty in the torso area)

Posted (edited)

really don't know where to put this think-piece but that random main guy in riverdale is a weird cast and you can tell that he was not meant to be a redhead. giving me colin farrell as alexander the great realness

That is the least cringy thing about Archie and Riverdale, just search cringe moments on yt. I completely agree, plus Archie looks 25 but plays a teen,and when he gets to play his father he has dark brown hair and it suits him much better. His eyebrows, lashes and skin are too dark for a natural redhead. They probably couldn't find a super hot ginger that can also act because gingers are very rare in general. Gingers can be also hot (google redhead male models) but they were probably too lazy to search him. 

- People who insult someone who they disagree with online aren't aware how dumb they look.

- Girls who can't post a story without a snapchat filter that plumps their lips, shrinks their nose etc. are clearly insecure. 

- Body positivity in modeling consists of not photoshoping women and not forcing them to look flawless when they're far from it irl, but being realistic. Body positivity is including healthy sizes, not extreme sizes, unless the model is naturally thin. And real women are all women, the ones who say that real women aren't skinny and tall are just jealous. By hiring a morbidly obese women (rEaL wOmEn as some say) to model is no better than hiring an anorexic Kate Moss, and we all know which is today praised and which is body shamed.

Edited by shady

Posted

I find it funny how people complain about EA yet still buy their products. Seems pretty redundant. 

Posted

That is the least cringy thing about Archie and Riverdale, just search cringe moments on yt. I completely agree, plus Archie looks 25 but plays a teen,and when he gets to play his father he has dark brown hair and it suits him much better. His eyebrows, lashes and skin are too dark for a natural redhead. They probably couldn't find a super hot ginger that can also act because gingers are very rare in general. Gingers can be also hot (google redhead male models) but they were probably too lazy to search him. 

- People who insult someone who they disagree with online aren't aware how dumb they look.

- Girls who can't post a story without a snapchat filter that plumps their lips, shrinks their nose etc. are clearly insecure. 

- Body positivity in modeling consists of not photoshoping women and not forcing them to look flawless when they're far from it irl, but being realistic. Body positivity is including healthy sizes, not extreme sizes, unless the model is naturally thin. And real women are all women, the ones who say that real women aren't skinny and tall are just jealous. By hiring a morbidly obese women (rEaL wOmEn as some say) to model is no better than hiring an anorexic Kate Moss, and we all know which is today praised and which is body shamed.

Funny thing is that body positivity was meant for people lacking limbs and such...not obese people, when I saw that they appropriated THAT movement I went like wow can anyone be more selfish than this? I dont think so.

Posted

I love Ghidorah but bitch, why did he have to do Mothra like that, Im cryinnnggg

Posted

Greta Thunberg did not deserve person of the year.

kid needs to go back to school and to stop being heralded as the next messiah. 

Posted

-Nobody hates lizzo bc shes fat. If anything she's only famous bc shes fat.

Her music is very unmemorable and nothing about it stands out. I don't want to say she can't sing...mainly bc i can't tell if she's singing, rapping or talking. She's a beautiful lady...but basic and only hyped bc shes a big women whos confident.

Posted

Hazbin Hotel looks butt ass ugly and it doesn't help with the inconsistent style.

Posted

The 'dragons' in GOT, The Hobbit and Harry Potter are not dragons, they are Wyverns, cant believe they STILL get those mixed up.

Posted

Hazbin Hotel looks butt ass ugly and it doesn't help with the inconsistent style.

Where they trying to go for the Gumball style?

Posted

I like Hazbin Hotel better than Helluva Boss, for a bunch of reasons—

1) It offers the possibility for tremendous world building and character development

2) it features an overarching storyline, which I love in a show—episodic storytelling only interests me so much, unless there’s at least a subtle overarching/continued story going on in the background I’ll eventually lose focus. Like, it’s something to watch now and then but it won’t keep me hooked as much.

3) The characters are fun, in a different way than Helluva Boss. I fell in love with a bunch of the HH characters right away, while Helluva Boss took a few reruns for me to stomach Blitzo and Loona

4) HH is more of a musical. Me gusta

5) I felt that, in spite of the issues with the HH pilot, it was more organized than HB’s pilot. It flowed more like an actual episode on TV—Helluva Boss felt jumpy, like one second we’re talking on Loona then we’re yanked back into a flashback-in-a-flashback with Blitzo banging Stolas. I’ve heard it’s a dark version of the Office, and maybe they pull similar mechanics with that show, but idk I felt HB’s organization could’ve been much better. 

6) along the overarching storyline thing, there were mysteries and unanswered questions in HH’s pilot that make me want to see more. HB is episodic in nature judging by the pilot—it’s way more comedy focused, which is fine, since I actually think some of the humor is better overall in HB than HH. But when this takes center stage, I personally don’t feel super engaged—like, I can watch two episodes of HB, put it down, and not feel like I’m missing out on something by not continuing. Hazbin leaves me wondering about Alastor, why Niffty and Vaggie are in hell, Charlie’s relationship with Lucifer, how God and Heaven play a roll...it’s just way more engrossing that way, I feel. 

7) HH isn’t comedy based. I loved the humor in HB; rewatching always makes me laugh. But I feel like the drama and stakes make Hazbin more nuanced and give it greater depth 

All that said, I get why people may prefer HB over Hazbin—some of my own friends who watched both prefer HB for all the opposite reasons I prefer HH. But I think overall on a storytelling perspective (and some animation details) HH wins out

Posted (edited)

-Nobody hates lizzo bc shes fat. If anything she's only famous bc shes fat.

Her music is very unmemorable and nothing about it stands out. I don't want to say she can't sing...mainly bc i can't tell if she's singing, rapping or talking. She's a beautiful lady...but basic and only hyped bc shes a big women whos confident.

Edit: Just saw her flashing moment on a basketball game. That chick is trashy. It shows how insecure she is all in the name of "body positivity". 

I was surprised when even Honest was offended when he was responding to an unpopular opinion like that. What the hell is wrong with Americans? She's literally nothing special and I haven't heard her on radio once, only once heard her in Bershka, a boutique that represents American instagram fashion pop culture. Women were singing about empowerment since the 60s or probably earlier. The song It's Raining Men is kinda 3rd wave feminist because it's objectifying men and sung by overweight black women, You Don't Own Me is a good female empowerment song fron the 60s and in 2010s there was Meghan Trainor (I don't like her but she was kinda "fuck beauty standards", the most similar to Lizzo), but for some reason people act like Lizzo invented empowerment though music. She can't even add any other race in her music videos and performances, this double standard that only black people or Latinos can be pro-their race. Her music therefore isn't even directed to all women, but mostly black women. 

Edited by shady