• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Unpopular opinions

9761 posts in this topic

Posted

Assuming a character is trans because they chose to do or say something that is unlike the gender ideals that exist is a reach I don’t get. It’s worst when someone is desperately trying to make a character trans because they used a pronoun that’s more male/female while completely ignore the cultural aspects of gender and sexuality. So many cultures have gender neutral names or pronouns that can be used by multiple people. Just cuz a character dresses up differently or does something out of the norm doesn’t mean they’re dealing with gender dysphoria. I get the need for representation but I don’t think forcing it on characters with unique backgrounds or from different cultures is it

Posted (edited)

The new Peloton ad isn’t sexist or offensive. People need to grow a thicker skin. Hell, if my SO knew I wanted a Peloton bike (which, as someone who loves working out but has a love/hate relationship with the gym, you bet your ass I do) and got me one, I’d be ecstatic. Working out isn’t just to get thin, it’s to build a better and healthier lifestyle, or, maybe, SHE JUST WANTED THE DAMN BIKE! Like ffs, the same ppl who claim women should have the right to do what they want with their bodies are the same ones putting down this commercial because “she’s already thin!!! It’s fat shaming!!” Or “he wants his wife to lose weight he’s forcing his ideals on her!!!” . IT👏🏻ISN’T👏🏻OFFENSIVE. Y’all are making this too deep—judging by the girl’s reaction, she was happy and excited to get the bike, so please chill and go be offended little snowflakes somewhere else

Was it a bit dumb? Yeah maybe to me it was

Was it offensive?  no.

Not everything needs to be written or marketed as gender neutral. It's not an insult to be gender specific unless of course it was meant that. And there's nothing wrong with using  gender specific or gender specific sounding terms.

I know Celien Dion has some gender netural clothing out there for kids 

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Leon did not kill Sayaka out of self defense. When Sayaka attacked him with the knife and Leon used the sword to block it, that was self defense. However Sayaka ran to the bathroom after she dropped the knife then Leon made the decision to break in and kill her. 

He could have ran away after Sayaka ran into the bathroom, he'd have plenty of time. The game even states that it was no longer self defense after he went out of his way to get the door open. 

People say in the manga version he tried to open the bathroom to talk to her, but the game is the main/original version so I go by that. 

I agree. He made the cconscious decision to open the door and kill her. He couldve went and gotten everyone else, told them what happened or waited until the next day to do that. 

in the manga, apparently she still had grabbed the knife and he was trying to calm her down which lead to her accidentally being stabbed, makes no sense to me since in the game he just flat out killed her.

Also: maybe I'm desensitized but i don't view his death as the most brutal in the series? Never did, yeah it was pretty intense...but compared to danganronpa v3 (idk if you've played it yet) where even the deaths are waaaaaay more gorey...its...eh.

Posted (edited)

I know Celien Dion has some gender netural clothing out there for kids the

Hidden Content

Take a shot everytime you read 'gender' 😂. 

What a sick and a dumb gimmick for woke parents. Parents need to lead their children to live a healthy life and know what gender they are, but also they shouldn't ban them for liking things that don't align with their gender. I just checked the collection and it looks like any other fast fashion children's clothing line but it's sold for like 300$ per item. And you can still tell if a particular clothing item can pass as girls' or boys'. Clothes are more gender netural than ever before, many times I've seen usually in men's section hoodies, socks and t-shirts that can be worn by girls, compared to the past where girls only had to wear skirts. So this wasn't gender neutral because you could find pink tutu skirts and dark things with skulls, which is very gender specific looking. Sad world we're becoming where people think that genders being different is actually bad. Both genders are beautiful and special in their own way. Oh yeah, and there are two genders. People who raise their kids non binary is abuse. 

Edited by shady

Posted

I agree. He made the cconscious decision to open the door and kill her. He couldve went and gotten everyone else, told them what happened or waited until the next day to do that. 

in the manga, apparently she still had grabbed the knife and he was trying to calm her down which lead to her accidentally being stabbed, makes no sense to me since in the game he just flat out killed her.

Also: maybe I'm desensitized but i don't view his death as the most brutal in the series? Never did, yeah it was pretty intense...but compared to danganronpa v3 (idk if you've played it yet) where even the deaths are waaaaaay more gorey...its...eh.

I reread volume one and a bit after Leon was found guilty and was trying to say it was self defense he says something like "You think I shoulda just let the crazy bitch kill me instead?" That sounds like the words of someone who wants to get away from/get rid of something as soon as possible. Given that the thought of him wanting to go after Sayaka to calm her down doesn't make much sense. 

As for his execution, it's actually one of my favorites. I agree though that v3's executions are way more brutal, but for the first game I'd say 1,000 blows was pretty painful. I might be a bit biased here cause aside from After School Lesson I found the other executions in v1 to be more cartoony. 

Posted (edited)

Take a shot everytime you read 'gender' 😂. 

What a sick and a dumb gimmick for woke parents. Parents need to lead their children to live a healthy life and know what gender they are, but also they shouldn't ban them for liking things that don't align with their gender. I just checked the collection and it looks like any other fast fashion children's clothing line but it's sold for like 300$ per item. And you can still tell if a particular clothing item can pass as girls' or boys'. Clothes are more gender netural than ever before, many times I've seen usually in men's section hoodies, socks and t-shirts that can be worn by girls, compared to the past where girls only had to wear skirts. So this wasn't gender neutral because you could find pink tutu skirts and dark things with skulls, which is very gender specific looking. Sad world we're becoming where people think that genders being different is actually bad. Both genders are beautiful and special in their own way. Oh yeah, and there are two genders. People who raise their kids non binary is abuse. 

I think theres a binary between what people consider masculine or feminine traits in society but not with gender. There are only two. The other supposed genders are dependent on how one sees feels about their masculinity, femininity or both. I dont see how that means there are seperate genders independent from male and female? It makes me feel like some people think if you don't feel you are masculine and/or feminine enough, you have to be another gender.

Edited by VioletRhapsody

Posted

I reread volume one and a bit after Leon was found guilty and was trying to say it was self defense he says something like "You think I shoulda just let the crazy bitch kill me instead?" That sounds like the words of someone who wants to get away from/get rid of something as soon as possible. Given that the thought of him wanting to go after Sayaka to calm her down doesn't make much sense. 

As for his execution, it's actually one of my favorites. I agree though that v3's executions are way more brutal, but for the first game I'd say 1,000 blows was pretty painful. I might be a bit biased here cause aside from After School Lesson I found the other executions in v1 to be more cartoony. 

Where can you read the manga? I only saw scans of it on tumblr pages but never the full thing. 

It was the best for the first 2 games, since the others were a bit too comical and unrealistic imo. Even the unused excecutions except for sayaka's were cartoony. His was pretty painful and if you saw the uncensored pic of his body (not sure why anyone would want to tbh) its pretty cringe worthy but not nightmare endusing. Its actually pretty sad but i don't feel bad bc he had a choice and he chose to kill her.

I liked sayaka a little tho, she was cute and i thought her intution bit was a interesting trait. Wish we couldve saw more of her. But i will say yasuhiro (the fortune teller guy) was the least interesting character and I'm shocked he even survived.

Posted

Eggnog is one of the worst drinks.

Posted

Fatal Frame is better than Silent Hill

There, I said it.

Posted (edited)

I am glad that Pokemon Sword and Shield has way less pokemon and not all of the older ones made it. Yeah Game Freak could have been clearer on their  real intentions or whatever but there are too many goddamn  pokemon and even though catching them all used to be one of the franchise's mantras, I am glad they are slowly experimenting with doing things different instead of following the same formula to the letter. I honestly hope there will be no new Pokemon after this gen and if I want to play with the Pokemon I like that didn't make it in the game, I can always play any of the older games I have.

Edited by VioletRhapsody

Posted (edited)

Where can you read the manga? I only saw scans of it on tumblr pages but never the full thing. 

It was the best for the first 2 games, since the others were a bit too comical and unrealistic imo. Even the unused excecutions except for sayaka's were cartoony. His was pretty painful and if you saw the uncensored pic of his body (not sure why anyone would want to tbh) its pretty cringe worthy but not nightmare endusing. Its actually pretty sad but i don't feel bad bc he had a choice and he chose to kill her.

I liked sayaka a little tho, she was cute and i thought her intution bit was a interesting trait. Wish we couldve saw more of her. But i will say yasuhiro (the fortune teller guy) was the least interesting character and I'm shocked he even survived.

I bought volumes 1 and 2 at Barnes & Noble. 

It's surprising to see someone actually like Sayaka considering everyone in the fandom hates her. They hate her for trying to frame Makoto but praise Kirigiri despite the fact that she did the same thing. I don't hate them though(like them both actually). It's clear they both regretted doing it(Kyoko following Makoto into the trash shoot and bringing him food and water, Sayaka writing Leon's name on the wall). 

I wished Yasuhiro died tbh. He served no purpose except for hinting at the bad ending, and was just a joke character. I was indifferent to him at first but after he attacked Sakura for no reason I wanted him to go.

On an unrelated note, I find it weird when people give Byakuya flack for being a dick to Toko. Granted he's a dick to everyone, but dude's got a legitimate reason to hate her. Imagine being locked in with someone who can turn into a serial killer, that kills any boy she likes, from a sneeze. Ignoring the serial killer part, her real self stalks him and makes lewd and disgusting comments about him when he makes it clear he's not interested and wants nothing to do with her. Seriously do that to someone who doesn't like you in real life and you'll probably get the cops called on you. 

I also miss Celeste. I feel like the game did her so dirty and made her way too easy. She was the Queen of Liars yet they made her lies so obvious. She was one of the few smart characters who actually forms her own opinion on something. 

Edited by Antsu

Posted

it's kinda annoying seeing people push it in your face that taylor swift is Indeed Bisexual, but i'm not buying it.

i don't think she's bi and the you need to calm down video is just queerbaiting. 

this is me speaking as a bisexual.

Posted

it's kinda annoying seeing people push it in your face that taylor swift is Indeed Bisexual, but i'm not buying it.

i don't think she's bi and the you need to calm down video is just queerbaiting. 

this is me speaking as a bisexual.

There were rumors between her being a lesbian a year or so back with Karlie Kloss I believe?

Posted (edited)

Eggnog is one of the worst drinks.

I’m offended eggnog is delightful xD 

Edited by Squishy Kitty