• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7816 posts in this topic

Posted

So, spoilers-

Matt was a coward and basically dated Will for interest, he knew all along they wrñere the guardians, he is a wizard and was afraid of them, basically an spy.

Taranee was left as a douche, leaving her friends and boyfriend on the side for her dancing classes, specially with her boyfriend, who got mad at his own brother because she was hurt by a joke, blahblahblah, just for her to break up with him after he asked if she wasnt going to make a little time for him lol.

Caleb and Cornelia broke up because of a fucking POLL that Disney made, when since the beginning they were made like the real love couple, dreaming about each other before even meeting and all that, also made Caleb a douche (not liking Cornelia when she was not transformed and that being the reason to break up, when he did, in fact, see her untransformed before and still liked her, guess they didnt even remember that) and Elion like the worst friend ever cause she started to date him as well. 

Wow now I'm glad I didn't spend money on the comics. What's up with the bad character development and inconsistencies in their personality. Especially Caleb? Thats so ooc of him ngl cause almost every book we're reminded by how their love was the grandest love story and they'll eventually get together but instead he ended up with ELYON?? This shit wack

Posted

Wow now I'm glad I didn't spend money on the comics. What's up with the bad character development and inconsistencies in their personality. Especially Caleb? Thats so ooc of him ngl cause almost every book we're reminded by how their love was the grandest love story and they'll eventually get together but instead he ended up with ELYON?? This shit wack

Yeah, I felt the same! They made him a douche, kinda wish Disney+ will make a show to correct that crap 😢 give me my Caeb back

Posted (edited)

I'm excited about The Pussycat Dolls uniting but at the same time I assume their music will be modern generic pop influenced by trap. At least I hope that the other members will have their spotlight this time.

Edit: Just watched their performance on The X Factor, Nicole was the only one holding the mic. I think she's talented and beautiful but goddammit if I were other members I would be like: "Bitch your solo career was a flop and the group was a success, so that means that we should work together". Melody didn't unite probably because of this, she didn't want to make the same mistake. 

Edited by shady

Posted

Dog people are honestly more annoying than cat people.

Posted

both can be equally annoying in their own different ways.

Posted

a CaT mUrDeReD mY fAmIlY!!!! cats are evil!!!1

Posted (edited)

I'm sick and tired of endless threads of people discussing privilege,whether that be on twitter,reddit or platforms like youtube etc.and judging others for it,lecturing them on how they should be living their lives and what causes they should be supporting because of it.

People don't get to choose which privileges they are born with and there is ALWAYS something each and every one of us could be more grateful for.No matter what skin color,ethnicity,social class,age etc. EVERYONE has some sort of privilege over someone else and there will always be people who have more or less of it than oneself.Being born into this world is a privilege in itself too and (not to get too deep here) life in itself is precious and it's fleeting.Everything you've achieved from birth till now,over decades, could be erased within a matter of a few seconds and how many people were already embryos or in their final stages of development but didn't get the chance to see the light of day in the end?

Sure,it's a good thing to remind people who have certain privileges that they could stand up for those who aren't granted such things (simply because many people aren't even aware of them),but to scrutinize them and act holier than thou is ridiculous and childish.

I can't deal with these fake SJW's telling someone else they should be grateful for having xyz privilege when they themselves have privileges such as being able to freely voice their opinion on the internet.They could be investing their time in supporting more important causes instead of arguing all day on the internet too.

Edited by lizardqueen

Posted (edited)

The new Peloton ad isn’t sexist or offensive. People need to grow a thicker skin. Hell, if my SO knew I wanted a Peloton bike (which, as someone who loves working out but has a love/hate relationship with the gym, you bet your ass I do) and got me one, I’d be ecstatic. Working out isn’t just to get thin, it’s to build a better and healthier lifestyle, or, maybe, SHE JUST WANTED THE DAMN BIKE! Like ffs, the same ppl who claim women should have the right to do what they want with their bodies are the same ones putting down this commercial because “she’s already thin!!! It’s fat shaming!!” Or “he wants his wife to lose weight he’s forcing his ideals on her!!!” . IT👏🏻ISN’T👏🏻OFFENSIVE. Y’all are making this too deep—judging by the girl’s reaction, she was happy and excited to get the bike, so please chill and go be offended little snowflakes somewhere else

Edited by Squishy Kitty
My brain forgets words at 2 in the morning

Posted

Leon did not kill Sayaka out of self defense. When Sayaka attacked him with the knife and Leon used the sword to block it, that was self defense. However Sayaka ran to the bathroom after she dropped the knife then Leon made the decision to break in and kill her. 

He could have ran away after Sayaka ran into the bathroom, he'd have plenty of time. The game even states that it was no longer self defense after he went out of his way to get the door open. 

People say in the manga version he tried to open the bathroom to talk to her, but the game is the main/original version so I go by that. 

Posted

Assuming a character is trans because they chose to do or say something that is unlike the gender ideals that exist is a reach I don’t get. It’s worst when someone is desperately trying to make a character trans because they used a pronoun that’s more male/female while completely ignore the cultural aspects of gender and sexuality. So many cultures have gender neutral names or pronouns that can be used by multiple people. Just cuz a character dresses up differently or does something out of the norm doesn’t mean they’re dealing with gender dysphoria. I get the need for representation but I don’t think forcing it on characters with unique backgrounds or from different cultures is it

Posted (edited)

The new Peloton ad isn’t sexist or offensive. People need to grow a thicker skin. Hell, if my SO knew I wanted a Peloton bike (which, as someone who loves working out but has a love/hate relationship with the gym, you bet your ass I do) and got me one, I’d be ecstatic. Working out isn’t just to get thin, it’s to build a better and healthier lifestyle, or, maybe, SHE JUST WANTED THE DAMN BIKE! Like ffs, the same ppl who claim women should have the right to do what they want with their bodies are the same ones putting down this commercial because “she’s already thin!!! It’s fat shaming!!” Or “he wants his wife to lose weight he’s forcing his ideals on her!!!” . IT👏🏻ISN’T👏🏻OFFENSIVE. Y’all are making this too deep—judging by the girl’s reaction, she was happy and excited to get the bike, so please chill and go be offended little snowflakes somewhere else

Was it a bit dumb? Yeah maybe to me it was

Was it offensive?  no.

Not everything needs to be written or marketed as gender neutral. It's not an insult to be gender specific unless of course it was meant that. And there's nothing wrong with using  gender specific or gender specific sounding terms.

I know Celien Dion has some gender netural clothing out there for kids 

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Leon did not kill Sayaka out of self defense. When Sayaka attacked him with the knife and Leon used the sword to block it, that was self defense. However Sayaka ran to the bathroom after she dropped the knife then Leon made the decision to break in and kill her. 

He could have ran away after Sayaka ran into the bathroom, he'd have plenty of time. The game even states that it was no longer self defense after he went out of his way to get the door open. 

People say in the manga version he tried to open the bathroom to talk to her, but the game is the main/original version so I go by that. 

I agree. He made the cconscious decision to open the door and kill her. He couldve went and gotten everyone else, told them what happened or waited until the next day to do that. 

in the manga, apparently she still had grabbed the knife and he was trying to calm her down which lead to her accidentally being stabbed, makes no sense to me since in the game he just flat out killed her.

Also: maybe I'm desensitized but i don't view his death as the most brutal in the series? Never did, yeah it was pretty intense...but compared to danganronpa v3 (idk if you've played it yet) where even the deaths are waaaaaay more gorey...its...eh.

Posted (edited)

I know Celien Dion has some gender netural clothing out there for kids the

Hidden Content

Take a shot everytime you read 'gender' 😂. 

What a sick and a dumb gimmick for woke parents. Parents need to lead their children to live a healthy life and know what gender they are, but also they shouldn't ban them for liking things that don't align with their gender. I just checked the collection and it looks like any other fast fashion children's clothing line but it's sold for like 300$ per item. And you can still tell if a particular clothing item can pass as girls' or boys'. Clothes are more gender netural than ever before, many times I've seen usually in men's section hoodies, socks and t-shirts that can be worn by girls, compared to the past where girls only had to wear skirts. So this wasn't gender neutral because you could find pink tutu skirts and dark things with skulls, which is very gender specific looking. Sad world we're becoming where people think that genders being different is actually bad. Both genders are beautiful and special in their own way. Oh yeah, and there are two genders. People who raise their kids non binary is abuse. 

Edited by shady

Posted

I agree. He made the cconscious decision to open the door and kill her. He couldve went and gotten everyone else, told them what happened or waited until the next day to do that. 

in the manga, apparently she still had grabbed the knife and he was trying to calm her down which lead to her accidentally being stabbed, makes no sense to me since in the game he just flat out killed her.

Also: maybe I'm desensitized but i don't view his death as the most brutal in the series? Never did, yeah it was pretty intense...but compared to danganronpa v3 (idk if you've played it yet) where even the deaths are waaaaaay more gorey...its...eh.

I reread volume one and a bit after Leon was found guilty and was trying to say it was self defense he says something like "You think I shoulda just let the crazy bitch kill me instead?" That sounds like the words of someone who wants to get away from/get rid of something as soon as possible. Given that the thought of him wanting to go after Sayaka to calm her down doesn't make much sense. 

As for his execution, it's actually one of my favorites. I agree though that v3's executions are way more brutal, but for the first game I'd say 1,000 blows was pretty painful. I might be a bit biased here cause aside from After School Lesson I found the other executions in v1 to be more cartoony.