• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7816 posts in this topic

Posted

Reddit is good and all until you realise how many alt-right incels there are on there.

Posted

Reddit is good and all until you realise how many alt-right incels there are on there.

Where did you find them? I expected them when I first made it but the amount of sjw I saw on politically neutral subs like r/thathappened is crazy. Once were literally hundreds of people (the majority) downvoting and saying 'ok boomer', calling people bigoted, transphobic who dared to say that there are two genders, that you can't change your sex completely bc DNA and that girls have vaginas and boys have penises. Once a couple of black girls attacked me and about 100 downvoted me because I said that there isn't anything wrong with touching someone's hair if you don't ask for permission first. One compared that to rape and how bigots (men) get away with it. I lost a good amount of braincells in those times. 

Posted (edited)

While I agree in many contexts 'it's the parent's fault', I believe at some point, the child becomes a young adult who can begin to start shedding the shitty values of their parents. Case: Someone I know had some 18-19-year-old college kids sassing her at her fast food joint. Saying shit about her wage and why can't she find a better job? Why couldn't she be like THEM and go to SCHOOL? I said they were acting like shitheads and she said: ":(:(:( Well their parents raised them that way." I was gonna say but didn't 'Look, their parents might have raised them with those values, but they are adults now and now it's their responsibility to not act like total shitheads.' 

Edited by AudreyLah
Typos

Posted

Tumblr is the worst place to look for ship content. 90% of ship content is just stupid fanfic/imagine your otp memes(also mixed in with a bunch of ships you don't care about) and only 10% is actual content like art and fics. 

Posted

This is a lil off topic to your point but um there is absolutely something wrong with touching someone's hair without asking for permission first... that's invading their personal space? 

" I said that there isn't anything wrong with touching someone's hair if you don't ask for permission first." 

But I said that you should ask for permission first, not touch it whenever you want, I think I literally translated from my native language using our weird negation. This happened on Reddit too, people ignored that part too for some reason although I wrote it in a different way. Some people love having their hair touched and some don't, so asking if you can touch it is the most polite way. 

Posted

Being LGBT isn't a cause for celebration. The point of parades is so that people of different sexuality earn the same rights as cis and heterosexuals. Once they've gone way past that point, it allows a whole slew of degenerates entering the scene, reversing the work past LGBT community has done.

Posted

I fucking hate soda and any kind of sparkly drinks

Posted

The ignorance about whites surronding Americans online is giving me headaches, the moment a white can get tanned (like mediterraneans) they stop being white. Thats literally the same Koreans do with SEA, if you tan you dont belong there. Same shit. I cant with this nonsense. Also most Latin Americans are mixed (native and white), so I dont get the part of them trying to make a whole separate race for them? Dunno, Americans man lol

Posted

Being LGBT isn't a cause for celebration. The point of parades is so that people of different sexuality earn the same rights as cis and heterosexuals. Once they've gone way past that point, it allows a whole slew of degenerates entering the scene, reversing the work past LGBT community has done.

Yes, I have the same opinion. My friend waited for long to come out, then she did at the "right time", because few years ago it was relative fine for the LGBT community, it was on a good way, then the radicalized LGBT entered the scene and now the whole community gets to be hated again. Now she sadly wishes she never did come out, because she does not like being associated with the radical part of the community.  

Posted (edited)

The ignorance about whites surronding Americans online is giving me headaches, the moment a white can get tanned (like mediterraneans) they stop being white. Thats literally the same Koreans do with SEA, if you tan you dont belong there. Same shit. I cant with this nonsense. Also most Latin Americans are mixed (native and white), so I dont get the part of them trying to make a whole separate race for them? Dunno, Americans man lol

Do you mind explaining a bit more as in this is a thing in homogeneous white countries? because as someone who is tanned and poc I've never been mistaken for a tanned white person. And in the winter when I'm as light as I'm gonna get, I don't turn white in anyone else's eyes. As for white ppl, I'm not sure, ICE isn't accidentally going on raids at high schools arresting summer tanned white teenagers, mistaking them for undocumented Latinos. 

Edited by AudreyLah

Posted

Lily Singh isn't funny.

Posted

the older gays and lesbians that fought for our rights would be so disappointed in the community. I almost wish I lived before the 2000’s even though I’d have no rights, because we’re allowing so much bigotry into the community. It’s embarrassing 

Posted

Do you mind explaining a bit more as in this is a thing in homogeneous white countries? because as someone who is tanned and poc I've never been mistaken for a tanned white person. And in the winter when I'm as light as I'm gonna get, I don't turn white in anyone else's eyes. As for white ppl, I'm not sure, ICE isn't accidentally going on raids at high schools arresting summer tanned white teenagers, mistaking them for undocumented Latinos. 

And again thinking all countries are USA, I- 

No, as I said, this is what Americans say to Mediterranean Europeans. 

Posted

Where did you find them? I expected them when I first made it but the amount of sjw I saw on politically neutral subs like r/thathappened is crazy. Once were literally hundreds of people (the majority) downvoting and saying 'ok boomer', calling people bigoted, transphobic who dared to say that there are two genders, that you can't change your sex completely bc DNA and that girls have vaginas and boys have penises. Once a couple of black girls attacked me and about 100 downvoted me because I said that there isn't anything wrong with touching someone's hair if you don't ask for permission first. One compared that to rape and how bigots (men) get away with it. I lost a good amount of braincells in those times. 

I didn't mean that all of reddit are this way. I know very well that a lot of mainstream/popular subs have many so-called SJWs, but depending on what you follow you might be surprised at how many alt-right/incels there actually are on that website. It's not 4chan level, and yeah some of these people are just edgy teenagers (ex. r/dankmemes). But the actual ones like to gather in their own subreddits for the circlejerk and often show up in random political posts to share their views.

What made me write that opinion at first was because of a subreddit called r/zoomerright, where they post memes that are just straight up racist (and the comments show that they have this belief as well). It just surprised me that these types of subreddits have so many active members as well, which lead to my first post.