• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8118 posts in this topic

Posted

To be honest I see way more hate towards cats and cat lovers than dogs and dog lovers. 1. It somehow became a trend to hate cats because they are "assholes" just because they don't jump on people and are more open about disliking a person. And I see as many people post dog pictures as people post cat pictures. 2. I voted only one of the two person down, because you can like dogs more than cats, but to act like cats are heartless and replace you etc. is simply not a true fact. 3. Cats and dogs are pretty similar and just because a cat is nice to someone else doesn't mean they replaced their owner. People would never say this about a dog. My cat literally rather wants to starve than being away from (especially) my mother. I had both dogs and cats and they are both wonderful, 4. so I don't know why people even want to shove down others throats that they prefer the one animal above the other especially when nobody asked them lol (and I don't meant it really here because this is an unpopular opinion thread but in real life and on the rest of the internet it is so extreme that people have in their bio that they love dogs/cats post, ask you what you prefer, make posts etc. It is so annoying)

1. Ok, I will explain my argument again, what I was trying to say is that cats did not evolve to "be friends" with humans and that is a fact, the first interactions between cats and humans were due to pests, humans gave them food in exchange for hunting rodents, they basically had a deal, so they were only together for the common good.

2. I don't even like dogs more than cats, if you gave me a choice between either, I would choose giraffes, because they are the most superior animal lmao.

3. No, they are not, the only ones they have in common is that they are mammals, they have four legs and fur, the cats if you left them alone they could survive, since their nature is to hunt, you have to train the dogs so they can do that, you don't have to give love to cats, although if you did some would appreciate it, dogs need attention and about the fact that cats can replace you, it's a fact, I know people who have lived it, if it is true that many will not, because they already has food in his home, a roof and other advantages, basically cats are with humans for interest.

4. I never made my comment with the aim of belittling cats, I love animals in general, the only horrible animal for me is the human jk, also congratulations to you and your great relationship with your pets, I personally would never have pets , because I do not feel comfortable taking care of another living being, besides they are a great responsibility and you have to have time (time that I do not have).

Posted

The whole cat/dog thing is funny, what I have noticed is that, if someone hate cats, pretty often (of course not always) hates introvert people as well. People who like attention, fun, etc. dislike the opposite, when others are avoiding them, or not paying enough attention to them.

Posted (edited)

The whole cat/dog thing is funny, what I have noticed is that, if someone hate cats, pretty often (of course not always) hates introvert people as well. People who like attention, fun, etc. dislike the opposite, when others are avoiding them, or not paying enough attention to them.

lol this right here! some people have built their entire personalities around loving dogs because they see themselves reflected in them, so they feel like they HAVE to dislike cats because they dont align with their personality

3. No, they are not, the only ones they have in common is that they are mammals, they have four legs and fur, the cats if you left them alone they could survive, since their nature is to hunt, you have to train the dogs so they can do that, you don't have to give love to cats, although if you did some would appreciate it, dogs need attention and about the fact that cats can replace you, it's a fact, I know people who have lived it, if it is true that many will not, because they already has food in his home, a roof and other advantages, basically cats are with humans for interest.

this is such a broad generalization and absolutely not true. if anything dogs are with humans for interest because they are unable to survive on their own. Dogs didnt naturally become pets, human took literal wolves and kept them in cages out of convenience, so dogs didnt evolve to be "human friends" voluntarily. Humans literally trained them for centuries to be that way.

and YES you do have to give love to your cats. who the hell has a pet in their house and refuses to love them???

also we're not gonna act like cats havent been interacting with humans for centuries when Egypt and its ancient culture is literally right there

Edited by htttps

Posted

a domesticated cat and a domesticated dog would struggle equally as much if you left them on their own. and vise versa, wild cats and dogs have no problem surviving in the wild. all cats and dogs have the hunting instincts in them (except maybe like,,, chihuahuas lol), after all dogs are literally wolf descendants lol.

your point about cats not needing affection makes zero sense as well. just because cats don't behave like dogs doesn't mean they're cold or have no feelings or don't want human affection. honestly everything you're saying makes it seem like you've never been around a single cat in your entire life lol. cats don't behave like dogs because they're not a dog lol, they're a different animal. even if they don't get attached to their owner they way a dog would, cats can be very affectionate and social, and most of the time have a strond bond with their owners (from what i've seen). saying that cats don't need attention or even humans in general is such a broad generalization and not even true 

Posted

I find it stupid when video game companies complain about people posting content from their game. 

Posted

The previous post about extroverted people hating cats as well as introverts reminded me of something.

I can't stand extroverts who hate introverts and vice versa, they're equally toxic. I've met extroverts who hate introverts bc they're 'weird' and they see them as autistic because they aren't usually obsessed with their social media, social life, reputation etc. On the other hand, it annoys me when introverts refuse to be nice with extroverts who don't share the exact same interests and opinions and think that all extroverted girls are shallow bimbos (or Stacys). Many of them have the 'not like the other girls' syndrome. I'm extroverted and I absolutely love introverts because they're more likely to be your true friend, not someone who only needs you for going out. 

Posted

I'm an extrovert with an affinity for cats and idk what kind of people you guys see to have these opinions lmao. It may just be my country but whether you're an introvert or an extrovert people generally don't care. It also doesn't matter whether you are an introvert or an extrovert because at the end of the day it just boils down to how you interact with your surroundings. I have a classmate that is an introvert and needs time to recharge by being by herself but is very popular and has many friends because she's a pleasant company and can communicate well.

The cat thing is really funny cause it's not just about one being for x and the other being for y. A cat can be very friendly and social or in my case my cat is mostly indifferent, but tends to meow at me to give her attention if she feels like it lol. Yesterday I cuddled with a cat that didn't want to leave my side because she clearly enjoys other's attention and wants to be scratched 24/7. It's really mostly about the upbringing imo.

Dogs from my experience were always very friendly and good companions. I don't have much to say about them other than that. I really love them too tho!

Sorry if I contradict myself in anything I'm writing this half asleep lmao

Posted

I find it stupid when video game companies complain about people posting content from their game. 

Is this about the whole thing regarding the pokemon company trying to sue discord cause of the leaks?

Posted

Ok, I got it, I fuck up with the cat thing

original_(44).thumb.jpg.47e9bff11256b62b

Anyway, here are my "unpopular opinions":

1. Avengers Endgame is overrated.

2. I find no sense in the argument of the people who say that Halle Bailey was chosen for her vocal talent, I mean, Arial is mute the great part of the film.

3. Internet culture has promoted the idea of self love and acceptance to the point of lying to yourself.

4. Reddit is not that bad.

5. Quora people seem the most politically correct in the world of giving your opinion on the internet(? (or at least from what I have seen).

6. Wearing your shoes inside the home is unpleasant. (this is not even an unpopular opinion)

7. Someone here puts the milk before the cereal? and if someone does it, could explain to me why (until today I find no sense in doing that)

Posted

Is this about the whole thing regarding the pokemon company trying to sue discord cause of the leaks?

Nah something about otome games and stuff. 

Posted

7. Someone here puts the milk before the cereal? and if someone does it, could explain to me why (until today I find no sense in doing that)

I personally don't but I think I read about someone saying they do it so the cereal doesn't get soggy quickly? Odd but fair enough I guess 

Posted

brown noise > white noise

Posted

I am really picky about cereal textures with milk so I put a thin layer of milk in then cereal. The bottom layers immediately absorb the milk and then I can mix it to be the perfect crunchiness and not entirely soggy.

Posted

brown noise > white noise

What is a brown noise?