• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8170 posts in this topic

Posted

Just because a character is a kid or female doesn't mean that they're exempt from criticism for being written terribly. 

Posted

This reminds me of fucking jackson from hannah montanna 

Kinning an anime character is cringe.

lmao this mf was 30 trying to pass as a teenager. even as a 6 year old i could tell something was off 

Posted

Why are shows constantly casting adults in their mid 20s to play teens? Many times they don't look like teens at all, take Riverdale's boys and their juvi prison that looks like the American Wrestling League. But girls are probably more likely to drool over them than not fully developed teens. As for girls, they usually choose size 0-4 petite girls (Disney's Descendants) as if teens don't have curves and then suddenly get at 20 like Kylie Jenner. Overall, there are many genius actors who are the same age as the character. And as a preteen I was attracted to cringy JB looking teen tumblr boys, unless the standards are different today. 

I guess it depends on the show. For shows like Riverdale, there are a lot of mature themes so casting minors would definitely be a no-go...like the one where Betty was on a pole dressing scantily clad in front of grown men. If the actress was the character's actual age (16/17 I think?) then it would definitely be an issue I'm guessing. But it only reminds me how skeevy scenes like that still are.
I think it does definitely have to do with eye candy though like you said, I mean Ross Butler plays the "hot jock" Zach in 13RW that fans fawn over and his character is 17 but the actor is 29 in real life and definitely doesn't look 17 so it's just like...what--? 
Idk why they can't just show these same type of scenarios in a University setting so that the casting makes more sense, but High School Drama is where the money's at, so it seems. 

I'm still not understanding the hype surrounding Selena Gomez, especially after watching the Look At Her Now video.  

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

I'm still not understanding the hype surrounding Selena Gomez, especially after watching the Look At Her Now video.  

Exactly (for the casting thing). I don't get Americans' and Japan's obsession with high school in general. Why does every teenage drama involves so much high school and portrays high schoolers as people that do drugs, have sex with everyone at 15 on a daily basis and their behavior in general. That's mostly 1% and they're not even popular, they're treated as trash people. Everything teens do on house parties is more realistic in college, from personal experience. It kinda sets unrealistic expectations to freshmans in high school that they're a prude if they don't have sex by 18 and engage in casual sex, have crazy house parties, get wasted and blackout drunk. I just started watching Euphoria, I hope they're just criticizing society expectations on how to be popular or I'm overanalyzing lol.

I was a fan of Selena at 13 and now I realize how a shitty person she is as well as her non existent talent. An average choir singer has more talent than her and she isn't even a good performer, and is as manufactured as your typical kpop singer. Eww. 

Edited by shady

Posted

Right like who asked for another selena gomez album? Girl bye 

Posted (edited)

Cinderella 2015 sucks, not because of the story but the overall message is obnoxious, in your head and the movie is so proud of how 'traditional' it is

Ella looks like her nose and chest are always so high and I don't get how anyone can compare her to the original Disney 1950 Cinderella, they don't have the same humbleness, nor the same tone and grace

Lily James just have the spirit of snooty british girl

Edited by Kween of Moderation

Posted

The state of the gaming industry is sad i mean im not even a gamer and as a outsider i can see how fucked up it is. If it keep up theirs going to be another gaming crash like their was in the 80s

Posted (edited)

I don't like how fanfiction writers frequently post their ko-fi page stating that they wrote alot this months so if readers are inclined they can drop a Kofi to support their hobby? like you clearly stated you have a stable job and your works will stay free so don't guilt-trip ppl into paying you extra cash.

-constantly gifting ppl your work sounds like the person is trying to gain praise on each turn, then go around saying they write for themselves, like how come?

-fanfiction community can be toxic and demotivating from behind the scenes. 

-mentioning your word count is only seeking more attention and not necessarily being tired of how extended it has become.

-strangely enough, PULL's existence and community have helped me vent a lot of pent up frustration and move on afterwards. It is inherently a gossip site but the users here are much tamer and kind than other sites and I Have seen ppl support each other on rant thread. it is comforting to see you aren't alone with the privilege of anonymity 

Edited by What-hotsauce

Posted

-fanfiction community can be toxic and demotivating from behind the scenes. 

totally! i one time wrote an angst fanfic, only to be lashed on by fans and another (much more popular) writer decided to steal and translate my work from spanish into english
bitch even had a patreon and its her most viewed work...

Posted

totally! i one time wrote an angst fanfic, only to be lashed on by fans and another (much more popular) writer decided to steal and translate my work from spanish into englishbitch even had a patreon and its her most viewed work...

Cant you report that to patreon? 

Posted (edited)

Video is related 

Kanye need more help. Him marring Kim was the WORST thing  he has ever done. Yeah hes sorta calm down and gotten mental help for his bipolar disorder  but you can see that Kim's  family is ruining him in some way. The only good thing to had happen to him IS the kids other than that being around Kim, being made a outcast in the Rap community, and basically being made into a Joke in the media  was the worst thing hes done and could have done and i know hes not about to leave Kim to rebuild his rep

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

people who act like people who are undiagnosed can't have serious problems simply because they arent able to get help are annoying as fuck. anyone with two brain cells should be able to put together that people don't choose to be undiagnosed (this is coming from someone who had to wait until i moved out to see a psychiatrist)

and that's not saying that everyone who slaps the depression/ocd/adhd label on themselves is right, and there are a lot of people that don't have those illnesses, i just think it's just toxic to undermine someone else's struggles because they don't have papers.

Posted

Calling a celebrity out for lying about not getting a plastic surgery isn't body shaming. For example, Bella Hadid, her entire career is built on plastic surgery but she never admitted on it and has the audacity to lie that she eats fast food on a daily basis. When I said this, I got called out for body shaming. 

Posted

Wish people would just keep that same energy they have for og snowflakes with newer ones.

I see og snowflakes who have toned it down considerably get dragged 6 ways to sunday for minor shit but newer snowflakes can do all types of fuckery and there will be a few trying to defend and make excuses for them.

I don't agree with being overly harsh but there are those who absolutely need to be called out on shit who keep getting a slap on the wrist for whatever reason.

Also: there should be a rule where snowflakes aren't allowed to make accounts and comment in threads about them. This is a gossip forum and i don't know if many have done this but in one thread i follow one has commented at least 3 times trying to narrative shift and keep everyone from criticizing her behavior, holding her accountable and even white knight her. Doesn't sit well with me at all...