• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7440 posts in this topic

Posted

I think we (and by we I mean all the journalists who use the golden ratio) should realize that there's a difference between beautiful and having a symmetrical face. Just because someone has a symmetric face, doesn't mean they're the most beautiful and just because someone has a asymmetric face doesn't mean they can't be beautiful. Like Philip Defranco said, this was just a way to make a top 10 list of the hottest woman without it looking sexist.

Posted

I really hate it when people tell me that the reason I don't like someone is because they are more famous/prettier than me ect., Like no I just hate that bitch for being a shitty person why the fuck would I be jealous of someone who is a shitty ass person

Posted (edited)

The hate that baby boomers and millennials get is stupid. Maybe we should stop judging entire generations off of a vocal minority and see everybody as equals for once? 

Edited by Bacon

Posted (edited)

The hate that baby boomers and millennials get is stupid. Maybe we should stop judging entire generations off of a vocal minority and see everybody as equals for once? 

The whole generation classification in America is pointless. Not all baby boomers are hateful conservative assholes and not all millenials are pink/turquoise haired screeching feminists. It only exists in America and it is as accurate as zodiac signs. I love how everyone always mentions millennials since the early 2010s meanwhile gen z is in early 20s so far. Are we that irrelevant? Or we're only known as a tiktok generation lmao? 

I think we (and by we I mean all the journalists who use the golden ratio) should realize that there's a difference between beautiful and having a symmetrical face. Just because someone has a symmetric face, doesn't mean they're the most beautiful and just because someone has a asymmetric face doesn't mean they can't be beautiful. Like Philip Defranco said, this was just a way to make a top 10 list of the hottest woman without it looking sexist.

That's why I don't like those top lists in general. Beauty is very subjective and it's always the pale, blue eyed white celeb that wins and gets picked by someone obviously very biased. 

The most ridiculous is the 'most beautiful girl in the world' thing. All children are beautiful. it's either a Slavic girl or from other northern European country with blue eyes and brown/dark blonde hair. As a Slavic girl with mentioned features, it kinda unconsciously fills my confidence, but at the same time it's most likely damaging to POC. Every race is beautiful in its own way. Also, these kids are homeschooled and models from rich families whose parents are wealthy enough to make sure their child isn't exploited. Kid models are like vegan pets, they aren't the ones who chose.

Short story on child models:

I was 4,5 when my mom took me to a casting for child models on which I passed, but I had no idea what it was about, I thought it was a dance school because there was music and when I was called to walk I carried my jacket lmao and they found it funny and cute and named me after the baby mouse from Tom and Jerry. In the end I never got signed because my mom decided I need a childhood and it would require traveling since I come from a small town which requires a lot of money and time. It's probably a very similar case with the majority of child models. 

Edited by shady

Posted

Unsweet tea is better than sweet tea. I think that unsweet tea tastes good, and sweet tea is nasty.

Just because you're a minority, doesn't justify your spitefulness towards other minorities. I'm autistic and homosexual myself, and I don't like it when autistic people are being homophobic, or transphobic, or lgbt people are biphobic, or autismphobic.

Killstar isn't goth. Killstar does have some good designs (mainly tacky ones), but ever since they became vegan and rose in popularity, their quality has gone down. You can DIY some things and buy stuff from thrift stores. Also, goth is about the music mainly.

Hot Topic isn't emo. Emo is a music genre from the 80s and has many other bands that are called the "Emo revival". The emos from the 90s look like a hipster geek chic mix. It is about the music. Also, real screamo is called skramz, and most have signed with independent or indie labels.

Just because you're going to a University out of State, or an In state university with a high acceptance rate, doesn't mean you're better than me. I'm going to a Junior College because my parents can't afford 2 children going to university at once. I'm also going to plan on transferring to an international university, because I want to experience a new place.

I dislike Shane Dawson. Not as much as Onion Boy, but some things he did in the past were problematic. Now the Cat Thing was probably a joke that shouldn't have been said too seriously, but I also saw a video on him tonging a dog so... But I don't hate him. I just find him seeming like coming off as trying to be genuine. Also, he has said some mean things about Eugenia Cooney in the past. I also don't really like his stans either.

No Scotty Kilmer, not all Porches and Mercedes Benzers are all money pits. If they're taken care of properly, they can be the opposite of that. Also, just because you're a mechanic of 50+ years, doesn't mean you're immune to mistakes. I've heard of a video of compression pads that you ordered, that said "Not intended for Automobile use", but you ignored it. You said "it was just for the lawyers purposes" or something like that. No Scotty, it means it is DANGEROUS to put those on your car. Also, a 1994 Toyota Celica and a 1998 Mecury aren't good cars. In fact, they suck bollocks. Now the muscle car Mercuries are dabomb.com. Most of your videos are click baity anyways, and you said crap about Youtubers like Chrisfixit and Doug Demuro that were uncalled for.

No, not all of Asia, Oceania, Latin America, and Africa are poor. Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa, China, Japan, South Korea, Egypt, and several others hive high purchasing power parity, and are from those continents...

No, not all people that are in the normal BMI percentiles are "normal weight". Some are normal weight obese (overfat), and some have anorexic BMIs.... I do understand why you put me as "this child is overweight" yet you've put somebody that doesn't eat and has an anorexic BMI (like a BMI of a 17 ish) as "this child is a normal weight"... I'm slightly overfat and overweight, and yet I have "thin privilege!?" I'm nowhere near thin lol. 

The left right political spectrum is inaccurate and two dimensional. I'm libertarian, and the one that only includes libertarians is the political diamond. I also have gotten called derogatory names for a conservative, and a liberal by neo Nazis and  some SJW Communists ... I'm more centrist than a liberal or a conservative.

Some people who are artists can sometimes act "better than thou" mentality. There's somebody I knew that made fun of a sign's art, and I got pissed inside my brain because my friend worked at a sign factory at the time, and could've made that sign. Also, she didn't even go to the art show, because an acquaintance (or possibly friend) won the art show. My twin went to the art show because she was featured. I bet she would criticise me because she hates everybody.

Tim Horton's is better than Taco Bell, and should be more Tim Horton's than Taco Bell's. Also, Tim Horton's has good breakfast food, versus Taco Bell gives people the craps... Also it's not real Mexican.

Sorry if this is long. 

Posted

Just because Randy is the main focus of a South Park episode doesn't automatically make it a bad episode. 

Posted

- Denzel Dion is annoying and rambles too much sometimes, but I still love him.

Posted

Nose blush, fake freckles, and the Kim Possible lipstick style are all ugly makeup styles. This is the hill I will die on.

Posted

- People who use the words ‘pupper’, ‘doggo’, and other ridiculous baby talk really piss me off. 

- I used to like websites such as Reddit back in the day, but now it’s just a cesspool of entitled pricks who think they know it all, and believe they are somehow superior to other forms of social media (ie Instagram/snapchat/Twitter). I still use reddit for the smaller subs, but the rest of it is a shit hole 

Nose blush, fake freckles, and the Kim Possible lipstick style are all ugly makeup styles. This is the hill I will die on.

^ Very much agree with this. All of that bright blush rarely looks cute and sometimes gradient lip just makes them look like they’ve been punched in the mouth.

Posted

-Overlined lips and overly pointed cupids bows are ugly and highly noticable.

-Shane dawson isn't the humble and pure dude people swear that he is. I'm not refering to his past when i say this either...he just gives off a weird ass vibe.

-People who curse a lot and try to justify it...just say you have a limited vocabulary that you try to mask by using excessively vulgar language and go. 

-People don't have to blend their eyeshadow out if they don't want to. Hell i see some blended out eye looks that still look ugly. (Mainly bc it will be a mesh of colours that don't blend well to begin with)

-You don't have to full face contor to be a mua...simple/casual makeup looks are still a thing.

-Buying expensive items is pointless if you don't know how to actually wear it and make it look nice. 

-Disliking someone or something thats popular isn't always about trying to be edgy and different. People are allowed to just not like shit. Popular or not.

Posted

-People who curse a lot and try to justify it...just say you have a limited vocabulary that you try to mask by using excessively vulgar language and go. 

-People don't have to blend their eyeshadow out if they don't want to. Hell i see some blended out eye looks that still look ugly. (Mainly bc it will be a mesh of colours that don't blend well to begin with)

GOD I can't tell you how some faded eyebrows are sooo ugly, especially when people made them x2 wider than their natural color and x3 shades darker too, and try to fade it, it looks so weird but then they get this weird disgusted look when I do my eyebrows 

Also, I when grown ass people say the word heck to be TrEnDy are annoying and honestly cringe. It's different if you don't like saying Hell but if your saying heck because its "memey" and "trendy" is so annoying 

Posted

People overuse the words sociopath/psychopath way too much now and it’s annoying, especially when used to attribute someone’s bad actions to some arbitrary cause. Sometimes, and bear with me here...people do bad things simply because they're bad people. They don’t need a personality disorder to be behind it, and the assumption that they should only increases the stigma. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Posted (edited)

Having a house with a pool is unnecessary and wasteful.

Oh also, complaining about capitalism and the work conditions of Amazon workers while selling your merch that has an unknown source for it's materials and no idea about the conditions of the people making that final product, is so hypocritical. Yeah you gotta work with the system you have but there's options, you know. You could at least try to do better yourself rather than yelling at the ones doing the same thing more successfully.

Edited by product

Posted

The whole generation classification in America is pointless. Not all baby boomers are hateful conservative assholes and not all millenials are pink/turquoise haired screeching feminists. It only exists in America and it is as accurate as zodiac signs. I love how everyone always mentions millennials since the early 2010s meanwhile gen z is in early 20s so far. Are we that irrelevant? Or we're only known as a tiktok generation lmao? 

That's why I don't like those top lists in general. Beauty is very subjective and it's always the pale, blue eyed white celeb that wins and gets picked by someone obviously very biased. 

The most ridiculous is the 'most beautiful girl in the world' thing. All children are beautiful. it's either a Slavic girl or from other northern European country with blue eyes and brown/dark blonde hair. As a Slavic girl with mentioned features, it kinda unconsciously fills my confidence, but at the same time it's most likely damaging to POC. Every race is beautiful in its own way. Also, these kids are homeschooled and models from rich families whose parents are wealthy enough to make sure their child isn't exploited. Kid models are like vegan pets, they aren't the ones who chose.

Short story on child models:

I was 4,5 when my mom took me to a casting for child models on which I passed, but I had no idea what it was about, I thought it was a dance school because there was music and when I was called to walk I carried my jacket lmao and they found it funny and cute and named me after the baby mouse from Tom and Jerry. In the end I never got signed because my mom decided I need a childhood and it would require traveling since I come from a small town which requires a lot of money and time. It's probably a very similar case with the majority of child models. 

the “most beautiful child in the world” thing is honestly so disgusting like it’s really just pedo bait tbh. We’ve all seen those click bait ads of that French girl that was the most beautiful and she had some photoshoots that were really inappropriate for her age (doesn’t she have a thread here?). Plus the entertainment industry is so toxic I doubt there’s a single child model that hasn’t been abused. 

also the “most beautiful ___ in the world” is so dumb since they only count celebrities. There’s gonna be non famous people that are more beautiful but no one cares. Beauty is subjective anyway

Posted

anyways i found this comment on reddit and i agree:

those most beautiful __________ lists are pointless bec theyre not gonna search the most beautiful girls all over the world...so theyre gonna use celebrities bec its convenient.