• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Unpopular opinions

9761 posts in this topic

Posted

I know this is a gossip forum but why do people act like certain body types are impossible unless you get surgery? A petite girl can have big boobs, a skinny girl can have big hips and a big butt, non black poc can have big lips. Not everything is photoshop or the result of surgery.

Posted

I know this is a gossip forum but why do people act like certain body types are impossible unless you get surgery? A petite girl can have big boobs, a skinny girl can have big hips and a big butt, non black poc can have big lips. Not everything is photoshop or the result of surgery.

I wish this was restricted to PULL only, but the internet as a whole has been like that ever since... 2015? I want to say it is 2015, kinda when the Kardashians became more popular in my country, but I'm not entirely sure. I kinda wanted to start a Youtube channel for fashion and sewing, but it's one of the reasons that discouraged me.

Posted

It's probably going to be different for you as you're not a native speaker of French but I went to Québec to visit Canadian relatives a few years ago and I encountered no problems despite my accent obviously belonging to someone from Metropolitan France. As for you not being good at the language: as long as you're planning to stay in a major city, you will probably be able to get by. It's better to initiate conversations in French, but if you really don't know how to say something, you probably won't be confronted if you switch to English (especially if you're in Montreal which is a very bilingual city).

That being said, if you're planning to stay in the boonies or a smaller city, you're going to have to up your French game

Thank you very much! I’ll keep this in mind

Posted

From my experience living in the Bay Area and going to cons in Cali; I can’t even explain it other than how cringy they are. They think and I shit you not.. that being a weeaboo is cool (like wearing omocats weeaboo motherfucker whatever the fuck jacket). Plus Bay Area Asians are notorious for the usage of the N-word. So imagine some Filo person (using Filo as an example becus Bay Area has large population of them) wearing anime “urban fashion” (usually copy paste/stolen art) drooling over some underage character from some subpar anime throwing around the n word and bragging about their coke usage/parties they go to lmfao and most em em freal are so pretentious about their animes like omg chill... 

I mean i prob worded couldve worded it better because im mainly talking about bay area in my above statement but man.... even the non bay area ones are fucking lame and corny as shit

every time i see them on twitter i get an aneurysm 

a lot of asians think it’s ok to say the n word......

it seems that any person who is non black think it’s ok to say since they’re not white

Posted (edited)

Bitch don't act like you don't know why are girls in general afraid of them. Of course I will feel uneasy getting cat called in 10pm alone in a small street by one of them or once again alone being cat called while the migrant being in a group of five, both actually happened. In my city there are 1000 migrants, majority men and they still managed to rape a couple of girls and stab each other to death. Think about this before calling someone racist, you just sound like a NPC. Oh yeah, I see that you aren't aware that being racist to white people isn't considered racist anymore.🤡🤡🤡

seeing that you use clown emojis made me not want to read this, But since I read the last sentence;  You’re racist and you can go fuck yourself, I hope you experience REAL racism atleast once in your life for your statement because  NO FUCKING ONE is racist to whites in the west. They make  racist JOKES but NEVER had a white person been killed by a POC for being white. But guess what? The opposite happened, *cough* slavery. So shut your stupid ignorant and childish mouth up, you piece of shit. 

Edited by Selinkuebra

Posted

a lot of asians think it’s ok to say the n word......

it seems that any person who is non black think it’s ok to say since they’re not white

I was talking with a friend of mine about this (hes black) and he honestly think its annoying as shit when people say the n-word but they are Asian, Hispanic, ect. And they get a pass because they "aren't white", he thinks it doesn't matter its not a "whites are the only one who cant use it" it's a "if your not black you shouldnt use it." And it annoys him that people think it's ok

Posted

Nothing is weirder than the perception of white in the US and Europe. In Europe im a mediterranean Person, in the US im seen as white. It’s so interesting.

Posted

Nothing is weirder than the perception of white in the US and Europe. In Europe im a mediterranean Person, in the US im seen as white. It’s so interesting.

i agree

in Europe I have zero privileges because of where I come from and growing up I experienced so much xenophobia and still do now (kids always considered me ugly bcs of my south-east european features)

but an american would see me and think: oh she is white = privileged = she has no problems

Posted

I was talking with a friend of mine about this (hes black) and he honestly think its annoying as shit when people say the n-word but they are Asian, Hispanic, ect. And they get a pass because they "aren't white", he thinks it doesn't matter its not a "whites are the only one who cant use it" it's a "if your not black you shouldnt use it." And it annoys him that people think it's ok

I'm biracial (Black/Asian) and I'm on the same page with your friend. It's an ugly word with ugly roots and although many consider it a reclaimed slur there are so many more who don't understand. Non-black POC will flip their shit if they hear anyone speak a slur that's associated with their ethnic group, but want to defend themselves saying the N-word. It makes no sense to me. 

Posted (edited)

seeing that you use clown emojis made me not want to read this, But since I read the last sentence;  You’re racist and you can go fuck yourself, I hope you experience REAL racism atleast once in your life for your statement because  NO FUCKING ONE is racist to whites in the west. They make  racist JOKES but NEVER had a white person been killed by a POC for being white. But guess what? The opposite happened, *cough* slavery. So shut your stupid ignorant and childish mouth up, you piece of shit. 

I see that your triggered ass didn't bother to do any research, purely based on feelings. It's true, I haven't experienced any racism because I live in a racially homogeneous country but many people have been killed for being white, just Google it. My white Christian country had been enslaved by brown Muslims for 500 years and forced to convert to Islam for little more rights, meanwhile the other countries didn't give two shits to help us. Not to mention that the Europe consider us to be barbarians. So your image of an entire race based on a couple of colonial empires is pretty distorted. Have a nice day sis and please drop the victim mentality, it's not good for your mental health. 

Edited by shady

Posted (edited)

i agree

in Europe I have zero privileges because of where I come from and growing up I experienced so much xenophobia and still do now (kids always considered me ugly bcs of my south-east european features)

but an american would see me and think: oh she is white = privileged = she has no problems

its funny because I'm from Central europe and in America I was heavily discriminated because I was German and people still perceived me as a nazi racist, I had facility and school kids make fun of me and even call the cops on me because they thought I was a nazi just because I was a german immigrant 

Edited by Haven

Posted

Flip cup / string pull / paint pouring is not art

It's a fucking mess

Posted

I’m sorry but....when wasn’t “mediterranean” part of the white race lol 

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry but....when wasn’t “mediterranean” part of the white race lol 

yeah, Im from western europe and no one considers the mediterranean part of europe as non whites here lol. not sure if this is what he/she is trying to say though. 

but I have never in my life heard someone being reffered to as a ´´mediterranean person´´, you would raise many eyebrows if you would say I´m a mediterranean person lol.

The word mediterranean is pretty much only used in geography/climate or culinary talks.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

its funny because I'm from Central europe and in America I was heavily discriminated because I was German and people still perceived me as a nazi racist, I had facility and school kids make fun of me and even call the cops on me because they thought I was a nazi just because I was a german immigrant 

Yeah I hear that too, just because I was born and raised in the country Hitler was born! Few weeks ago. A co-worker casually explained to me: „Well, it‘s not like all Germans and Austrians are nazis, but his believes are still in your brain somewhat, since Hitlers prime time is not that long ago!“

Like WTF?!? That‘s just insulting and not true at all! Is that really what Americans think of us?!