• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8643 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Natural dried hair>>>>>>>>>blow dried hair

One gives you natural shiny curls, the other one makes your hair dry and frizzy

at least for me lol 

For me it’s the exact opposite, but I still hate to expose my hair to heat all the time! Happens only for special occasions that I‘m touching a blow dryer lol.

My unpopular opinion: electric cars are overrated! Does anybody know what the production of those batteries does to the environment? 

Edited by Gandy

Posted

10/10 want to hear more about this 

Here is a good video of how it sounds, he even swears in it (tabernak de calisse). When I first went to Quebec I was so lost because I’m not used to hearing the actual French words for things that are commonly said here. :alpacaworry:

Posted

- As a Buddhist, it offends me when vegans/vegetarians consider themselves Buddhist simply because they don’t eat meat.  That’s not how Buddhism works. 

This. I follow Theravada Buddhism and it's beyond annoying when tourists go to Thailand for Instagram photos then return pretending to be soooo enlightened and woke because they got to pet a sedated tiger or visit some temple on some mountain side. On that note, when I see people with Sak Yant tattoos I wonder if they understand / care about the importance and history of the sacred art or if they just get them for superficial reasons. It's like the equivalent of white girls wearing head dresses at dance festivals imo

Posted

Big lips only look good if you have them naturally. They are not meant for everyones face and features and more often than not, they tend to give an aged masculine look to certain faces versus the "youthful" look its supposed to give

Posted

What's the point of making someone feel bad or getting mad at someone for liking a specific holiday or time of year? (Christmas) I know a lot of people who love christmas (I love it) but there are so many people who put others down for liking it and just pushing their religious and political agenda onto people because they like it. It's so fucking annoying when people actually get mad for enjoying something like christmas spirit or just the holiday season 

Posted

What's the point of making someone feel bad or getting mad at someone for liking a specific holiday or time of year? (Christmas) I know a lot of people who love christmas (I love it) but there are so many people who put others down for liking it and just pushing their religious and political agenda onto people because they like it. It's so fucking annoying when people actually get mad for enjoying something like christmas spirit or just the holiday season 

Honestly I love it when it starts to get closer to xmas because EGG NOG lol

Big lips only look good if you have them naturally. They are not meant for everyones face and features and more often than not, they tend to give an aged masculine look to certain faces versus the "youthful" look its supposed to give

yeh almost all the time the unnatural ones look like a prolapsed anus as well but they think they’re cute and doin somethin

Posted

Gonna get my throat cut for this but yolo I guess

I think poc solidarity is bologna. It's good in theory but it doesn't get past that. I'm going to use anti blackness as an example since I'm black myself. Most other poc look down on us and darker people of their own race. When black people have a dilemma, a lot of the time other poc are nowhere to be found and we're left on our own.

Posted

Honestly I love it when it starts to get closer to xmas because EGG NOG lol

yeh almost all the time the unnatural ones look like a prolapsed anus as well but they think they’re cute and doin somethin

Pprolapsed anus 😭

but you arearen't wrong. I have big lips myself and its pretty embarrassing the lenghts most go to just to have some. (Fillers, lip plumper, overlining etc)

Posted (edited)

Gonna get my throat cut for this but yolo I guess

I think poc solidarity is bologna. It's good in theory but it doesn't get past that. I'm going to use anti blackness as an example since I'm black myself. Most other poc look down on us and darker people of their own race. When black people have a dilemma, a lot of the time other poc are nowhere to be found and we're left on our own.

I get what your saying  but i just wanna say its only like a few that would help us out (Im black as well ) and would speak out  if shit js happening in the Black community and im not talking about being Twitter warriors or the whole White savior complex people who just do it so people won't say they are racist, there are legit people who would speak out on issue effecting the black community but they are in the vocal minority and not the majority but i see where you are coming from.

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Pprolapsed anus 😭

but you arearen't wrong. I have big lips myself and its pretty embarrassing the lenghts most go to just to have some. (Fillers, lip plumper, overlining etc)

I do too, some of the botched videos I've seen of some peoples lip fillers make me hope they dont they did a good job and get it fixed asap oh gurl

Posted

I do too, some of the botched videos I've seen of some peoples lip fillers make me hope they dont they did a good job and get it fixed asap oh gurl

*Cough* Trisha Paytas *Cough*

Education is important but the way my school pushed a-levels and university was ridiculous. It was like there was only one track and if you didn't follow it you were automatically dumb. People shouldn't be ashamed for not going to university, picking apprenticeships or just going straight to work after High School.

Posted

The kombucha girl is so fucking annoying. Her whole twitter feed just screams "iM sO qUiRkY xD" type of post and it just gets on my nerve? I know shes not doing anything wrong but the fact that she got popular from one of the most unfunniest meme ever is just annoying. Why do people make stupid people famous tbh. And I'm so sick of the self depreciation humour that she posts and all posts similar to that on the internet in general. Can y'all grow up and stop with the boring ass self depreciation joke that has been overused by everyone and their mother and make some actual funny joke? Like people who make self hate their entire personality are honestly the most boring and annoying people to be around with. Oh you wanna kill yourself for the 100th time today? Congratulations. No one cares. I know some might go on and say "but its to cope with trauma!!!!" But its just so boring and not humorous in the first place so please just stop and go find other ways to cope with your trauma because I just find it to be loads of shit that 90% of those people who make those kind of joke and statements are genuinely depressed or have repressed trauma and most likely just want attention and haven't grew up from their teenage angst phase. But if you do and that "really" does help then you do you but I still cant trust most of the people who make those statement.

Posted

I know this is a gossip forum but why do people act like certain body types are impossible unless you get surgery? A petite girl can have big boobs, a skinny girl can have big hips and a big butt, non black poc can have big lips. Not everything is photoshop or the result of surgery.

Posted

I know this is a gossip forum but why do people act like certain body types are impossible unless you get surgery? A petite girl can have big boobs, a skinny girl can have big hips and a big butt, non black poc can have big lips. Not everything is photoshop or the result of surgery.

I wish this was restricted to PULL only, but the internet as a whole has been like that ever since... 2015? I want to say it is 2015, kinda when the Kardashians became more popular in my country, but I'm not entirely sure. I kinda wanted to start a Youtube channel for fashion and sewing, but it's one of the reasons that discouraged me.

Posted

It's probably going to be different for you as you're not a native speaker of French but I went to Québec to visit Canadian relatives a few years ago and I encountered no problems despite my accent obviously belonging to someone from Metropolitan France. As for you not being good at the language: as long as you're planning to stay in a major city, you will probably be able to get by. It's better to initiate conversations in French, but if you really don't know how to say something, you probably won't be confronted if you switch to English (especially if you're in Montreal which is a very bilingual city).

That being said, if you're planning to stay in the boonies or a smaller city, you're going to have to up your French game

Thank you very much! I’ll keep this in mind