• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8107 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Can confirm as a French Canadian lol I live in a city that's pretty bilingual but some people are gonna tell you to go back to your country if you speak english. 

I heard there’s parts of Quebec where English speaking is not allowed. I’ve only ever met 2 people from Quebec who were super nice but I’ve heard that they’re pretty racist over there. Although the prairie provinces aren’t much better since they’re basically the Bible Belt of Canada. But anyway in Quebec during elections they actually vote to leave Canada since they hate us but they never get enough votes to go through with it. Their license plates on the cars say “je me souviens” which means “I remember”. It’s talking about how they remember back when Canada was just the French and how the British ruined everything. So yeah they don’t really like non French people over there

tbh I want Quebec to stay with us just because I want to live in a country that’s bigger than America and we need Quebec for that lmao

I’m going to Quebec in a couple months to meet a friend and I’m scared of being confronted for having horrible French or because Im not speaking French-Canadian >•< (I can speak French but it’s mainly suited for France and not Canada) 

Anyways: 

- I don’t like how Twitter stans often talk about disliking men yet they will fetishize male kpop idols and male actors 

- Just because you’re a foreigner living in Japan doesn’t mean you are better than everyone else.

- As a Buddhist, it offends me when vegans/vegetarians consider themselves Buddhist simply because they don’t eat meat.  That’s not how Buddhism works. 

- East Asia (and maybe Southeast Asia as well) really need to change their views on mental health and beauty because they’re pretty messed up. 

- As an Asian American person, it bothers me when upper-middle class Asian Americans act as if they are being heavily oppressed even though they’re extremely wealthy and are conventionally attractive, live in predominantly Asian cities, and go to Ivy leagues like Yale or Harvard along with their parents paying tuition.

Edited by trashpedia

Posted (edited)

I’m going to Quebec in a couple months to meet a friend and I’m scared of being confronted for having horrible French or because Im not speaking French-Canadian >•< (I can speak French but it’s mainly suited for France and not Canada)

It's probably going to be different for you as you're not a native speaker of French but I went to Québec to visit Canadian relatives a few years ago and I encountered no problems despite my accent obviously belonging to someone from Metropolitan France. As for you not being good at the language: as long as you're planning to stay in a major city, you will probably be able to get by. It's better to initiate conversations in French, but if you really don't know how to say something, you probably won't be confronted if you switch to English (especially if you're in Montreal which is a very bilingual city).

That being said, if you're planning to stay in the boonies or a smaller city, you're going to have to up your French game

Edit: also, as somebody else pointed out Canadian French will probably be harder for you to understand than mainland French on average but it may vary a lot depending on which part of Québec you're in.

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

funny bc french people who are actually from france don't like french canadians at all and canadian french is vastly diffrent from European french. They don't even consider them to be french either (most french people are pretty pompous and no its not just a stereotype either LOL)

Fanfics that rely on the sexually aggressive to outright rapey but damaged and unstable playboy with the shy innocent victim who is constantly subjected to the others bs bc the "hawt sexs uwu" tropes are the oppitome of shitty writing skills. 

i learned french french and yes, i had A LOT of trouble making out the canadian french 

Posted

funny bc french people who are actually from france don't like french canadians at all and canadian french is vastly diffrent from European french. They don't even consider them to be french either (most french people are pretty pompous and no its not just a stereotype either LOL)

Fanfics that rely on the sexually aggressive to outright rapey but damaged and unstable playboy with the shy innocent victim who is constantly subjected to the others bs bc the "hawt sexs uwu" tropes are the oppitome of shitty writing skills. 

If you think French Canadian is bad, wait until you hear the beautiful French Canadian language of Chiac. It’s like French and English mashed together, it’s nicknamed “franglais” and it’s WACK. It’s the most common language where I live, and Quebec hates it.

Example: Ça c’é pretty sharp man, call-moi back!

Posted

If you think French Canadian is bad, wait until you hear the beautiful French Canadian language of Chiac. It’s like French and English mashed together, it’s nicknamed “franglais” and it’s WACK. It’s the most common language where I live, and Quebec hates it.

Example: Ça c’é pretty sharp man, call-moi back!

10/10 want to hear more about this 

Posted

South East Asian weeabs are the worst lmfao

Posted

Can you elaborate cuz now im curious

Posted

I hate to say it but i agree, I also think Spanish speaking kboos/weebs are pretty horrid too

Posted

Can you elaborate cuz now im curious

From my experience living in the Bay Area and going to cons in Cali; I can’t even explain it other than how cringy they are. They think and I shit you not.. that being a weeaboo is cool (like wearing omocats weeaboo motherfucker whatever the fuck jacket). Plus Bay Area Asians are notorious for the usage of the N-word. So imagine some Filo person (using Filo as an example becus Bay Area has large population of them) wearing anime “urban fashion” (usually copy paste/stolen art) drooling over some underage character from some subpar anime throwing around the n word and bragging about their coke usage/parties they go to lmfao and most em em freal are so pretentious about their animes like omg chill... 

I mean i prob worded couldve worded it better because im mainly talking about bay area in my above statement but man.... even the non bay area ones are fucking lame and corny as shit

every time i see them on twitter i get an aneurysm 

Posted

From my experience living in the Bay Area and going to cons in Cali; I can’t even explain it other than how cringy they are. They think and I shit you not.. that being a weeaboo is cool (like wearing omocats weeaboo motherfucker whatever the fuck jacket). Plus Bay Area Asians are notorious for the usage of the N-word. So imagine some Filo person (using Filo as an example becus Bay Area has large population of them) wearing anime “urban fashion” (usually copy paste/stolen art) drooling over some underage character from some subpar anime throwing around the n word and bragging about their coke usage/parties they go to lmfao and most em em freal are so pretentious about their animes like omg chill... 

I mean i prob worded couldve worded it better because im mainly talking about bay area in my above statement but man.... even the non bay area ones are fucking lame and corny as shit

every time i see them on twitter i get an aneurysm 

That is like the weirdest flex for them to have tbh

Posted

I don't understand Antinatalists, it's ironic for them to even live if they think giving birth is morally bad because the baby can't give consent. What a sad life you have to have. Also, people have the right to chose if they don't want to have kids, but I don't understand the ones that claim they don't want to have because the world is horrible, full of war, disasters, diseases, evil etc. If you see the world only through those eyes then you must lead a very sad and depressing life. Just because you are a pessimist or a nihilist doesn't make you special and smarter. The world has never been more peaceful and accepting in history, it will never be perfect, but even if it were, these people would still find a reason to complain. 

Then there are people like me. Those who don't want kids because we don't like them, lmao!

Posted (edited)

I’m not a big fan of the whole small face, big eyes, botched tiny nose (looking like a fucking who) and bratz lips look lol it’s not aesthetically pleasing to me

Edited by cheesecake

Posted

Just because you’re a foreigner living in Japan doesn’t mean you are better than everyone else.

take notes, brianna

Posted

Weeabs in general are pretty cringy imo.

Posted

Natural dried hair>>>>>>>>>blow dried hair

One gives you natural shiny curls, the other one makes your hair dry and frizzy

at least for me lol