• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7412 posts in this topic

Posted

- I wish there was some kind of laws that protects 18 and 19 years olds from borderline pedophiles, they’re still technically teenagers and most likely have the same mindset as their high school self.

- Idc that 18-19 year olds are viewed as adults by law, but if you are in your late 20’s and up sexually attracted to them, you’re a damn creep and are very lucky you have the law on your side. Those type of people at usually the ones who will wait for a minor to turn 18 to prey on them. 

Posted

Being a mom isn’t a personality trait.

I get it you’re a mom you have no time for this and that. But I feel like some moms use it as a ploy to act entitled and flaky about certain things.

Posted

- I wish there was some kind of laws that protects 18 and 19 years olds from borderline pedophiles, they’re still technically teenagers and most likely have the same mindset as their high school self.

- Idc that 18-19 year olds are viewed as adults by law, but if you are in your late 20’s and up sexually attracted to them, you’re a damn creep and are very lucky you have the law on your side. Those type of people at usually the ones who will wait for a minor to turn 18 to prey on them. 

This. I hate that you're suddenly an adult after 18 and get to make such big decisions, can own an apartment, go to court etc. I own an apartment and I wouldn't be able to do anything without my parents, and they're the ones that did all the work. In my country you graduate high school at 19, where is the logic there? I think it would be better if you're legal at 20/21 and be able to own huge things at 23-25 because your brain finishes developing at 25. Also age for dating someone much older than you should be set maybe to 20. I don't understand girls my age who date 29 year olds, it's clear they started aging like loosing hair, first wrinkles and that's a no no for me at the moment, plus they're usually immature and act like someone in early 20s. Being an adult at 18 is only good for rebellious teens who can't wait to find a reason not to listen to their parents. 

Posted

People should stop bragging about living alone, if they parents pay everything or even just a part of it. You are not independent, if your parents still pay for you. I just started going to college and everyone who lives alone just thinks about how independent and mature they are and that everyone is jealous of them... like no, if I would be in your place I wouldn't call myself independent if my parents would still pay for me. I would be so embarrassed to call myself this...

Posted

People should stop bragging about living alone, if they parents pay everything or even just a part of it. You are not independent, if your parents still pay for you. I just started going to college and everyone who lives alone just thinks about how independent and mature they are and that everyone is jealous of them... like no, if I would be in your place I wouldn't call myself independent if my parents would still pay for me. I would be so embarrassed to call myself this...

i can agree w this partially but what do you mean by "parents paying"?? just rent or like,, all expenses?? i'd understand if your parents help bc rent can be a bitch sometimes, but living alone also comes with a lot of decision making and responsibility, even if ur parents are paying for stuff. especially as a student. 

Posted (edited)

Sorry if my post made me seem like I'm that type of person. I don't consider myself independent until I get a job and pay 100% for everything I use, this was just an apartment I stay in the city where's my college.

It also disgusts me that some people I know personally go from living in a small town with a "peasant" accent to the capital where college is and completely abandon their parents but still live off them. They come home few times per year (keep in mind that it takes them 1/2 hours to arrive by bus and 10-13€). They change their dialect very fast and act like a fancy native intellectual there, very insecure. You can change naturally but that can't happen in a month. You still have a family in your hometown who love you and pay for your food, rent and clubbing but you can't visit them for 2 days, absolutely selfish and disgusting. My mom would say to me to get my ass here lmao, but I'm a family person in general. 

Edited by shady

Posted

i can agree w this partially but what do you mean by "parents paying"?? just rent or like,, all expenses?? i'd understand if your parents help bc rent can be a bitch sometimes, but living alone also comes with a lot of decision making and responsibility, even if ur parents are paying for stuff. especially as a student. 

I mean both, because everyone I know acts like they pay for everything etc. even if they only have a mini job, which doesn't even cover the rent yet alone the food expenses. Yeah, it comes with responsibility, but over 80 percent of them don't even cook (and let their parents still wash their clothes etc.) and the parents still do everything for them. Most of them literally only live alone and let their parents do everything else and then they claim they are responsible and independent. A lot of them could actually still live with their parents and it wouldn't make a difference and yet they act like they do everything alone and aren't supported by their parents, even if the parents literally do everything for them. Some are not even adults and already live alone, even though it isn't necessary at all and they often stay in their parents' flat just because they do everything for them or are lonely most of the time etc. It is just so entitled to think that you are better than everyone else and independent, when your parents still pay for everything and half of these people don't even work. Also they should think about their parents, I wouldn't want to burden my own parents with paying for everything for me just because I want to live alone. They already worked enough for me and shouldn't have to pay for something, which isn't necessary, when you literally live in the same city, where your college is. Some have flats, which cost half of a normal income here +food/clothes/vacation money (yes you read right. A lot of them demand money to travel from their parents a few times a year) and the parents have to live from something too, so the parents often overwork themselves, just so their child can be spoilt. This generation is so unthankful to their parents. You don't have to thank them for rising you, but you should be thankful to have parents, who even pay for all your luxury and yet they go around and claim they did everything themselves and never had any help, when they almost live like they would do in a hotel

Sorry if my post made me seem like I'm that type of person. I don't consider myself independent until I get a job and pay 100% for everything I use, this was just an apartment I stay in the city where's my college.

It also disgusts me that some people I know personally go from living in a small town with a "peasant" accent to a capital where college is and completely abandoning their parents but still living off them. They come home few times per year (keep in mind that it takes them 1/2 hours to arrive by bus and 10-13€). They change their dialect very fast and act like a fancy native intellectual there, very insecure, you can change naturally but that can't happen in a month. You still have a family in your hometown who love you and pay for your food, rent and clubbing but you can't visit them for 2 days, absolutely selfish and disgusting. My mom would say to me to get my ass here lmao, but I'm a family person in general. 

I didn't meant you, sorry, I was just enerved with the people at my college

Posted (edited)

- i dont get the hype around harry styles. he has some bops but he's also so overrated. especially "lights up" that song's literally nothing special

- chicken soup is gross

- i think everyone has to bleach and/or cut their hair at home at least once in their lifetime. Might look like shit but it builds character lol

Edited by moonlight42

Posted

The mad confusion from Westerners over what's going on in Syria is giving me a massive headache. 

Posted

go around and claim they did everything themselves and never had any help

You'd be disappointed to know that even outside of university, plenty of people are like this. A lot of people don't recognize own privilege or their own luck. People are too afraid to give credit to their upbringing because they feel like it diminishes their work. Just because Mommy and Daddy weren't millionaires, doesn't mean you weren't privileged.

Posted

The mad confusion from Westerners over what's going on in Syria is giving me a massive headache. 

What do you mean?

Posted

i may get skinned alive and then set on fire for saying this but

i dont think jenna lynn is as fake as the consensus says she is

and i am not convinced its a breast plate or that her ass is sagging

Posted

What do you mean?

Basically people who only care about foreign politics five days a year are chiming into a multi-faceted problem. A lot of friends are saying 'Just carve out a piece of land for the Kurds and that will bring peace :)'  Like Syria is gonna sign up for that. Like the indigenous people in NE Syria (Assyrians, Bedouins, and mixed groups) are gonna sign up for that. Like Iraq, Turkey, and Iran are gonna sign up for that. Meanwhile, the US has armed everyone involved and it's a dumpster fire. I want peace too, but let's not pretend carving up some land, claimed by multiple people, like a pizza is the peaceful solution.