• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7807 posts in this topic

Posted

Commenting something like "you looked better before!" on someone's post after they've had some kind of permanent procedure done is almost always unnecessary and contributes to nothing but negativity.  even if it's objectively true there's no reverse button and it's not your business

Posted

I feel like the whole Ellen DeGeneres and bush backlash is kind of over the top? I don’t know a whole lot about their relationship but she might not even be super close to him? Like you can laugh and hang around with other people who don’t share the same views as you. 

I just feel like people should stop making politics a personality. I feel like everyone should be able to call other people out and have a conversation, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get along with other people who think differently from you

yes i too love getting along and hanging out with murderers in my free time whats wrong with that :doge:

Posted (edited)

NYX cosmetics aint even that good

only thing that's good is their matte eyeliner and matte setting spray, everything else i've tried is bad!!! i once bought a retractable eyebrow pencil from them that turned out to be empty lmao 

Edited by rurihari

Posted (edited)

only thing that's good is their matte eyeliner and matte setting spray, everything else i've tried is bad!!! i once bought a retractable eyebrow pencil from them that turned out to be empty lmao 

Ive bought 6 products from them, all of them were dried out, broken, or just bad quality. Which sucks because I like their glitter eyeprimer and their individual glitter pots

Edited by Haven

Posted

Ive bought 6 products from them, all of them were dried out, broken, or just bad quality. Which sucks because I like their glitter eyeprimer and their individual glitter pots

I really like their lipsticks and butter gglosses. I brought the "universal" toned contour stick once and ofc it was too dark for my pale ass lol

Their eyeliner is definitely worth the buy, the eyebrow pencil i brought broke after one use and my primer barely had anything in it.

(If you havehaven't yet, i reccomend elf. Their products are very good for the price)

Posted (edited)

I really like their lipsticks and butter gglosses. I brought the "universal" toned contour stick once and ofc it was too dark for my pale ass lol

Their eyeliner is definitely worth the buy, the eyebrow pencil i brought broke after one use and my primer barely had anything in it.

(If you havehaven't yet, i reccomend elf. Their products are very good for the price)

i literally swear by their matte liquid eyeliner lol it's the only one i'll ever use and it's way better than the kvd tattoo liner imo

what elf products do u recommend?? i love makeup but have spent (and wasted) so much $$$ over the years so now i have a somewhat fixed set of products i use BUT!! it would still be nice if i didn't always have to go sephora for everything

Edited by rurihari

Posted

The people who started saying "anna oop" instead of "and i oop" just ruin the whole thing for me tbh lol

Posted

i literally swear by their matte liquid eyeliner lol it's the only one i'll ever use and it's way better than the kvd tattoo liner imo

what elf products do u recommend?? i love makeup but have spent (and wasted) so much $$$ over the years so now i have a somewhat fixed set of products i use BUT!! it would still be nice if i didn't always have to go sephora for everything

Their eyebrow pencils and eyeshadows are really good. Those are my go to's. I don't wear foundation but their concealers are decent. Not my absolute favorite but it works.

I have pallets from colourpop too. The orange, yellow and strawberry ones are my favorites. I don't like their foundation tho mainly bc i hate matte type foundations. Not too hot about their concealears either but their lipsticks and tinted lip glosses are a bit better than nyxs and last without additional touch ups.

Posted

Something really annoys me about girls who have very boring one dimensional style but are ready to criticize your outfit. They usually only like one genre of music/movie and only spend time on instagram. 

Quick rant:

For example, my friend only wears one type of sneakers, skinny jeans, medium length t-shirt or a sweater during all seasons and 2011 platform pumps for parties. She hates jackets and boots and literally doesn't know what to wear on winter. But she had the audacity to call me out for "not dressing enough like an adult" one winter when I wore for a party a turtleneck bodysuit, a mini checked tennis skirt and chunky heeled boots with black stockings (I'm 20) and it was -20°C outside.  Excuse me? I was the one who got more male attention at the music festival for actually planning an outfit, not just putting a crop top, low rise shorts and sneakers. I would be bored with myself in her shoes. 

like a goth lecturing about color palettes

yes i too love getting along and hanging out with murderers in my free time whats wrong with that :doge:

call my good friends the clintons, were having tea

Posted

I have zero patience for native English speakers who move to a foreign country and don't make a solid effort to learn the language....just expect everyone to coddle them. It's not cute.

if you move to an english speaking country and don't speak perfect english immediately youre gonna be torn apart but for some reason foreigners have to be treated w respect and patience

Posted

I didn't feel emotional when I watched Toy Story 4.

Posted (edited)

the hydrating fenty foundation is everything! better than the original imo, idc what the makeup gurus are saying

Edited by rurihari

Posted

She's into old rock and metal music and drawing. I'll see if I can find some cheap ass fairy lights and my grandma's jar😂

maybe buy her rock pins, like to stick onto her backpack/something? or a cheap metal band poster? or if you're an artist, a portrait  ;)

Posted (edited)

I didn't feel emotional when I watched Toy Story 4.

Ok real talk me neither. The ending was stupid and I have no idea what Disney is up to with their movies lately. Wreck it Ralph 2 was the same thing where I get the message they were trying to send but there was a secondary message that just kind of felt fucked up?

**Spoilers**

In Wreck It Ralph we're supposed to believe Ralph is a toxic best friend and he kind of is but he spent like 25 years being shit on and neglected and only like 6 being accepted. Van abandoned her game for her cool new bestie and we're all supposed to not question it and be supportive? Even though it's like your friend getting back with her lazy ass stoner boyfriend for the 4th time. She thinks it's a great idea and you don't want to rock to boat but internally you're like bb what is you doin? The heart can want what the heart wants but that don't make it right.

Toy Story 4 was the same thing. Fuck your friends live yo truth. On one hand, great for the person living the truth. On the other hand, bad for that person's former friends.

Edited by Sardonyxx