• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7420 posts in this topic

Posted

The "lol relatable" post/meme trend is the most unfunny thing ever. Especially when adults try to do it as a way to appeal to teens. Idk why but it just is, i rarely see ones that are legitimately funny.

Posted

The whole 'aries/virgo' and 'julien is jennas five year old' thing is really getting cringy, old, and annoying.  I can't stand how Jenna plays it up in the cannoli video.

Posted

I'm honestly disgusted that people are trying to normalize pedophilia and make me be sympathetic because 'They can't help it it's a mental disorder :(("

I literally got a whole ass speech from someone trying to defend a pedo who was trying to hook up with a minor because he 'couldn't help it' and 'needs help because hes sick we can't shame him over something he has no control of :(("

Posted

Honey Butter chips are nasty.

Posted

Ariana Grande's personality feels so fake. Whenever I hear her speak, she's kind and all. But it feels so synthetic, like she's forcing this sweet can't-do-anything-wrong persona. Lol call me crazy but I always get the vibe she's super rude behind the scenes, I need to dig around 

Ikr, MEANWHILE she's literally singing about how she's going to steal someone's boyfriend and try to get him to cheat on his girlfriend for sex because she's "bored"

And her Japan/black fetish pretty much destroys any respect I would have had for her otherwise -_-

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly disgusted that people are trying to normalize pedophilia and make me be sympathetic because 'They can't help it it's a mental disorder :(("

I literally got a whole ass speech from someone trying to defend a pedo who was trying to hook up with a minor because he 'couldn't help it' and 'needs help because hes sick we can't shame him over something he has no control of :(("

omg PREACH.

Children do not understand the concept of CONSENT. Their brains are SO far from being developed. They are easily scared, bribed, blackmailed, taken advantage of, they are physically weak, and prepubescent kids can't even feel sexual attraction. It is so disgusting that some people would defend that. Pedophilia is a FETISH. It's based on mindset and culture which leads to sexual attraction. Some people have an fetish for rape and they "can't help" but be turned on by rape. Does that make it okay???? NO!!!!

Also, pedophilia actually can be helped, it's called therapy. 

Edit: also, even if you think you can't control your fetishes, you CAN control whether you act on them or not.

Edited by bebe._.

Posted (edited)

On that topic, is it an unpopular opinion that if someone feels any desire to prey on or harm a child, they deserve access to assistance and help for their desire and it's common sense for that help to be easily accessible if we sincerely want to prevent further child abuse?

There isn't really a way to say this without at least someone accusing me (or whoever says it) of condoning/supporting people having these desires, but if there's a way to assist those people which decreases the instances of child abuse then I don't see why that shouldn't be the best solution, unlike the suggestions (motivated by nothing other than blind rage) to just allow the abuse to happen and then imprison/kill the abuser. "Kill all (x) / Put all (x) in prison" doesn't solve the problems (nor does is substitute as adequate therapy for the victim, coming from one) it just creates a situation where people with those desires receive no help, act on those desires and permanently harm a child, and go to prison or pass away, leaving any other human being to come along and do the same thing to another child. Like, sure, we can imprison and kill all racists, but if we did that and didn't educate the general population on what racism is and how it affects people and society, more racists would just keep developing with every consecutive generation.

Edited by sloane
Edited for clarity

Posted (edited)

omg PREACH.

Children do not understand the concept of CONSENT. Their brains are SO far from being developed. They are easily scared, bribed, blackmailed, taken advantage of, they are physically weak, and prepubescent kids can't even feel sexual attraction. It is so disgusting that some people would defend that. Pedophilia is a FETISH. It's based on mindset and culture which leads to sexual attraction. Some people have an fetish for rape and they "can't help" but be turned on by rape. Does that make it okay???? NO!!!!

Also, pedophilia actually can be helped, it's called therapy. 

Edit: also, even if you think you can't control your fetishes, you CAN control whether you act on them or not.

When I was told this I was so utterly horrified and disgusted. I had a really bad experience once happen because of pedophilia and it made me feel utterly disgusted, so hearing someone say that shit to me when I said I dont like pedos and the guy who was trying to hook up with a minor should roy in jail and someone crying to me how I'm being "inconsiderate" because pedos cant "control how they are because they are mentally ill" and I shouldnt "judge because they cant control what they like and their urges" just makes me really pissed off that people think normalizing this behavior is ok. I do think they should GET HELP but trying to make me sympathize is just a fucking yikes.

Edited by Haven

Posted

fairy lights in a jar would be cute, what are some of her interests?

She's into old rock and metal music and drawing. I'll see if I can find some cheap ass fairy lights and my grandma's jar😂

Posted

pronouns like dude, bro, mate, my guy, sis, bitch etc. are all gender neutral 

Posted (edited)

That girls who are dramatic about sun exposure because they loath dark skin need to grow up and get the fuck over themselves. I have some pale friends who openly express their disdain for growing even a half shade darker because "Ewww DARK SKIN"....all while they look me, a tanned person, in the face. 

It's the complete opposite where I live. I'm paper pale and can't tan so a lot of people just compare their skin tone to mine and they always say something along the lines "wohoo great at least i'm not the palest/this pale" or some degrading shit like that. It's like they're making it a one-sided competition.

I think every skin tone is beautiful so we should just embrace it. But if a person wants to tan or get paler for themselves I don't see a problem with that either. I don't care about people's preferences, it's just so annoying to see people drag someone down just because they don't prefer their skin tone.

Edited by cluelessmai

Posted (edited)

putting pronouns in ones bio is kinda insignificant and snowflakey

honestly I don't care

i know mutuals who do it but i adamantly refuse lmao i won't tell them to their faces that i think it's dumb

Edited by poohbear

Posted

putting pronouns in ones bio is kinda insignificant and snowflakey

honestly I don't care

i know mutuals who do it but i adamantly refuse lmao i won't tell them to their faces that i think it's dumb

How do you know what to refer to someone as if they don't at some point tell you what pronouns they use?

Posted (edited)

lol wrong thread sorry

turns out she was filming a commercial anyway 

Edited by moonlight42

Posted

she has to call the paparazzi on herself right?? they seem follow her more than like, kylie jenner

Noo it's totally legit, we all look like we're in a musical whenever we're alone and finish our shopping spree, idk where you live.

Joke aside, I used to be a fan of Halsey a little before she blew up and now she has proven to be pathological liar and a snowflake that is so desperate to be referred as POC, minority, woman, lgbt just for victim points and debates. Her boyfriend is imo is cute and cringy at the same time lmao.