• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8126 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate comments on music videos saying “oh if you like this comment. I hope you’ll become rich” yada yada. They are super annoying. And I feel like nobody calls out on them or they are called a bad person.

Posted

I hate comments on music videos saying “oh if you like this comment. I hope you’ll become rich” yada yada. They are super annoying. And I feel like nobody calls out on them or they are called a bad person.

Yeah, they’re super annoying, I’ve heard that there’s this chrome & Firefox extension that blocks annoying comments like that though. 

Posted

I was watching s2 of 13RW and...

So, in S1 they showed Hannah like a loner that new shit about love, even if 90% of the boys in the tapes were in love with her, but then, in S2, she was flirting and sleeping with everyone and WAS A BULLY in her other school? The fuck is this? Am I supposed to feel bad about her when she was the bully?

Posted

- Probably a truly unpopular opinion, but people who go to any type of social gathering on their own free will to sit around not interacting with anyone or just one person and ignoring anyone trying to include them are unpleasant and should just leave. I don't care if you're shy or introverted. 

I've met some people like this and it's so annoying especially as I'm quite introverted too but i'll try to talk and then get nothing from the other person. It screws with my anxiety.  

Somewhat of an unpopular opinion: If you're a lightweight when it comes to drinking, please KNOW your limits and don't drink more than that. I don't want to have to look after you because you've had 4 beers instead of 2. If you're old enough to be in a club drinking you're old enough to know your limits and look after yourself. I see so many girls having to be carried/dragged home by their boyfriends.

Posted (edited)

- People complain about not having any friends or people not being openminded enough to the outcasts, while they aren't even interested in anyone who doesn't have the exact same interests and hobbies as them, are judgemental af, have bad social skills but blame others for it.

- Probably a truly unpopular opinion, but people who go to any type of social gathering on their own free will to sit around not interacting with anyone or just one person and ignoring anyone trying to include them are unpleasant and should just leave. I don't care if you're shy or introverted. 

The first one is basically my former best friend I rented about on the Rant thread. Exact the same, bitch, your not the victim, comming from someone who's been an actual outsider but was super friendly to everyone.

I don't think people do it intentionally. I met many people that are like that but say they had a great time. Some actually enjoy the atmosphere without being super sociable or not dancing if it's a party. Sometimes I'm the described person, sometimes I'm the super extroverted, I hate it but I can't control how I'll feel like behaving that evening. I hate it only when guys who flirt firstly ask me why am I so bored, nibba I'm not bored, I'm just chilling. 

Edited by shady

Posted

My current upopular opinion: I don't have to try to have a relationship with any family member. Just because we are family it doesn't mean I have to accept a lost aunt suddenly appearing and wanting to be in my life. Or accepting the behavior my future sister in law has towards me. Family can be toxic too and if it makes me anxious and unsafe to be around people, I don't have to. My mom always tells me 'endure it, they are family'. But I honestly hate that, I just wished it was ok to accept or reject people in my life.

Posted

Fire Emblem fans hating on Chinatsu Kurahana for her FE3H designs, but wishing for Kozaki to come back are so wack. They all pretend as if he never designed the monstrosity that was Fates, like Camilla's titty belt or Charlotte's entire outfit doesn't ring a bell?

Posted

Almost everyone is saying how bad Fantastic Beasts 2 is and how Fantastic Beasts 1 was a masterpiece, while I would have literally left the cinema if I would have seen FB 1 there. I would have been so mad to spend money on it. I just saw it recently and checked every 10 minutes how much is left so that it can be finally over. I don't think I have ever seen such a boring fantasy movie. And I am actually pretty understanding, if a story begins slow and introduces everything in the first movie, but even I found it boring.

I already didn't really liked Harry Potter that much and thought maybe FB could be more exciting due to having access to better technology, but it was so bad and boring. It could have been made really exciting, but everything was predictable (Spoiler: especially since one just knew that the focus on the little girl was fake to have a plot twist, but that was so cheap and everyone knew the guy was the one). When the movie was over I literally thought that it was written as bad and as non-exciting as those Harry Potter books and then J.K. Rolling's name came up in the credits :happee:

I won't even watch the second part since even fans say it is bad and that should make Warner's Brothers pay attention to it and fire Rolling for the script or at least hire a second writer that could at least save a little bit of the story

Posted

Almost everyone is saying how bad Fantastic Beasts 2 is and how Fantastic Beasts 1 was a masterpiece, while I would have literally left the cinema if I would have seen FB 1 there. I would have been so mad to spend money on it. I just saw it recently and checked every 10 minutes how much is left so that it can be finally over. I don't think I have ever seen such a boring fantasy movie. And I am actually pretty understanding, if a story begins slow and introduces everything in the first movie, but even I found it boring.

I already didn't really liked Harry Potter that much and thought maybe FB could be more exciting due to having access to better technology, but it was so bad and boring. It could have been made really exciting, but everything was predictable (Spoiler: especially since one just knew that the focus on the little girl was fake to have a plot twist, but that was so cheap and everyone knew the guy was the one). When the movie was over I literally thought that it was written as bad and as non-exciting as those Harry Potter books and then J.K. Rolling's name came up in the credits :happee:

I won't even watch the second part since even fans say it is bad and that should make Warner's Brothers pay attention to it and fire Rolling for the script or at least hire a second writer that could at least save a little bit of the story

Potterheads basically hate the second part because of Johnny Depp being on it most of the time, they still buy Amber's bs even if proof says otherwise. They also hate Cursed Child even if its A MILLION TIMES better written than ANY Harry Potter book, and thats saying a lot, considering how its just a script.

Posted

i know a lot of ppl seem to prefer her over emma chamberlain but joana ceddia just irks me for some reason, and i'm not even a fan of emma lmao. 

Posted (edited)

- Why is the Van girl so popular? I've seen at least 5 girls who live in a van in California, being hippies and having a youtube channel. Maybe Jennelle has more a mainstream style and more Emma Chamberlain-ish but I see her as every other bubbly youtuber. Like I said, she isn't the first youtuber that lives in a van but dedicates her whole channel for that. I don't want to seem judgemental, but also living in a van looks unhygenic and wannabe different, what's wrong about getting a small mobile home or a trailer instead, vans aren't made for living. And last, I've seen a few videos how it's almost impossible to have your first ever video go viral and be monetized as well as gain 1m subs from 4 videos.

-VMA's this year was cancer 

Edited by shady

Posted

Got another one for y'all lol

I wish liberals and conservatives would realize that politics isn't always black and white. I'm sick of the, "liberal good, conservative bad" or vice versa. If they would read a damn book, they would know it's not that simple.

Also, I believe everyone has a little privilege whether they want to admit it or not.

Got another one for y'all lol

I wish liberals and conservatives would realize that politics isn't always black and white. I'm sick of the, "liberal good, conservative bad" or vice versa. If they would read a damn book, they would know it's not that simple.

Also, I believe everyone has a little privilege whether they want to admit it or not.

Another thing too (I'm on a roll lololol)

The social justice movement is good in theory but they need to take care of those fake woke pos that's making them look like maniacs. The community nowadays is basically a competition on who is the most "tolerant" or "unproblematic" and they don't focus on the real issues anymore.

Posted

Not all cops are bad people. Stop stereotyping a bunch of people who have risked their lives and even died to protect their community by slandering them by generalizing that because there are some cops that are racist and scum that ALL cops are also racist and scum. People who think this way are a whole fucking circus.

Posted (edited)

Not all cops are bad people. Stop stereotyping a bunch of people who have risked their lives and even died to protect their community by slandering them by generalizing that because there are some cops that are racist and scum that ALL cops are also racist and scum. People who think this way are a whole fucking circus. 

I kinda agree, unfortunately like most groups, a few bad apples spoil a whole bunch. Also, it stems from how law enforcement can be pretty friggin corrupt.

Edited by Michi
Add more stuff

Posted

- i know its a rule already but stop complaining about downvotes its annoying ffs

- milk before cereal. always. cereal before milk is so dumb

- when eating a sandwich, eating the crust first is the only option

- stop acting like a straw is gonna save the planet, its not

- some tik toks are funny but i will never know how you stan or become a fan of someone who just lip syncs

- converse > vans im not switching up

- white tumblr artists try too hard to push diversity it comes off as racist. if you don't know what i mean, there are these artists who change every white, slim, character into ambiguously brown (or stereotypically east asian), muslim, fat, trans, and sometimes gay. its strange and obsessive. most of the type they enforce stereotypes in their art.