• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9210 posts in this topic

Posted

I personally don't care if I get cat called. In a way I feel better about myself?

Same. Its only a issue if they get physical or sstat following me tbh.

Posted

Same. Its only a issue if they get physical or sstat following me tbh.

Being followed or physically harassing me is not ok and I will beat the shit out of someone. But like the otherday on the metro some dudes said I have a nice ass and honestly, that felt great considering how much I physically hate my body.

Posted

I personally don't care if I get cat called. In a way I feel better about myself?

Same and I live IN NYC where it happens all the fucking time down every street and I actually cat call back just for fun lmao. 

Posted

I never understood why there are grown ass women who make fun of other women for wearing pads over tampons. Like the notion that you're more mature if you use tampons is so fucking stupid they're all literally just blood absorbers why do you give a fuck about what other women are doing with their vaginas please get a job.

I have used tampons since day 1 since I had older sisters who already had period products and I've never understood why people are so scared of them. But even so, I definitely agree that shaming people for their choice of product is stupid, that has no affect on you lol why do people care about that. Girls can already feel awkward enough about periods, I feel so lucky that it wasn't necessary for me to have to tell my mom I started mine since I already had access to everything i need, I got to keep it private while many girls don't. Thanks for sharing this bc it definitely needed to be said

Posted

Thank you!!!!!! I got obliterated in the Kenna thread once for saying catcalls are just a compliment and it's honestly not a big deal. No one is hurting any one, it's just someone showing you some appreciation. When people complain about it, it just sounds like people acting like they're oppressed for being hot. "Boohoo, poor me, men ALWAYS call out to me about how I'm a hottie" stfu

My unpopular opinion:

Cups >>>>> all other sanitary items 

Seriously, don't knock it till you try it.

Posted

Thank you!!!!!! I got obliterated in the Kenna thread once for saying catcalls are just a compliment and it's honestly not a big deal. No one is hurting any one, it's just someone showing you some appreciation. When people complain about it, it just sounds like people acting like they're oppressed for being hot. "Boohoo, poor me, men ALWAYS call out to me about how I'm a hottie" stfu

It is of course not okay to follow, physically harass or verbally too but imo they are literally compliments, sometimes I understand how they can be creepy but if someone whistles towards me or says like 'Damn she's fine" "She got a nice ass" I would gladly be like 'You know what that means a lot, thanks man." 

Posted

It is of course not okay to follow, physically harass or verbally too but imo they are literally compliments, sometimes I understand how they can be creepy but if someone whistles towards me or says like 'Damn she's fine" "She got a nice ass" I would gladly be like 'You know what that means a lot, thanks man." 

I'm cracking up over some guy cat calling you and you turning around with them thinking you're going to curse them out but you go in a super sweet voice" you know what that means a lot, thanks man. " it would probably leave them dumbfounded. 😂😂😂😂

Posted

-I don't understand how people will harass and shame overweight people for being comfortable in their own bodies and then turn around and shame the same people for trying to lose weight(eg making fun of them eating salads taking photos of them at the gym etc), or worse yet, developing eating disorders. 

-This isn't an opinion, it's a fact that a lot of people aren't aware of: Extreme weight gain or weight loss can be caused by factors other than diet and exercise, and these factors can make it extremely difficult for weight loss or gain to happen. So statements such as "Your body type doesn't need acceptance, you need to eat more/less!!" come across as ignorant and insensitive. Conditions such as thyroid disorders, pcos, hormonal imbalances and chronic illnesses can make weight management extremely difficult no matter how healthy your lifestyle. Do these people not deserve the right to feel happy in their bodies despite their circumstances? 

-The bodyposi movement has grown into a dumpster fire. What started as a movement to lift up people with unconventional body types regardless of color and size has turned into a shitshow led by extremely insecure people claiming that everything pertaining to weight loss is fatphobia or that they're being oppressed because their ass isnt fat enough to get more than 3 likes on a twitter booty appreciation thread. I miss the days where bodyposi was just being proud of having extremely freckled skin or not giving a fuck about having hairy legs, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks or oddly shaped titties. Now its just "posting workout routines is [email protected]" or just posting for clout. 

Posted

I'm glad that Spider-man is out of the SJW mess that MCU is becoming, hoping for a more mature Spider-man, in the MCU he has been 15 yo since Civil War, come on...

Posted

idk if it's too early to say this, or if this is really that unpopular but I liked the 2010's.

Posted (edited)

Same, if it's good looking guy I even look at him and smile. Doesn't that mean that you look attractive? I just hate when 12 year old boys, and a couple of times Syrian migrants do that, or anything that's creepy or annoying. I don't know why feminists are so triggered by this. 

Edited by shady

Posted

hm i sorta feel this. i KNOW it isn't right but... my mom (and even my ex, i think) told me that strangers notice how "good looking" i am but...i'm fucking dumb? i'm oblivious? UNLESS someone makes it obvious to me. 

BUT stalking me, physically harassing me, or yelling it at me (had this happen to me and it easily intimidated me) are not ok 

Posted

BUT stalking me, physically harassing me, or yelling it at me (had this happen to me and it easily intimidated me) are not ok 

Well of course, I mentioned that harrassment isnt okay at all. But if someone is just like "Damn she looks fine" I would be like 'Oh ok I see you"

Posted (edited)

idk if it's too early to say this, or if this is really that unpopular but I liked the 2010's.

I loved the early 2010s tumblr and early instagram era and internet in general. Although I was a cringy insecure preteen at that time, I loved how majority of girls were natural on social media and no one on instagram was trying to make their lives seem perfect (except celebs). My idol was Acacia Clark when it comes to her style. The fashion was less provocative and more colorful and wholesome which I loved back then but hate now (the neon colors) lol. No one cared if your makeup and eyebrows are perfect or if you had an hourglass figure.

In contrast, In my country the pop culture was dreadful and usually would be late 1 or 2 years after US trends. Many trends here were tacky. I would browse tumblr and wear the trendy stuff before it was a thing here like aztec prints, baseball caps I get in foreign countries and sometimes diy stuff and get weird looks by judgemental people. It was a good time lol. 

Edited by shady

Posted (edited)

I know I said this in confessional just now but I like a lot of action movies and I really don't care whether the films I watch are critically acclaimed darlings uwu when all I want is for films to, gasp, entertain me

not everything has to be r/im14andthisisdeep, sometimes that makes it boring and pretentious

Edited by poohbear