• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7124 posts in this topic

Posted

I have no issue with adults without children wanting to go to Disney land it makes more sense than taking a baby or toddler because they will actually remember the experience (This why my dad took me when i was 9 instead of 2 or 3) and maybe their family didn't have the money to go when they were children, I get it, but adults who are obsessed with Disney to the point that that's their main interest is just odd to me. no hate though.

Posted

The Powerpuff Girls movie was good. 

Posted

I hate it when best friends don't answer a text messsage on the same day just because they didn't feel like looking at it. Most are on the phone at least half a day and even if not, at least as a friend they can spend one minute of their day to look at their phone. Friendship is about being there for each other. Of course I understand it if they don't answer if somebody dies or they are sick, but not looking at a message just because is lazy

Posted (edited)

-I once read something along the lines of this:

"When you're happy, you don't see anyone telling you 'but someone just had a kid, got a raise and had a better day' to bring you down and make your happiness invalid. The same goes for your sadness and anger. It never is and never will be invalid."

I feel like things like this should be taught from an early age.

-It's sad how these days education institutes give you the certificate based on how well you serve society and how easily you become a corporate slave.
-I'm still worried about India. Modi is such a promising minister to the degree I know the congress wants to murder him.
-Nehru didn't do shit. I still don't like him. 

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, however, deserves more recognition!

Edited by nokjae

Posted (edited)

The unpopular opinion k pop thread isn’t the place to post unpopular opinions about k pop, most of the things posted in there are pretty common. Like, it’s fine, just that I always expect something juicy and ...nothing lol 

i hate having to read the word oppar on here so much. I know it’s to mock koreaboos but it’s so ugly 

Edited by evrthngis2expnsve

Posted

- The Tumblr art style was cute and artsy, but nowadays it's boring and overused. Also, I'm sad that the old Tumblr officially died. I hate how people rant about it being all sjw-ed and weird fandoms when it was never like that before.

- If you hype up your friends when they want to look good or cute, but they actually don't look good/cute then I'm sorry your not a real friend. Real friends express their own opinions/feelings, like if I looked really bad for this event or whatever, then tell me. Don't fake hype me up. It just shows that your not that good of a friend.

- I wish people could stop thinking that teenagers have the best life and they're one of the most luckiest people like.. no. During my teen years I had to overcome a lot mentally relating to my anxiety, there were times when I secretly contemplated suicide but I just hide it in front of my family and friends who assume I had a life that's "well put together". I suffered a lot of painful thoughts and moments, but hid it through smiles and giggles.

- I can't understand why people find water disgusting and bland. Like, water is so revitalizing and such a fresh breath of air. Juice and carbonated drinks should be drink only when offered or when its a special occasion. 

Posted

-While i enjoy the fact that some video game series leave unanswered things to fan interpretation, a big part of me wishes they would give canon answers, partly bc some of us spend years pondering over it but mainly bc pretentious know it alls try to pass their theories off as canon even if it makes no sense. 

-If you daydrink, you're miserable.

-The female unity wave on social media is just a trend for wholesome points. Most of the women who ride it are the biggest mean girls irl and only give attention to women who are popular like them. 

-incels need to be locked in asylums with round the clock therapists. No...seriously the way they're obsessed with women and take the slightest bit of kindness as flirting, just to fly into a violent rage when rejected...thats a indication of mental illness.

Posted

Shark Week is stupid as hell. 

Posted (edited)

- The Tumblr art style was cute and artsy, but nowadays it's boring and overused. Also, I'm sad that the old Tumblr officially died. I hate how people rant about it being all sjw-ed and weird fandoms when it was never like that before.

100%. Everything about it is odd, and now everyone seems to have it and claim it's "unique" even though I can guarantee your art teacher won't accept it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I started to revolve around that style for a bit because it was actually kinda easy to do, but my good friend sent me a tutorial on how she does her anatomy and whatnot so now my style is a bit different. I am guilty of drawing lips like above if it's a sketch, though. Luckily, I've seen artists on Tumblr develop their own style that looks nothing like this, and trust me when I say it's like a breath of fresh air. uwu

The SJW part is usually out of the way as long as you don't mention or tag your posts that way, if you catch my drift? I posted something on how hating CIS wasn't too great on LGBTQ's part and people agreed on it without issue. I got just one insult and they shut up after I defended my point. SJW's are unfortunately everywhere. ):

Edited by heretic

Posted (edited)

honestly most people who put pronouns in any of their bios… you can just… tell people… what your gender is…if they ask… it doesn't have to be… in your fucking bio....your bio is supposed to reel me in and why would you put your gender and sexuality in there when you can just... TELL PEOPLE if they ASK, that doesn't make me interested in a person at all and if your bios supposed to make you interesting... only making it about that kinda bores me

with twitter's new misgendering rule it's just allowed alt right people to weaponize the rule, as has already been a thing, so steadfastly I think people should get rid of them because it breeds more harm than good

What I don't get is when people put 'any pronouns' or 'he/she/they' in their bio. Why not just put none, or put your 'assigned' gender because you're presumably cis? It just seems kinda redundant. 

Edited by Linquistic

Posted

What I don't get is when people put 'any pronouns' or 'he/she/they' in their bio. Why not just put none, or put your 'assigned' gender because you're presumably cis? It just seems kinda redundant. 

I don't really see what the point is to put them in your bio when bios are supposed to be a brief showcase/review of your account and its purpose, not about what your gender or sexuality is…just tell people what you "are" if someone asks about it, it's simple.

Posted

100%. Everything about it is odd, and now everyone seems to have it and claim it's "unique" even though I can guarantee your art teacher won't accept it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I started to revolve around that style for a bit because it was actually kinda easy to do, but my good friend sent me a tutorial on how she does her anatomy and whatnot so now my style is a bit different. I am guilty of drawing lips like above if it's a sketch, though. Luckily, I've seen artists on Tumblr develop their own style that looks nothing like this, and trust me when I say it's like a breath of fresh air. uwu

The SJW part is usually out of the way as long as you don't mention or tag your posts that way, if you catch my drift? I posted something on how hating CIS wasn't too great on LGBTQ's part and people agreed on it without issue. I got just one insult and they shut up after I defended my point. SJW's are unfortunately everywhere. ):

I remember when I first saw the "Tumblr art style" and it was so unique and cute, but after awhile it seemed like everyone "adopted" the style and now it seems less special. I can't say much now because it's been years I haven't been on Tumblr. Last time I truly was on it was in 2015, 4 years ago. I look at a lot of art on Instagram now and I really love the art style diversity there. :alpacaheadshake:

The whole world we live in now seems like an SJW, it gets awfully annoying now and then and it disappoints me that people can't truly express their opinion and thoughts w/o getting attacked. I just think SJW's love to have a reason to reach 🙄

Posted

- I can't understand why people find water disgusting and bland. Like, water is so revitalizing and such a fresh breath of air. Juice and carbonated drinks should be drink only when offered or when its a special occasion. 

I used to hate water because my dumb ass never thought to chill it, so I was always drinking water at room temperature or slightly above. The feeling of ingesting a flavourless body-temperature liquid felt weird and somehow dirty, as though I could taste the impurities (even though the disgust was all in my mind). Now I refrigerate my water and it's great n refreshing B|

Posted

Brave is a good movie and I really can't see why people hate it as much as they do. I could see why people dislike it but not full-on hate.

Posted (edited)

I used to hate water because my dumb ass never thought to chill it, so I was always drinking water at room temperature or slightly above. The feeling of ingesting a flavourless body-temperature liquid felt weird and somehow dirty, as though I could taste the impurities (even though the disgust was all in my mind). Now I refrigerate my water and it's great n refreshing B|

I'm in China and they drink hot water. It's so weird to me cause it's just boiling liquid with no taste. But apparently it's healthier for you. 

Unpopular opinion (maybe): Shane Dawson is a hack and not mature enough to be making documentaries on serious topics. 

Edited by Miss_Doll