• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

8178 posts in this topic

Posted

Lucky Star is a boring anime, never understood the hype for it back in the day.

Tool is an overrated band and all their songs sound the same.

IMO, entitled dog parents are million times more annoying than regular entitled parents, especially the ones who get a fake service dog jacket so their SmOl PuPpEr can enter a fucking store with them and bark at everyone and shit everywhere and make actual service dogs look bad. 

Posted

sick of drag makeup [+techniques] on men AND WOMEN

and sick of pictorials starting with 'pack on x in the crease'

Posted

- i have a lot of respect for kylie jenner actually, whatever you think about her, she took her massive inherited wealth and started a company that ultimately brought her more money. which is a really smart business move lol 

- stranger things should've ended after season 2, they're just repeating the storyline from the first season at this point

- rico nasty is better than cardi and nicki together lol 

- thinking you're better than other girls for not wearing makeup/drinking/partying etc isn't a personality trait

- hating men isn't a personality trait either

Posted (edited)

People who don’t enjoy or understand ASMR videos need to stop complaining about it; we get it they’re weird and you don’t like them stfu already... people also need to learn the difference between Mukbangs and ASMR lol

Asking for someone’s pronouns in public conversation is idiotic, rude, and frankly does the opposite of what's intended

Disney’s remake era so far has been disappointing and pointless

I don’t understand people who rabidly hate kids; like girl, I get that you don’t like children, you don’t have to be so aggressive chill

Edited by himalayansaltlamp

Posted

-People are allowed to voice that the don't like things, its just annoying as heck when they take every moment to repeat it.

-Dating apps are stupid.

-Online dating is a huge waste of time if you don't plan on ever meeting each other and dating outside of the internet.

-Kissing someone on the hand needs to come back as a popular trend tbh.

-Teeth gaps are adorable. Same with small round teeth. 

-Tiny imperfections in a persons appearance makes them even more attractive tbh.

Posted

People who say "I'm not trying to white knight but..." annoy me because yeah you totally are white knighting. 

Posted

Screen rant and CBR need to stop embarrassing themselves with their anime articles. They literally don't know what they're talking about. I even saw one of them make a list about who could be Hokage Naruto and actually put Choji on the list. Fucking Choji.

Posted

Russian is actually in the  "aggressive" language category, such as German and others. I don't understand it either tbh. I have Russian roots. 

And I agree on the horror remake thing. The IT remake is an example. IT was not that scary to me. At all. The antag is a clown with a big forehead and buck teeth. How in the hell is that terrifying? The voice is also so wacky I couldn't help but laugh the whole time he was shown. Good movie, but they could have altered IT's appearance to make him look....you know....scary. I can understand people who have coulrophobia but...lord.

"It" wasn't scary to me, but I enjoyed it quite a lot (it's a well done movie, they changed some things about the original plot that I mostly agree with), and I do like the design of It as a clown, especially compared to the 1990 miniseries. I'd say it's one of the few horror movies that have been released recently that don't suck, actually, mainly because despite being a remake, it's quite original in its premise. 

The market is oversaturated by ghost films right now, if you take the last few big horror releases (The Conjuring universe, Paranormal Activity, the Supernatural franchise, the Ouija and its sequel and so on), they all have basically the same plot, which is either "family moving to a house that it's clearly haunted and doing nothing about it until it's too late" or "single mom gets one more problem by being haunted by ghosts". I guess every decade reaches a saturation point when it comes to tropes: the slashers of the 70s and 80s, the "dumb teenagers being hunted by serial killers" of the late 90s and early 2000s, bad American remakes of Asian horror of the late 2000s... I just hope it goes away soon.

Posted

the new cats trailer is trash. 

trailer trash. 

get it?

Posted

trailer trash. 

get it?

Image result for put that thing back where it came from

Posted

context- (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnhub9-KLsE)

Shane wearing that old ass ripped shirt ain't cute or humble, he just looks dirty and looks like he really stinks. I know he makes $$$ and i'd rather he just enjoy and indulge in that because this is visually repulsive when I know full well he could get anything where as other people could not.

Posted

People who think Oujia boards are dangerous are so fucking dumb.

Posted

trailer trash. 

get it?

People need to stop turning musicals into movies. Not every musical that is amazing needs to be a movie. 

Posted

Dunno if this actually unpopular buut Princess was such a lackluster film out of the Disney princess movies. It wasnt horrible but it just wasnt memorable (doesnt help that Tiana is barely promoted) and there wasnt anything that made me want to watch it again. I liked Tiana as a character but its pretty clear to me Disney just created so they can say they have black princess and don't have to bother to create another one. And in a more in a general statement, if Disney had it  their way they probably even bother with being "diverse" at all if it didn't mean severely limiting their audience pool (but of course now they are doing the lazy way by changing the race of popular characters buut).  Which actually doesnt bother me, I just dont want half baked films that are only there to pander.

Posted (edited)

I think that joe keery is underrated in terms of heartthrobs tbh, or it could just be me lol.

Edited by Dumbbubblegumcrisis