• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6441 posts in this topic

Posted

im not tired of otr and i dont think i will ever be

Posted

Americans are so self centered, they really think they are the center of the world, when you swear in English online they say you are acting AAVE, when you tan you want to be black, if they dictate something thats it, well bitch no, I talk like this cause I'm Spanish and we swear a lot (In every Spanish speaking country at that), people tan cause they go to the beach and like to stay in the sun and Idc if you dont like something or feel offended, if I like it I will keep it.

Posted (edited)

Speaking of eboys/girls (from my last comment about them here lol) I don’t take ppl seriously if they follow a lot of those types of ppl. Especially in a relationship because I can tell they already have low standards lmfao

Edited by cheesecake

Posted

It's interesting how you say in European people get judged based on nationality and not race. It's interesting because many European countries colonized Asian, Middle Eastern and African Countries (Berlin Conference) not too long ago. In fact many of them are as influential and industrialized as they are because of their colonialism. Many European countries didn't even decolonize until the mid or late 20th century. I heard that neo-nazism is on the rise over there too : https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/world/white-extremist-terrorism-christchurch.html

In fact whitensss is idolized in Asian countries: https://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/health/asian-beauty/index.html

And many European countries have racist traditions : https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/12/black-pete-christmas-zwarte-piet-dutch/

https://www.enar-eu.org/Speech-on-Afrophobia-in-Europe-at-the-EU-high-level-group-on-combating-racism

Just because there are tons of black people in Latin America doesn't mean there isn't any race issues. Actually there is a ton of anti-blackness:

https://www.latinorebels.com/2018/12/03/antiblackness/     

https://afropunk.com/2018/01/anti-blackness-latinx-countries-systemic-reinforced-deliberate-cultural-policy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5uF2ps2smM This link talks about a slave themed type party that happened in Brazil

Brightening of the skin is just a showcase of colorism, which is a subgenre of racism.The hate towards darkskin is rooted in anti-blackness.

And you say it's extreme to take everything away? Well maybe they should have thought about that before they literally did the same thing to native South Africans that lived there. Millions of black South Africans live in poverty still and remains of apartheid still influence life in South Africa. It's must be a blessing to be able to ignorant of the racism that is very much alive all over the world

That will be the last time that I speak about this topic here:

Yeah a few European countries colonized Africa (and we get thaught about it in school a lot and it is still a big issue. Germany has announced to pay their few colonies a lot of money as an apology). You seem to forget that it was not only Europe, but Turkey, China, Japan etc. as well. I mean at least Europe realized that the colonizing of Africa (and other parts of the world for GB etc.) was wrong. I know it won't bring anyone back, but how is it fair to hold people like this generation, which already apoligised and pays money, responsible when they never did it? How much hate does one has to have always bring it up, even if everything possible is being done to make up for it? The people, who did this will never pay for it because they are dead and those, who were victims of it are also dead. And those with colonies until the middle of the 20th century aren't even liked well in Europe. Even their own younger people hate them for doing it.

also you heard that neo-nazism rises here: It rises quite minimal here and (I am really not defending them) it almost only does because of a certain mindset from a quite different culture, because from this certain culture, where woman are not worth much, a lot of cases with raping and mudering girls (and I mean it was even proved with DNA-test that it was them) happened. Of course not all did it and only a minority did it, but people felt threatened after giving them a place far away from war and that such things happen. I am not excusing any crimes and attacks they did, but as it was stated in the article it is "8 percent of all attacks in these regions". Fun fact in Germany every attack, which can't be put in the categories left, islamic, right etc. will get put into the statistic es a right winged one. Also the munich terror was actually an iran immigrant, who suddenly gave up his muslim name and thought he was Hitler's soulmate, because they were born on the same day, so in other words he was really mentally sick(and hated bis own people and parents), just like actually everyone is, who murders someone. I find it stupid to put only the crimes of neo-nazis/anti-muslim/anti-jewish here, when overall the crime rate in Europe rised. Most of the anti-muslim crimes are rather "revenge" for the scandals they anger people here. I DON'T find it right to do it and I don't want to excuse it, I just want to explain where the rised rate came from and the mentality of those people, who commit those crimes.

The terror attacks in Barcelona, Berlin, Paris and other German/Swedish/French cities didn't helped to keep it down. Again I am not excusing their hate, but literally after the attacks in Berlin and Paris these certain people in their own country said that it is "what they deserve and that all atheists etc. must die". That's why I take that article with a grain of salt, because right now people fight each other with hate. Only looking at statistics and not of the causes is pretty monotone. Again I can't support anyone fighting hate with hate, but to say that the rise in crimes against non-europeans is because suddenly all Europeans are racist is wrong. I know you didn't say that, but it was a hyperboly.

also about the tradition: they showed ignorance, because it wasn't seen as a bad portray and now they took action and won't allow it to happen beginning from next years. This was rather stereotypical and not racist. I skimmed the article.

And again with Asia: They also discriminate white people and again they like paler skin because of the rich & poor thing I described before. So please get it in your head that not only black people are discriminated there and that paler skin isn't white skin for them. 

also sorry to say this but do you actually only search for negative article, where some victimize themselves way more? This article here https://www.enar-eu.org/Speech-on-Afrophobia-in-Europe-at-the-EU-high-level-group-on-combating-racism is honestly over drawing everything. I have 2 black friends and they literally even said that they weren't ever victims of racism and only of stereotyping and said that they were doing it themselves and while it sometimes can be annoying, it is fine for them. I am not denying that in Europe there are racists and that those attacks happened, but the way it is portrait seems like daily someone gets beat up for their skin colour in every country. That's just not true. Also with Lybia: it often gets dicussed in the media that it is horrible and the EU also dicusses it again and again, but the EU is in a lot of things incompetent. Also why does there need to be a special place only for Africans to report racism? It would separate them from others in not a good way. Again I am not saying racism doesn't exist here, but due to 15 million only living in Europe (513 million) I honestly doubt that those, who responded to this organisation is the average African person and are almost only the ones, which experienced racism. Please read threads in Reddit, where African people literally say that they don't get judged in Europe because of their skin colour like they were in the US and that nationality matters more here.

And again I don't live in Latin-America so I won't say anything to it. 

That's rich of you to say that it is okay to steal everything from a person away as long as it is a white person and it profits black people. It wasn't okay to take that land away from the black farmers, but they are literally doing the same thing and fight hate with hate by not even giving them enough to survive. Imagine that there are also probably a few young farmers (for example 18 years old, who weren't alive during the Apartheid), where the parents did cruel things and not themselves and they get made to be a beggar for their parents actions. I doubt as a white person they can work there as a clerk etc. there.They would always get beat up due to the hate after the Apartheid, if they even get a job... A girl in my class was half a year there and lived by another white girl and they literally weren't allowed to step outside without traveling in a car to protect them from the hate towards white people.

Again I am not denying racism, but honestly stop excusing cruel actions just because of others cruel actions. Everyone, who was responsible for the Apartheid should be put in prison, but not mudered. And everyone, who is innocent like the younger children of them shouldn't pay for their parents crimes and shouldn't be made into a homeless person. The whole live has to change there of course so that both are equal, but by making white people as homeless as black ones there, won't help with the Problem. That is why I said take a huge amount of the innocent ones away so that they can survive and share the land to other homeless people equally. What is wrong with not letting the young innocent ones suffer for their parents crimes?

To be honest I get the feeling like you hate everyone, who isn't black or at least think that every non-black person is a racist. I also want to say that one can make themselves the victim, but while being it, they can't break free of it. Yes, black people were and in some parts are still discriminated, but complaining and not wanting to see that others are also discriminated will make nothing better. Black people are a majority in the world, do you honestly think that black people can't be racist? That non-blacks can't be discriminated in Africa? 

Rather than searching for everything that is wrong and only seeing it, try to see that black people living in Europe have a way different experience. Of course here are also racists, but sadly those will exist anywhere. In a few decades racism won't be that much of a problem world wide, but it is not possible in just one day

Posted

Hi all! 

Just wanted to put forward that debate is absolutely welcome here. I love seeing cited analysis & good arguments. PULL is here to be a place of free speech and discussion. If you post in a thread for unpopular opinions, you know you might ruffle feathers, so discussion is expected and mods won't interfere unless it gets out of hand.

So, please make sure to keep from personal attacks and *taking* things as personal attacks, that's where we draw a line. We're all here to have a good time, please keep it civil!

Posted

I made a post similar to this but I'm just throwing this out there and this is the last time i will say anything about this:

Some americans (african Americans included here) need to chill out with that self centered superiority complex they have. The world doesn't revolve around you guys as much as you would like to believe.

Yes elements from your country influenced parts of the world and the world and subcultures but a majority of other countries is what influenced yours. Your influence is not as great as as you think it is either, its usually minor pieces that were used as inspiration and given a creative twist. A few things that you guys think you started actually existed for centuries and you did nothing but change a minor part to them.

Your race/culture and influences are cool, but not nearly great enough that everyone in the modern world wants to drop everything they know and try to be a carbon copy of you. I don't care if this offends anyone either, that superiority complex needs to be put to rest.

Posted

Americans are so self centered, they really think they are the center of the world, when you swear in English online they say you are acting AAVE, when you tan you want to be black, if they dictate something thats it, well bitch no, I talk like this cause I'm Spanish and we swear a lot (In every Spanish speaking country at that), people tan cause they go to the beach and like to stay in the sun and Idc if you dont like something or feel offended, if I like it I will keep it.

yes us Americans can be self centered, but in all honesty it was seriously that one person who just went off on here that ruined it 😒there I said it 

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I didn't say only black people get discriminated in Asia, I said that there is alot of anti blackness in their culture. Anti blackness hurts not only black people but all people, because it targets those who are closer in proximity (in terms of appearance) to blackness like being dark skinned. 

Besides that I just dislike when there's no equity. The white people who live in S.Africa benefit off of the colonialism and it's fucked up. They make up the smallest population, but they still are the ones who own majority of the land. And sometimes, you gotta say fuck em. And so what if their land is being taken, or that some are becoming homeless. And don't act like the black S.Africans have no reason at all to hate the white S.Africans. White S. Africans are a living reminder of the colonization of their home. In one of those articles I sent you, it said that White S. Africans even have an exclusive town only for white Afrikkans speaking S. Africans.

And no, I don't hate non black people. I am a mixed black girl. It just pisses me off that black people have been treated like dirt for hundreds of years and continue to be. And other countries or people have anti-black aspects of their culture and when they're called out they, A) Don't care or B) defend their antiblackness. And when black people have to deal with bullshit like Apartheid or slavery and then it get abolished we want to reclaim retribution or get back what is owed to us, we have to deal with the stuff you're saying "it's not our fault, it's our ancestors. Even though we've treated you like shit, put you in a bad socioeconomic situation, and most of the wealth (or/and power) we have is because our ancestors either stole or forced you to give it to them. And we still want keep it, so pull yourselves up by the boot straps and figure it out. :)" that's bs to think that after hundreds of years and continued bs, black people shouldn't demand the things their owed and that stolen property should stay with the descendents of the theives who stole it. 

Edited by NotASwan

Posted (edited)

I made a post similar to this but I'm just throwing this out there and this is the last time i will say anything about this:

Some americans (african Americans included here) need to chill out with that self centered superiority complex they have. The world doesn't revolve around you guys as much as you would like to believe.

Yes elements from your country influenced parts of the world and the world and subcultures but a majority of other countries is what influenced yours. Your influence is not as great as as you think it is either, its usually minor pieces that were used as inspiration and given a creative twist. A few things that you guys think you started actually existed for centuries and you did nothing but change a minor part to them.

Your race/culture and influences are cool, but not nearly great enough that everyone in the modern world wants to drop everything they know and try to be a carbon copy of you. I don't care if this offends anyone either, that superiority complex needs to be put to rest.

hey, Its funny how we are on an unpopular opinion forum and you attack me and throw shade at me. If you have a problem you can dm me. Just cause my opinions don't align with yours gives you no right to disrespect me. 

I elaboratate on my opinion and you start just being rude. To me it sounds like you have the complex. No one said anything about carbon copies or the world revolving around black culture. You also have the audacity to say that our influence isn't as big as we think, but if https://www.crresearch.com/black-history-month-pop-culture 

lmao I'm autistic and I get "wow I didn't even notice/you don't look like it" comments. It's like.... no, I'm actually acting pretty autistic, it's just that YOU don't actually know what that means because you have no idea what real autistic people act like.
Autistic people can of course be "retarded" (I'm don't actually know a non-offensive way to say it...?) AS WELL. But it's not part of the autistic diagnosis. It's like how someone can be born with just one leg and also be lesbian. They're different things that can occur at the same time.

oh, I never knew that. Is the show, The Good Doctor, a good representation of autistic people?

How do you " act AAVE" ? (since AAVE means African American Vernacular English)

Edited by NotASwan

Posted

Sorry that it got so out of hand. I ignored this user so I won't respond anymore there.

Another unpopular opinion:

Cheerleaders are useless

Posted (edited)

Citing Biased news articles doesnt help with provding proof because people will change wording and situations based on their political agenda, money, and based on their viewer demographic. If you want to bring good sources make sure to look at websites that arent biased or use biased websites of both sides and multiple different websites from different countries talking about the issue. There are a ton of international news articles that have them in english talking about world news. I think focusing on news that focus on your political agenda is toxic and not open minded to what other people think. Even if you agree or disagree it's always to good to get multiple sides of the story.

MW-GE557_MediaB_20180228115701_NS.jpg

Edited by Secret Haven

Posted

Just because someone is into cross dressing or wearing clothes that aren't typical for their gender (ie a girl wearing traditionally masculine clothes/male wearing traditionally feminine clothes) doesn't mean that they are trans or have any sort of gender dysphoria/gender identity issues. If a guy wants to wear a skirt that doesn't mean he's gay or trans, all it literally means is that he just wants to wear a skirt. This notion that cross-dressers are closeted trans/nonbinary people just reinforces gender stereotypes, clothes don't have gender. 

Most of the 'pale people problems' posts I see aren't that big of a deal, for the record I'm pale and I get posting about things that impact your self-esteem (like people saying you look sick/look better if you tan etc) because they're actual problems, but it's honestly 95% of the time just girls who can't blend their foundation or don't know their undertone complaining because they can't find their foundation match. Also, most "nude" clothes like bras and panties probably will only match like 0.01% of people anyway, that isn't a problem exclusive to pale people.

I wish people would realise that there are more than 2 dialects of English and stop trying to ""correct"" my spelling or my pronunciation. 

I don't get how fishing is a sport. 

Posted

-Billie eilish isn't "hot" bc 1) she's seventeen, a freaking minor so sexualizing her is really weird and gross 2) she literally looks like a normal teenaged girl. She's not ugly but definitely not anything above adverage imo.

-Your family can be one of the main reasons you're insecure.

-People (mainly fake woke teenaged girls) on tumblr only care about trans folk (mainly trans men) only if they can fetishize them and don't look too masculine. 

-Twitter is only ok for memes. Most of the users are pretentious know it alls.

-chocolate ice cream is gross. Same with strawberry ice cream.

-Confetti cake is the best kind of cake.

-Fish aren't boring pets.

-A guy voicing that he isn't comfortable with his gf posting lewds on social media isn't "controlling" or "insecure". Men are allowed to have set boundries just as much as women are and his boundries should be respected, or at least meet him half way. As long as he isn't being a twat, its totally fine.

- I'm over seeing plus sized fashion bloggers complaining that skinnier ones only get attention bc they're thin, that they have zero fashion sense and how they deserve to be more popular. Most of the thinner ones supporters are around the same size as them, of course they follow them for tips on how to cordinate outfits that fit their particular body type bc for some it can be difficult. Plus, some plus sized bloggers outfits are usually not something to wear on a regular day. A bodysuit with fishnets,a  fur coat and heels can be cute...but where would you wear that at? I admire the confidence but most look for something easily styled for casual wear.

-Pixie cuts only fit certain facial structures. Same with shaved heads and bobs. It won't look good on everyone.

-I honestly see vegan people get shamed for their diets more than vegans shame meat eaters.

Posted

I honestly can't understand how someone is nonbinary, I tolerate that of course, but I can't find any logic in it. To understand it I asked a friend, who calls herself that and she literally said "she doesn't act like a girl and dresses like one" and I said to her that there isn't a correct way to act as a girl and she doesn't have to say that she is nonbinary, just because she is not a stereotypical girl just like a lot of girls aren't. She is really insecure and doesn't really have an own identity and after watching YouTube videos with nonbinary people (especially girls) a lot of them seem to base it on not being stereotypical their gender and also liking things their other gender likes sterotypical. A lot of them seem actually to be insecure?

I really try to understand it, but I think a lot of people, who claim they are it, are not nonbinary. I am willing to listen to anyone explaining it to me 

Posted

yes us Americans can be self centered, but in all honesty it was seriously that one person who just went off on here that ruined it 😒there I said it 

I dont mean only in this forum tho but overall internet.