• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6814 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by ---

Posted

I can't stand self-hating weebs/otaku/fans of shit. Maybe it's just because I'm old and already went through that phase where I was ashamed of being super passionate about nerdy stuff and then came to realize that, rather than making me more comfortable with myself by hiding it and pretending I didn't like anything dorky, it made me uncomfortable and unhappy to do so. IMO there is nothing wrong with being open and excited about the shit you like, even if it's shit that isn't ~cool or ~popular. I'd rather spend time any day of the week with someone who wants to talk excitedly and happily about their random obscure interests and hobbies than with someone who just shits on stuff 24/7 and pretends to not like anything. There is nothing more annoying than being with someone who polices the way or capacity in which you like things or talk about things or dress or idek what else. 

Just let yourself like the shit you like and I promise you'll be so much less miserable without that stick up your ass.

Posted (edited)

People are so obsessed with breasts mostly because our media over sexualise them. Sadly many people fail to realise how much our thoughts/self image can be influenced by it because it is mostly unconcious.

People go around and say ´´Omg not true when we were cavemen blabla´´ I´m not saying there isn´t any sexual attraction towards breasts and that it is seen as sexual in many cultures. pretty much any part of the body can hold sexual attraction depending on the individual, but a big part of the appeal in female breasts is simply because the media overhypes the importance/sexuality of them. not to mention the importance that the media puts on ´´round perky breast´´as a sign of ´´true femininity´´ and anything that is not round and perky is a ´´wrong´´ breast. even though I know from gym shower classes alone that even in young women the ones that have perfect round perky breasts are far from the majority. and the variety in breasts is HUGE.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

• I hate when tv programs only showcase black women with wigs, 3c or > hair types, or straight hair. I think black women can wear whatever hair we want, but in media their's only been the unrealistic hair narrative being shown. Like I haven't seen black girls wearing their hair scarves to sleep
  • I support rape victims majority of the time and I try to believe them, it's just harder for me to believe white women accusing black men due to the historical implications or their accusations. I remember growing up hearing of Emmett till, George Stinney, The Central Park Five, Louis Till, Birth of A Nation (one of the very first films to exist ) and etc... 
  • College and other higher education should be free. More citizens getting educated leads to more people joining the workforce. And more people working would mean a more socioeconomically prosperous society, right

just saying these points are rather only in your country a problem

- I don't I have ever seen a black girl wear a wig or a lot of them wearing straight hair in the media in my country

- I don't want to justify it, but wasn't the real raper in the case of the Central Park Five also black and just one person? You should edit your comment and only state the other examples, but from what I heard the imprisonment of those five really wasn't justified. Also I don't think the rape victim ever said she remebered her raper, so please don't mention her case. The police wanted to blame someone and accused them wrong, not the victim

- College again is only so expensive in the US. Probably because so much graduate high school there (through easier exams). Often in other countries not even 50 percent graduate there from high school because no country needs 80 percent academics and only 20 percent of people graduating from middle school, which have to do the majority of jobs. The ones, who sadly lose through this are poor people

Posted

It's annoying hearing Europeans talk about how they're not racist. The Romani would probably say otherwise but pop off. I'm not saying that America isn't weird about race. There was an article bitching about an athlete who had their skin darkened when the whole picture was, for fuck's sake. We do seem to look at it a lot more. Why exactly, I don't know. It is weird. There's probably other people who think so, too.

I don't want to see any of the remakes of Disney. The only one I'd watch is maybe Mulan? Strictly for the costumes. I don't have a fuck to give about how they butcher the storyline.

Lots of people bitch about (insert group here) thinking they're a hive mind/collective and turn around and do the same thing. Why? Are they dumb?

Posted

It's annoying hearing Europeans talk about how they're not racist. The Romani would probably say otherwise but pop off. I'm not saying that America isn't weird about race. There was an article bitching about an athlete who had their skin darkened when the whole picture was, for fuck's sake. We do seem to look at it a lot more. Why exactly, I don't know. It is weird. There's probably other people who think so, too.

I don't want to see any of the remakes of Disney. The only one I'd watch is maybe Mulan? Strictly for the costumes. I don't have a fuck to give about how they butcher the storyline.

Lots of people bitch about (insert group here) thinking they're a hive mind/collective and turn around and do the same thing. Why? Are they dumb?

It can be argued that PULL itself is a hivemind.

Posted

I wish we had downvotes back. Whiteknighting is a problem but what's the fun if we can't downvote whiteknights that come into threads?

Posted

Any kboo fetishizing korean men would stop if they were fluent in korean and read ilbe for an hour. People who fetishize korean men are very out of reality and think all korean men act like their favorite idols or kdrama characters. 

Im fine with radfeminism and happy feminism is rising in my country but sad about the terf undertones of the movements and the fact that this would count as an unpopular opinion to many.

Koreans will throw a fit if someone is racist towards asians or xenophobic towards koreans but will have no problem kkkk-ing at racist jokes and accuse others of overreacting when their racism is brought up. I also hate it when feminists claim it’s just the hannam. 

I hate samsung and how the samsung family is  looked up to. 

I hate how this society will kill any kind of individuality that’s not profitable 

call me sensitive if you want to but I hate seeing people making fucked up jokes about north korea

Posted

-Hardening your emotions isn't good but being overly emotional isn't a good thing either.

-I don't think spanking a kid is abuse but in some cases i find it unnecessary for some.

-parents who think they're owed thanks and repayment for birthing a kid and taking care of them up until adulthood are weird. Why would you expect to be repayed for doing what you're supposed to do? 

-men who walk up to women they don't know and tell them to smile are the biggest creeps.

-A lot of parents and relatives bully their children into respecting them simply bc they know they have no control in life except for their kids and it pisses them off. 

-It is perfectly fine to not sympathize or empathize with your abusive parents. You don't have to forgive them, let them in your life or anything. You owe them nothing, their past trauma is not an excuse for how you were treated. Don't let society gaslight you into thinking otherwise.

-Might sound rude but no one is obligated to give up their seats on public transportation. There are seats designated for elders, women with kids and pregnant women, so don't waddle to the back and pitch a fit if you see me sitting by the window and my very heavy bag of books is occupying the one next to me. Piss off.

Posted

I hate the bitchy love rival troupe in otome games where she only exists to make the MC look good and the guy more attractive. 

Posted

youtube hot-takes:

-honest is really unlikeable

-i still don't trust slazo

Posted

youtube hot-takes:

-honest is really unlikeable

-i still don't trust slazo

I like honest but i don't like the fact that he always talks in a strange monotone. He has ok content but the way he talks makes him seem very dull and boring

Posted

lmao I'm autistic and I get "wow I didn't even notice/you don't look like it" comments. It's like.... no, I'm actually acting pretty autistic, it's just that YOU don't actually know what that means because you have no idea what real autistic people act like.
Autistic people can of course be "retarded" (I'm don't actually know a non-offensive way to say it...?) AS WELL. But it's not part of the autistic diagnosis. It's like how someone can be born with just one leg and also be lesbian. They're different things that can occur at the same time.

I mostly mean how society literally thinks that all people who are autistic are low functioning. I'm also autistic and people always try to make it an insult to me like I'm low functioning without me knowing i.e "what are you autistic lol". I'm high functioning and when I tell people I'm autistic I always get the whole "wow I could never tell your so normal" ect.

Posted

I said less racist, because the US is freaking obsessed with it. And Europeans judge by nationality waaaayyy more. I agree that Roma are judged really hard. They are actually the most discriminated ones in Europe

Posted

Even if they owned it through Apartheid isn't it still extreme to just take everything away? Instead of taking like 95 percent away. Also what racism in Europe? I live there and it is a small issue. Again in Europe you get judged by your nationality/culture not your skin color. And where in Europe are they systematically discrimianted. Don't say an east European country because they dislike everyone who isn't east European. PS: French people love themselves the most and even try to never speak english so they don't count

Also in Europe I have never met a black person, who finds the black face offensive as long as it isn't in a bad way. Somehow it is a way bigger hheme in the US.

Also please don't mention Asia. In Asia you are dicriminated even if you are asian. East asian discriminated south east ones etc. They are most likely ignorant and discriminate white people also as much. In Asia skin whitening is to make their own skin colour to appeal brigheter, because in their history the dark skinned people were farmers and poor and the fair skinned were rich, because they didn't have to work in the sun.  

I can't talk about latin countries, because I have never been there, but aren't a lot of people black there?

Three people from my school were a year in the US and were also called these things. They even asked how it is like to live under Hitler etc. Just what do you learn in history in the US? All 3 were in different states...

It's interesting how you say in European people get judged based on nationality and not race. It's interesting because many European countries colonized Asian, Middle Eastern and African Countries (Berlin Conference) not too long ago. In fact many of them are as influential and industrialized as they are because of their colonialism. Many European countries didn't even decolonize until the mid or late 20th century. I heard that neo-nazism is on the rise over there too : https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/world/white-extremist-terrorism-christchurch.html

In fact whitensss is idolized in Asian countries: https://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/health/asian-beauty/index.html

And many European countries have racist traditions : https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/12/black-pete-christmas-zwarte-piet-dutch/

https://www.enar-eu.org/Speech-on-Afrophobia-in-Europe-at-the-EU-high-level-group-on-combating-racism

Just because there are tons of black people in Latin America doesn't mean there isn't any race issues. Actually there is a ton of anti-blackness:

https://www.latinorebels.com/2018/12/03/antiblackness/     

https://afropunk.com/2018/01/anti-blackness-latinx-countries-systemic-reinforced-deliberate-cultural-policy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5uF2ps2smM This link talks about a slave themed type party that happened in Brazil

Brightening of the skin is just a showcase of colorism, which is a subgenre of racism.The hate towards darkskin is rooted in anti-blackness.

And you say it's extreme to take everything away? Well maybe they should have thought about that before they literally did the same thing to native South Africans that lived there. Millions of black South Africans live in poverty still and remains of apartheid still influence life in South Africa. It's must be a blessing to be able to ignorant of the racism that is very much alive all over the world