• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6449 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't understand why Taylor R is a snowflake with even his own section ,she's boring af 

Posted

being gay/bi isn't a personality trait

Posted

Bratz is and was and always will be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than barbie. 

People don't have to like your fucking weird fetish, stop trying to act like a fucking victim whenever someone says that they think your particular fetish is gross or puts them off. 

I hate how whenever there is a German or Russian character in any western media they're almost always potrayed as either a sex object or as a villain.

Monochromatic people (people who only own one colour items) sound really boring.  

Posted

- You don't have to be gay or trans to be able to see what is and what isn't homophobic/transphobic. 

-You being a minority doesn't give you a right of passage to deem everything you personally dont like or agree with as a direct attack against you. 

-open relationships are for people with all types of commitment issues.

-A lot of Instagram models are adverage to below adverage looking girls who are good at makeup and follow basic fashion trends. 

-Being obsessed with plants isn't a personality trait.

-cult classic movies will forever be superior to the movies that are coming out today. 

-tim burton movies are overrated asf. The aesthetic is cool but thats about it

Posted

Maybe it’s because of the whole egirl/boy culture but as a girl, I’m super sus of any girl who has their profile pic as dva or ahri especially in places like discord where incel dudes are rampant

Posted

there are way too many spiderman movies

Posted

there are way too many spiderman movies

They had to keep on remaking them til they made an actual good one

Posted

Eating disorders are one of the worst mental illnesses.

BED should be more recognized as an ED

Posted

Well yeah, what those white farmers is terrible, but those white people in South Africa only owned the land they did because of colonialism. Like their ancestors literally stole the land then enslaves the natives there. So what would you do if someone came to your home, forced you out, then claimed it as their own, then passed your home onto their children and then those kids passed it down to their kids and so on? You would want your home back right? It's only retribution. And even though white people make up a small percent of the South African Population, the ones with the most power (socially, economically, or politically) would be white south Africans. 

"According to a 2017 government audit, 72 percent of the nation's private farmland is owned by white people, who make up 9 percent of the population. The organization Afriforum claims that 24% of South African land is owned by the state and 34,5% is owned by black people."

To add on, just because apartheid ended, there is still unofficial official racism and segregation in S. Africa.  Here some links: 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosiegray/south-africans-hate-racism-love-dogs

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/south-african-minority-alleges-racism-sets-white-only-town-190505073821985.html

https://theconversation.com/paper-by-south-african-academics-raises-spectre-of-racism-in-the-academy-116612

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46071479

And many countries look at or discriminate based on skin color. Many countries have colorist or anti-black cultures. An example would be the popularity of skin-whitening products in Asian countries or the anti-blackness in Latin Countries, or the blatant racism in European countries. This is an article about Sam Okyere, a popular black man who lives in Korea, talk about how he was shocked by the racism there :https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/sam-okyere-opens-up-about-the-racism-he-faced-in-korea-his-nickname-black-hyung

I remember in China they did blackface in a play that was suppose to portray the trading relations between China and some African country:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-43081218

Skin color is important in the US because white people assigned our value with skin color and built a government + society where skin color and race means life or death. Race is imbued in our society

wow, thats wild. If you don't mind, what state do you live in?

Even if they owned it through Apartheid isn't it still extreme to just take everything away? Instead of taking like 95 percent away. Also what racism in Europe? I live there and it is a small issue. Again in Europe you get judged by your nationality/culture not your skin color. And where in Europe are they systematically discrimianted. Don't say an east European country because they dislike everyone who isn't east European. PS: French people love themselves the most and even try to never speak english so they don't count

Also in Europe I have never met a black person, who finds the black face offensive as long as it isn't in a bad way. Somehow it is a way bigger hheme in the US.

Also please don't mention Asia. In Asia you are dicriminated even if you are asian. East asian discriminated south east ones etc. They are most likely ignorant and discriminate white people also as much. In Asia skin whitening is to make their own skin colour to appeal brigheter, because in their history the dark skinned people were farmers and poor and the fair skinned were rich, because they didn't have to work in the sun.  

I can't talk about latin countries, because I have never been there, but aren't a lot of people black there?

Three people from my school were a year in the US and were also called these things. They even asked how it is like to live under Hitler etc. Just what do you learn in history in the US? All 3 were in different states...

Posted

Stop infighting and take it to PMs instead of being tards.

Posted

Monochromatic people (people who only own one colour items) sound really boring.  

i'm one of those people, i dress mainly in black and white and my reasoning for that is that i can't coordinate colors for shit lol (which is my own fault) and i dont wanna leave the house looking like a clown. but besides that, to me dressing in one color/solid colors only looks a lot more put together and idk,, classy lol. but im probably biased (but u can dress in one color and still look like a clown so..)

Posted (edited)

i'm one of those people, i dress mainly in black and white and my reasoning for that is that i can't coordinate colors for shit lol (which is my own fault) and i dont wanna leave the house looking like a clown. but besides that, to me dressing in one color/solid colors only looks a lot more put together and idk,, classy lol. but im probably biased (but u can dress in one color and still look like a clown so..)

One thing that can help is learning complimentary colors. Primary colors look good together in general, but otherwise, complimentary colors are opposite of eachother on the color wheel. Pairing neutral shades with colors can look good too, (brown with blue, pink and black, white with green etc) 

sorry for color sperging lol

Edited by Va1entine

Posted

unpopular opinion and a fact: Autism is horribly betrayed in the media (Except for that 1 netflix show) most of the time they make people who have autism seem like they are mentally handicap and can't function in regular society without someone to help them. It makes me sick having people think that anyone with autism is just someone who is mentally retarded almost and not a functional person when infact there are plenty of high-functioning autists who live their day to day life normally.

lmao I'm autistic and I get "wow I didn't even notice/you don't look like it" comments. It's like.... no, I'm actually acting pretty autistic, it's just that YOU don't actually know what that means because you have no idea what real autistic people act like.

Autistic people can of course be "retarded" (I'm don't actually know a non-offensive way to say it...?) AS WELL. But it's not part of the autistic diagnosis. It's like how someone can be born with just one leg and also be lesbian. They're different things that can occur at the same time.

Posted (edited)

It's not mainly dressing in one colour that I find boring, it's more so the people who only own one colour, like the Pink Lady of Hollywood who only eats pink food, dyes her dog pink, only owns pink furnature, only wears pink,etc. 

Edited by Sparklefist

Posted

It's not mainly dressing in one colour that I find boring, it's more so the people who only own one colour, like the Pink Lady of Hollywood who only eats pink food, dyes her dog pink, only owns pink furnature, only wears pink,etc. 

Jesus fucking christ, don't remind me. I get that she's just having fun but I'd get sick of the color real quick.