• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6063 posts in this topic

Posted

- I find people, who want to be called they/this/it stupid, because it sounds like they are putting themselves down 

- Racism towards white people exist

- Racism seems to be the worst in the US (considering you get shot if you have the wrong colour)

- I hate peanut butter

- Nobody outside of the US cares for the Kardashians

- I hate hearing about certain American artists/actors even though they are not popular in my country

- People today are almost all snowflakes & through being over-sensitive they block equality from happening

- I hate it when influencers launch products

- I like eating bread with jam and nutella (it is wonderful sticky and sweet)

- I hate seeing Kpop in Western media (like it is a fetish) and especially don't want to hear about BTS anymore

- Todays children are ignorant, sadistic, whine always and are ungrateful

- I don't care what sexuality someone has. I don't want to hear it all the time and don't want to be conviced to have it

- I don't care about royals

- low paid jobs, where you work hard, are a crime and shouldn't be allowed, if they can't live with it normally

Posted (edited)

Tanning has NOTHING to do with blackness, plus black people are not the only ones with dark/deep skin tones. People of other races tan quickly depending on the area (in central asia, you're pale asf in the winter and olive in the summer bc thats just how it is.) No one is trying to emmulate blackness unless they're blackfishing. 

You sound really dumb.

Did you read any of my other replies? I literally said it's different under circumstances where you are naturally darker or live in conditions where becoming darker/tanning is inevitable. I'm talking about people who are paper white, wearing foundation or getting tans to have the same complexion as milk chocolate or a paper bag. And what's the point in insulting me, when I'm just trying to elaborate on my opinion? It really shows your lack of manners how you jump to insult people when they don't agree with you. 

Also, how would you identify what is blackfishing, and what isn't? Is it when they start accepting black brand deals, or is it when they start darkening themselves? If not either of those, when is it considered blackfishing?

- Racism towards white people exist

- Racism seems to be the worst in the US (considering you get shot if you have the wrong colour)

What do you consider to be the definition of racism?

Edited by NotASwan

Posted

I don't think intersex belongs in the LGBT community. There are cis intersex people and trans intersex people. There are gay intersex people and straight intersex people. I'm having a hard time thinking of the right words to explain it, but I think they should have their own space unattached to all the other sexuality and gender discussion to address issues that specifically affect their group. 

Posted

Disney making Ariel black feels lazy, they rather change Ariel’s race rather than make a new black princess or make a film about Princess Tiana who is African American, not only that is one best written characters Disney has, she's is relatable and the character is very realistic compared to the others.

Now don't get shit fucked up I have no problem with Ariel being black after all she is a fucking fish but it just feels a little lazy.

The only reasons they did that are:

1- Pointless controversy. 

2-Diversity points. 

3- It's easier to change an established character than to make a new one. 

Posted

What do you consider to be the definition of racism?

As soon as you discriminate someone because of their skin color. It starts with acting different just because of ones skin color and it can end in the worst case with death. Why do you ask me that?

And no I am not a "whiny white teenage girl". I literally had people tell me to die because of my skin colour and grouping up against me wile making fun of me by spreading rumors, calling me names and calling me just because of my skin colour a racist and publishing my phone number on an adult site when I was 15

Posted

The Iranian law about being able to transition is a blessing for trans people but fucked up for people who are gay. People think its progressive and it is for people who actually identify as trans but people who want to be their biological gender and gay its a death sentence if they refuse it. You have to be forced to do the surgery if your gay even if you dont want to or its the death penalty because it is illegal to be gay in Iran. Also its not completely paid by the government even though it is a government required surgery. I wish people did more research about the subject before thinking that its a amazing thing, it is if your actually trans but hell if you identify as cis and gay

Posted

As soon as you discriminate someone because of their skin color. It starts with acting different just because of ones skin color and it can end in the worst case with death. Why do you ask me that?

And no I am not a "whiny white teenage girl". I literally had people tell me to die because of my skin colour and grouping up against me wile making fun of me by spreading rumors, calling me names and calling me just because of my skin colour a racist and publishing my phone number on an adult site when I was 15

Well I only asked because the definition can be subjective. My definition is based on equity. My definition is the same as my good sis Samantha White, Racism describes a systematic advantage or oppression based on race. Things that define racism would be race prejudice+social and institutional power or/and a white supremacist system.So racism to to me is a system of power that based on race. Black people can't be racist to me because we have never benefited from the the white supremacist system. If there a racial hierarchy, black people would probably be ranked on the bottom along with indigenous people, since historically speaking those are the most oppressed groups. White people can't experience racism, more like discrimination or prejudice, but never racism. Racism to me is a system built and made for white people.

And didn't think about your race when I asked you the question, many of my black friends or family have a similar outlook with you, I just wanted to know how you defined racism, cause it's all different.

I don't think intersex belongs in the LGBT community. There are cis intersex people and trans intersex people. There are gay intersex people and straight intersex people. I'm having a hard time thinking of the right words to explain it, but I think they should have their own space unattached to all the other sexuality and gender discussion to address issues that specifically affect their group. 

Well doesn't the LGBTQ+ community include those with different sexualities, genders and sex differences?

Posted (edited)

Well doesn't the LGBTQ+ community include those with different sexualities, genders and sex differences?

Sexuality, sure. Transitioning from one gender to another, yeah. All the new genders popping up and sex differences? I wouldn't count it, no, but there's people who would. I think the only things "everyone" would agree are LGBT(QIA+ or whatever else) are...L, G, B, and T. Adding nonbinary genders and a term as broad as intersex to the set complicates things.

Edited by Linquistic

Posted

More Unpopular Opinions!

• At this point equality is unrealistic, we should have equity and more people should promote it
  • I hate when tv programs only showcase black women with wigs, 3c or > hair types, or straight hair. I think black women can wear whatever hair we want, but in media their's only been the unrealistic hair narrative being shown. Like I haven't seen black girls wearing their hair scarves to sleep
  • I support rape victims majority of the time and I try to believe them, it's just harder for me to believe white women accusing black men due to the historical implications or their accusations. I remember growing up hearing of Emmett till, George Stinney, The Central Park Five, Louis Till, Birth of A Nation (one of the very first films to exist ) and etc... 
  • College and other higher education should be free. More citizens getting educated leads to more people joining the workforce. And more people working would mean a more socioeconomically prosperous society, right?
  • I could care less about veterans or the military. How can someone complain about the things they experienced overseas fighting/killing people, when they were the ones who signed up for it in the first place? Those part if the military take part in hateful and life destroying things towards the citizens of whatever country they're fighting. The US government spends about 600 Billion dollars (or more) on it which has more use for other things like paying for free education, or improving on it, or whatever. 
  • I am not patriotic. This country had an active hand in the pain and suffering of my people. And have yet to make up for it. I can't understand how people can love America despite how grimy it is. 

Posted

There hasn't been any good movies recently. Everything is either a reboot, a sequel, or mediocre at best. 

Posted

Well I only asked because the definition can be subjective. My definition is based on equity. My definition is the same as my good sis Samantha White, Racism describes a systematic advantage or oppression based on race. Things that define racism would be race prejudice+social and institutional power or/and a white supremacist system.So racism to to me is a system of power that based on race. Black people can't be racist to me because we have never benefited from the the white supremacist system. If there a racial hierarchy, black people would probably be ranked on the bottom along with indigenous people, since historically speaking those are the most oppressed groups. White people can't experience racism, more like discrimination or prejudice, but never racism. Racism to me is a system built and made for white people.

And didn't think about your race when I asked you the question, many of my black friends or family have a similar outlook with you, I just wanted to know how you defined racism, cause it's all different.

Even with this definition it is possible for white people to be discriminated. Look at all those articles about white farmers being killed in South Africa. Apartheid thank god ended, but now white farmers are also being disowned and left to beg. Nobody should beg. I really would like to say to you, that actually no to almost no country but the US finds it important what skin colour you have. Heck, I have never even seen a(n official) formular where you have to state your race like they do in the US. Other countries judge others because of their nationality, so from the beginning on there is less racism and rather nationalism (which the US has enough).

Never heard I ever of someone being discriminated else where, but in the US, for their natural hair

maybe because it's late or because as you noticed english isn't my mother tongue, but can you explain what you meant? I don't want to understand it wrong

There hasn't been any good movies recently. Everything is either a reboot, a sequel, or mediocre at best. 

Agree. Also I would never watch a reboot, it's like 90 percent the same and you have to pay money for something you already know. In addition it is boring to know what will happen. Especially with the Disney reboots

Posted

Even with this definition it is possible for white people to be discriminated. Look at all those articles about white farmers being killed in South Africa. Apartheid thank god ended, but now white farmers are also being disowned and left to beg. Nobody should beg. I really would like to say to you, that actually no to almost no country but the US finds it important what skin colour you have. Heck, I have never even seen a(n official) formular where you have to state your race like they do in the US. Other countries judge others because of their nationality, so from the beginning on there is less racism and rather nationalism (which the US has enough).

Never heard I ever of someone being discriminated else where, but in the US, for their natural hair

maybe because it's late or because as you noticed english isn't my mother tongue, but can you explain what you meant? I don't want to understand it wrong

Agree. Also I would never watch a reboot, it's like 90 percent the same and you have to pay money for something you already know. In addition it is boring to know what will happen. Especially with the Disney reboots

I'm white and I never had an issue with my skin color until I moved to the u.s. I was constantly being called a nazi or a jew killer ect. they would do the seig heil to me and put 2 fingers on their bottom nose to look like a hitler stache and call my family jew killing nazis (my family never even killed jews even during the war) for my whole life it got to the point people broke into my house because I was a german immigrant and also just constantly bullied me for being 'a little nazi' 'hitlers daughter' i dont think whites can have racism towards them but i do believe whites can be discriminated a lot 

Posted

Well yeah, what those white farmers is terrible, but those white people in South Africa only owned the land they did because of colonialism. Like their ancestors literally stole the land then enslaves the natives there. So what would you do if someone came to your home, forced you out, then claimed it as their own, then passed your home onto their children and then those kids passed it down to their kids and so on? You would want your home back right? It's only retribution. And even though white people make up a small percent of the South African Population, the ones with the most power (socially, economically, or politically) would be white south Africans. 

"According to a 2017 government audit, 72 percent of the nation's private farmland is owned by white people, who make up 9 percent of the population. The organization Afriforum claims that 24% of South African land is owned by the state and 34,5% is owned by black people."

To add on, just because apartheid ended, there is still unofficial official racism and segregation in S. Africa.  Here some links: 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosiegray/south-africans-hate-racism-love-dogs

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/south-african-minority-alleges-racism-sets-white-only-town-190505073821985.html

https://theconversation.com/paper-by-south-african-academics-raises-spectre-of-racism-in-the-academy-116612

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46071479

And many countries look at or discriminate based on skin color. Many countries have colorist or anti-black cultures. An example would be the popularity of skin-whitening products in Asian countries or the anti-blackness in Latin Countries, or the blatant racism in European countries. This is an article about Sam Okyere, a popular black man who lives in Korea, talk about how he was shocked by the racism there :https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/sam-okyere-opens-up-about-the-racism-he-faced-in-korea-his-nickname-black-hyung

I remember in China they did blackface in a play that was suppose to portray the trading relations between China and some African country:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-43081218

Skin color is important in the US because white people assigned our value with skin color and built a government + society where skin color and race means life or death. Race is imbued in our society

I'm white and I never had an issue with my skin color until I moved to the u.s. I was constantly being called a nazi or a jew killer ect. they would do the seig heil to me and put 2 fingers on their bottom nose to look like a hitler stache and call my family jew killing nazis (my family never even killed jews even during the war) for my whole life it got to the point people broke into my house because I was a german immigrant and also just constantly bullied me for being 'a little nazi' 'hitlers daughter' i dont think whites can have racism towards them but i do believe whites can be discriminated a lot 

wow, thats wild. If you don't mind, what state do you live in?

Posted (edited)

wow, thats wild. If you don't mind, what state do you live in?

I've moved around a lot (I'm not comfortable with saying the state but I lived in a lot of areas in the Atlantic and South)

unpopular opinion and a fact: Autism is horribly betrayed in the media (Except for that 1 netflix show) most of the time they make people who have autism seem like they are mentally handicap and can't function in regular society without someone to help them. It makes me sick having people think that anyone with autism is just someone who is mentally retarded almost and not a functional person when infact there are plenty of high-functioning autists who live their day to day life normally.

Edited by Secret Haven