• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7148 posts in this topic

Posted

Polyamorists are just emotionally unstable swingers who can't own up to it. Even if they have sex with everybody in their relationship group, they always end up preferring one person over the other partner/s. If they were in a monogamous relationship before that and their partner decides to stay, the polyamorist usually end up neglecting the first partner both sexually and emotionally just to focus on their new boy/girl toy.

I haven't watched any full episodes, but none of the trailers, excerpts or promotional articles I have seen have made me want to watch it fully. I wasn't surprised when I found out that it was produced by a 30+-year-old guy who thinks texting a 14 year old girl who he's not even related to about boy advice and inviting her out for dinner is totally not creepy (Drake and that girl from Stranger Things)

Can confirm had a mentally unstable landlady for a few months who wasn't comfortable with herself or her sexuality and thought polyamorist relationships were perfectly healthy and that she had been in one.

Posted

Queen Elizabeth is married to a cheating Nazi sympathizer racist, her family has a long history of being genociding colonizers who owned slaves at one point and stole other countries artifacts (stolen jewels and art) and even their own cousin's jewels! (Romanovs) on top of enabling this by keeping and wearing the jewels to this day, Obama literally killed thousands of innocent people and deported more Mexican immigrants than any other president and Winston Churchill viewed Indians as subhuman and enabled the deaths of millions of them. stop glorifying these people y'all are no better than the fascists you hate when you do this.

Posted

And comments like these, my friends, are why we need the downvotes back.

They were coming for me first. I didn't say anything rude to them and even tried to elaborate what I said, but they responded with negativity. Don't bash me if you can't take it back. 

Posted

Look at yours instead, damn, you all think tanning = wanting to be black. The lack of braincells I-

Why would I look at mine? And I only think that way because why would someone feel the need to go out of their way to darken themselves multiple shades darker than their  natural skin tone? Some people can't help their skin color, for example: laborers who work in hot/sunny climates, skin conditions like vitiligo, or being naturally darker skinned. But for those who darken themselves to the point where they are now are brown-skin or blackfishing, they want to look black. There is no reason to respond with rude language if I didn't hurt you first.

Posted

I haven't watched any full episodes, but none of the trailers, excerpts or promotional articles I have seen have made me want to watch it fully. I wasn't surprised when I found out that it was produced by a 30+-year-old guy who thinks texting a 14 year old girl who he's not even related to about boy advice and inviting her out for dinner is totally not creepy (Drake and that girl from Stranger Things)

Well couldn't he be like a "big brother" type figure in her life, like a role model. It sounds like you're sexualizing their relationship. We don't even know if her parents are monitoring the relationship. We also don't know if boy advice is the only thing that they talk about.

Posted

Polyamorists are just emotionally unstable swingers who can't own up to it. Even if they have sex with everybody in their relationship group, they always end up preferring one person over the other partner/s. If they were in a monogamous relationship before that and their partner decides to stay, the polyamorist usually end up neglecting the first partner both sexually and emotionally just to focus on their new boy/girl toy.

I know it's my own biased opinion, but I find polyamorists so gross. I've never seen a (conventionally) attractive person be into it. So my tinfoil-hat-theory is that it's based on (ugly-ish) people feeling insecure and some using that in others.

For example, people who think along the lines of "I'm not good enough on my own, so of course my partner needs another person as well..."
Or "I'm not really in love with this person but I like the convenience of being in a relationship so I'll stay and let them have another gf/bf as well"
And also people who think like "if I'm so ugly, then how come I have TWO people!? haha take that society"

Statistically, most relationships fail (as in they end). I don't know anyone into dating who doesn't have at least 1 ex, meaning even if they currently are in a relationship they only have a success rate of 50%. With 3 or more people it's soooo unlikely that they're all compatible on equal levels that there has to be some gross power inbalance involved...

Idk. I want to be an open minded person but I just can't stop feeling grossed out about it.

Posted (edited)

Well couldn't he be like a "big brother" type figure in her life, like a role model. It sounds like you're sexualizing their relationship. We don't even know if her parents are monitoring the relationship. We also don't know if boy advice is the only thing that they talk about.

No, questioning that a grown man is texting a girl who's less than half his age and who he's not even related to all the time, including about "boy advice which better stays in text messages" and to tell her how he misses her so much, and inviting her out for dinner is perfectly normal in this kind of situation. The mentality of a 14-year-old girl is very different from that of a 31-year-old man and if they weren't celebrities, people wouldn't be so easy-going about it.

I know it's my own biased opinion, but I find polyamorists so gross. I've never seen a (conventionally) attractive person be into it. So my tinfoil-hat-theory is that it's based on (ugly-ish) people feeling insecure and some using that in others.

For example, people who think along the lines of "I'm not good enough on my own, so of course my partner needs another person as well..."
Or "I'm not really in love with this person but I like the convenience of being in a relationship so I'll stay and let them have another gf/bf as well"
And also people who think like "if I'm so ugly, then how come I have TWO people!? haha take that society"

Statistically, most relationships fail (as in they end). I don't know anyone into dating who doesn't have at least 1 ex, meaning even if they currently are in a relationship they only have a success rate of 50%. With 3 or more people it's soooo unlikely that they're all compatible on equal levels that there has to be some gross power inbalance involved...

Idk. I want to be an open minded person but I just can't stop feeling grossed out about it.

That is true, especially when it comes to the first part. If you visit forums which target polyamorists, there is always a bunch of people saying they love their partner and are okay with being in a poly relationship "BUT I feel neglected and I can't stop feeling uneasy for some reason!"

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

Why would I look at mine? And I only think that way because why would someone feel the need to go out of their way to darken themselves multiple shades darker than their  natural skin tone? Some people can't help their skin color, for example: laborers who work in hot/sunny climates, skin conditions like vitiligo, or being naturally darker skinned. But for those who darken themselves to the point where they are now are brown-skin or blackfishing, they want to look black. There is no reason to respond with rude language if I didn't hurt you first.

Do you get that a lot of people need so little sun tan to look brown? Mediterraneans tan fast asf, and its going to the BEACH, not out of their way.

Posted

Do you get that a lot of people need so little sun tan to look brown? Mediterraneans tan fast asf, and its going to the BEACH, not out of their way.

Did you not read what I said? I said to the point where you intentionally try to darken yourself by multiple shades. Another reason as to my opinion is that many/most cultures have an anti-black aspect of them, right? That would mean that they dislike anything associated with blackness, and before colonialism/imperialism, light skinned black people were rare because there weren't many interracial sex going on. So blackness is usually associated with the darkness of your skin complexion. So why would people who aren't black want to become 5 or 10 or whatever shades darker if anti-blackness and colorism is so apparent and thriving in the word today? Why get closer in association with darkness?

Posted

Did you not read what I said? I said to the point where you intentionally try to darken yourself by multiple shades. Another reason as to my opinion is that many/most cultures have an anti-black aspect of them, right? That would mean that they dislike anything associated with blackness, and before colonialism/imperialism, light skinned black people were rare because there weren't many interracial sex going on. So blackness is usually associated with the darkness of your skin complexion. So why would people who aren't black want to become 5 or 10 or whatever shades darker if anti-blackness and colorism is so apparent and thriving in the word today? Why get closer in association with darkness?

What the fuck does a tan have to do with blackness? Nothing 🤦🏻‍♀️

Posted

Finally, someone speaks the TRUTH lmao. Honestly, I've never met a poly person who wasn't a) a special snowflake [I don't use that term lightly -- I don't mean like Kenna level, I mean like KiwiFarms style lol] b) really rather unattractive, as you said, or c) just generally full of commitment and relationship issues [I have met so many alt style couples who are poly and are both so insecure omfg] 

I'm not saying it can't work, and you can't be normal, but...like 90% of the time it's just either a bid for attention/acceptance/what have you or unhealthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTsdKycVZZ4 

Also reminded me of this.

Posted

i ~get~ where you're coming from, but this logic is as solid as if i dye my hair black it means i want to look asian or black. or if i dye it blonde i want to be scandinavian? there's instances where that's the case but i dont think the majority of people do it for that reason 

unrelated opinion, if there's a voting system there should be upvotes and downvotes for balance and because it makes sense to be that way. if you take one, take the other one too. although its funny that THAT many people were upset for being downvoted, to the point where it had to be removed lol 

Posted

Tanning has NOTHING to do with blackness, plus black people are not the only ones with dark/deep skin tones. People of other races tan quickly depending on the area (in central asia, you're pale asf in the winter and olive in the summer bc thats just how it is.) No one is trying to emmulate blackness unless they're blackfishing. 

You sound really dumb.

Posted

Please use the personal messages instead guys you’re starting to derail the thread 

I don’t think e-begging is as bad as people make it out to be you can just ignore it or unfollow the person posting it