• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6808 posts in this topic

Posted

you realize that black people arent the only people with darker/tanned skintones right? you realize that people of all races can have various skintones? this is on the same level of stupid as people saying asian people getting double eyelid surgery or wanting paler skin means they're trying to be white lol

I mean as in actively trying to darken your skin multiple shades darker than you actually are. If you can't help it due to work or some other circumstances. I'm saying if you wear foundation 5 or 10 shades darker than your body color, or go out of your way to get a tan, then you wanna be black. And People who try to achieve paler skin is trying to assimilate to whiteness. Pale skin is seen as a symbol of high status and trying yo achieve that is taking part in colorism, which takes after racism. I never said anything about people who are non-black but naturally dark

Posted (edited)

I mean as in actively trying to darken your skin multiple shades darker than you actually are. If you can't help it due to work or some other circumstances. I'm saying if you wear foundation 5 or 10 shades darker than your body color, or go out of your way to get a tan, then you wanna be black. And People who try to achieve paler skin is trying to assimilate to whiteness. Pale skin is seen as a symbol of high status and trying yo achieve that is taking part in colorism, which takes after racism. I never said anything about people who are non-black but naturally dark

ok so i agree blackface/blackfishing is bad but that's very much a minority, you can't equate that to someone just getting a tan. some people just like a healthy glow - like me. i got a suntan the other day. i don't look any blacker than i did before and it intention to. i'm certainly not trying to change my race and most other people aren't either. yeah racism/colourism is a problem and was influenced by colonization but colourism in east asia atm seems pretty divorced from current western beauty ideals (which yeah, includes tanned skin). just like a chinese person is trying to be a chinese person with paler skin, and not a white person; a white person getting a tan is trying to be a white person with darker skin, not a black person. 

also unrelated unpopular opinion: whenever someone complains that they were really unhealthy eating a vegetarian/vegan diet all i can think is 'that sounds like a you problem' bc i've never been healthier and when i had to go off it (not due to health ofc, other circumstances made it unfeasible) i felt like i was fucking dying

Edited by foxing

Posted

refering to blackfishing yes. But in other cases no, some people with skin conditions like virtiligo will wear foundation shades darker or lighter (depending on how severe it is) to even out their skin tone.

Tanning your skin when you're lighter doesn't mean you want to be black lmao thats the most ridiculous thing I've read all day. 

Posted

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. 

You must have never read your birth certificate before

Posted

take my upvote, that made me giggle 

Posted

Hot cheetos are disgusting I don’t understand americans obsession with putting hot cheetos on everything (mac and cheese, crab legs, ramen etc) 

Posted

Look at yours instead, damn, you all think tanning = wanting to be black. The lack of braincells I-

Posted

And comments like these, my friends, are why we need the downvotes back.

downvoting that comment would accomplish literally nothing. this person doesnt care lol

Posted

I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't...really like the show Euphoria that much..? I do like ASPECTS of it, but so far overall.. I'm kinda disappointed. 

Posted

Polyamorists are just emotionally unstable swingers who can't own up to it. Even if they have sex with everybody in their relationship group, they always end up preferring one person over the other partner/s. If they were in a monogamous relationship before that and their partner decides to stay, the polyamorist usually end up neglecting the first partner both sexually and emotionally just to focus on their new boy/girl toy.

I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't...really like the show Euphoria that much..? I do like ASPECTS of it, but so far overall.. I'm kinda disappointed. 

I haven't watched any full episodes, but none of the trailers, excerpts or promotional articles I have seen have made me want to watch it fully. I wasn't surprised when I found out that it was produced by a 30+-year-old guy who thinks texting a 14 year old girl who he's not even related to about boy advice and inviting her out for dinner is totally not creepy (Drake and that girl from Stranger Things)

Posted

downvoting that comment would accomplish literally nothing. this person doesnt care lol

I mean a lot of people apparantly DO care, or else they never would´ve removed the function

this thread is pretty much pointless without the up and down voting.

Posted

I see the positives and negatives to removing the downvote button

Removing it might increase different and unpopular opinions (I don't mean here but in snowflake threads). There are some threads where if you say anything slightly negative you're downvoted to hell (cough Venus angelic thread... Tho that has been changing recently). And other threads where if you say anything remotely positive you're downvoted right away (simply Kenna/ CozyKitsune thread). 

But of course, removing downvotes makes it harder to indicate you disagree with someone, because now you have to quote someone. In a way, that encourages discussion, however, sometimes discussion is useless and some people don't know when to stop. In those cases... reporting might help.  But hoenstly, the report function doesn't always make a difference. 

Personally, I miss the convenience of the downvoted button even tho it's often abused not only by white knights, but also regulars of certain threads. :alpacaheadshake: