• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6033 posts in this topic

Posted

The trope of two deadly sick teenagers falling in love is just so overused and unnecessarily dramatic at this point

Posted

goodbye zachary was sad but its not the worst documentary? best documentary? made. watched it because i saw reddit kept bringing it up talking about how it was soo heart wrenching and they sobbed and couldnt stop crying but it was meh. its sad but people act as if youre a monster with no heart if you say you didnt cry your eyes out.

Posted

Soleil x Ophelia is a trash tier ship. 

This, I was always skeeved seeing so many people into this ship because Soleil's attraction to Ophelia always came off as creepy to me. She was like the embldiment of the 'pervert anime guy' trope during her support with Ophelia.

Posted

This, I was always skeeved seeing so many people into this ship because Soleil's attraction to Ophelia always came off as creepy to me. She was like the embldiment of the 'pervert anime guy' trope during her support with Ophelia.

I remember Ophelia out right trying to avoid her and even crying because Soleil wouldn't leave her alone. Honestly if Soleil was a boy then this support would cause a lot of outcry instead of "lesbian girls in love uwu." 

Posted

-alpacas aren't cute

-Disney are good but definitely overhyped, especially the older generation mainstream ones. The underrated ones are like atlantis and hunch back of notre dame deserve more recognition.

-there are ways to desexualize the human body, parading around naked and plastering photos of genitals around your home isn't one of them.

-Really wish people would stop trying to police whats said in threads. If a person disagrees with what a snowflake does, they're allowed to be vocal about it. Big diffrence between nit picking and giving valid criticism.

-A persons childhood can be a reason they behave a certian way in adulthood but it is certainly NOT an excuse for their actions. 

Posted

I remember Ophelia out right trying to avoid her and even crying because Soleil wouldn't leave her alone. Honestly if Soleil was a boy then this support would cause a lot of outcry instead of "lesbian girls in love uwu." 

Right?? The whole bodyswitching spell also really turned me off, especially when Soleil implies she was gonna inspect Ophelia's body in front of a mirror. Big yikes.

Posted

I don't watch movies, nor TV shows. They never excite me or enjoy them when I try to watch them. I've never even watched Avengers 1. Last movie I watched was like 7 months ago.

Posted

I know it's only a teaser but the Mulan live action looks SO boring. (but also super pretty and the costumes look amazing (as always cause Disney does great set pieces and costumes)). and the actors all seem kind of stiff and not the best. Honestly the only "good" live action has been Cinderella. Haven't seen Aladdin, but Will Smith was a bad choice for the genie. 

I didnt think Will Smith was going to be great either but it was good, Cinderella was still better, because their choice for Jafar was a mess.

disney is doing this only because people on twitter insist ursula is black (even though shes based off of a white drag queen) and cast a black woman as the little mermaid to show how DiVeRsE they are lol. i think it would be better if they just casted people of color for actual characters of color instead of pretending to be woke 

Whats funnier is that they have a live action of a new black princess in process so I dont see how this was necesary at all.

Posted

I’m actually glad the Mulan live action doesn’t seem to have Mushu in it. I don’t actually like Mushu that much, he’s just annoying and this way the movie will hopefully be more like the tale of Mulan. (Though I do wish we got Shang, just for some eye candy ya know)

Posted

This is unpopular opinion where im from but you really have to be racist to lose your shit over a fictional mermaid that was described as the color of leaf in the book to be played by a black actress. Especially comparing it to mulan, tiana and pocahontas being whitewashed because all the of their stories revolved around their race/ethnicity/culture unlike ariel who was just some mermaid in the sea. This was obviously a pr stunt pulled by disney but seeing the lenghts people will go to defend their racism is sad. 

Posted

-oc's, self inserts, and oc x canon ships are literally harmless. Its true they usually aren't well written and can be pretty childish but they don't do any real harm. Its just a fictional thing people put on the internet to have fun and possibly improve their writing skills. 

-being a teen parent isn't cute or something that should be defended or encouraged.

-Teen parents who try to act like they're superior to everyone who doesn't have kids are annoying.

-the whole rapey partner trope that a lot of novels are developing is gross. I really don't see whats so hot and steamy about someone actively forcing someone to have rough sex with them while the other is repeatedly saying no and trying to get away from them.

-Rape kinks are disgusting.

-Aging underaged characters up as an excuse to do lewd/sexualized cosplays and art of them is really gross no matter how you twist it.

Posted

This is unpopular opinion where im from but you really have to be racist to lose your shit over a fictional mermaid that was described as the color of leaf in the book to be played by a black actress. Especially comparing it to mulan, tiana and pocahontas being whitewashed because all the of their stories revolved around their race/ethnicity/culture unlike ariel who was just some mermaid in the sea. This was obviously a pr stunt pulled by disney but seeing the lenghts people will go to defend their racism is sad. 

This and making racist memes and bullying the girl is just disgusting. And people who are doing this be the same people talking about "liberal snowflakes" not even realizing that they are just as bitch made as those snowflakes lol.

Posted

Dead, Beyonce's voice over is a mess-

Posted (edited)

silver > gold jewelry 

podcasts with multiple people/hosts are far better than one person podcasts. a single person rambling for like ~40 minutes is not as entertaining as having more people who can keep the conversation going orchange the topic it when it gets boring

Edited by moonlight42

Posted

disney only cares about making money hence why they are pulling the diversity card. if they actually cared about diversity they would of made a new movie, literally the princess and the frog is a prime example of what disney should of done if they want to make it seem like they are being 'diverse', showing POCs, with most of the casting being POC, showing an example of culture and also history as well I-