• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7143 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

James Corden is in Cats? Jesus help me D:

Yeah he's playing Bustopher Jones, which is ironically funny but god. Also in it is Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson and Jason Derulo. Like the casting is so fucking random. 

Only decent casting is Judi Dench (She is playing Old Deuteronomy) and Ian McKellen (He is playing Gus the Theater Cat) 

Still going to go see it but something tells me I will still prefer the 1990's one :P 

Edited by Senpai Trash

Posted

No, trans women don't deserve to have an opinion or a say on abortion. call me a TERF, idgaf.  they will never know what it's like getting worried about getting pregnant.

I feel like trans women should be included in feminist movements as a whole, but some things only really pertain to cis women, and it feels weird when trans women try to speak over cis women on issues that do not affect them. I mean, it's all good to advocate for abortion rights -- the more support, the better. But, in the end, you're an ally to those who can become pregnant, not a victim of that system.

On the flip side, cis women should not try to speak over trans women. Support them, but don't try to pretend that this really is "your" issue when it comes to issues like military, bathrooms, murder rates, etc.

I feel like trying to recognize the different, intersecting aspects of feminism isn't TERF shit, although some hissy little Tumblr people may say so.

Posted

i hate when bands release official lyric videos and they're full of weird fonts, effects, etc. it's so distracting

Posted

yoga pants/leggings arent comfortable

Posted

(Not sure if unpopular or not but I see a lot of people do this so I’m gonna leave this here)

People who have one of their tweets randomly get 25k likes so they’re like in their own comments “wow I didn’t expect to get so many likes, here’s my venmo” (I’m not kidding here) are the absolute WORST. You’ve done nothing except tweet something a lot of people agreed with.

Just on principle, I HATE e-begging or always leaving your PayPal or venmo for people to hopefully randomly give you money. Fuck you. DO SOMETHING for people to WANT to give you money. You don’t deserve money just for existing. Get a fucking job at mcdonalds like the rest of us. 

i've seen people constantly retweet their own tweets about their venmo or whatever and get legitimately agressive when people dont wanna give them money for no reason lol. i could be wrong, but ive seen so people "e-beg" on tumblr constantly and claim theyve been looking for a job for so long and cant find one etc etc and i genuenly dont buy that. if youre in a situation where you need money asap you cant beg and choose at the same time lol. also how are you borderline homeless bc you cant pay your bills yet have the time to shitpost on tumblr all day?? 

Posted

Soleil x Ophelia is a trash tier ship. 

Posted

Beauty Gurus dont known how to apologize to eachother. If people were really sincere they would want to arrange a meet up with the person in private and discuss and apologize sincerely, not send a dm saying like "oh boo hoo I'm sorry plz forgive me blah blah" and then act like it was a genuine apology and hope that the other person forgives them. If you really want to make amends just go meet up someplace IRL AND TALK IT OUT

Posted

-Unless you live in a small town with limited options and no reliable transportation, it is not impossible to get a job these days. Dozens of places are hiring, a few don't require you to be super experienced either and honestly if you have the time to sit on social media, shit posting and complaining about being poor etc you have time to apply to a few part time places online. 

-Your mental health can be a reason you struggle with basic tasks but its not an excuse for you to not even try to do it.

-People with mental illness demonize neural typicals way too much and are too quick to dismiss their suggestions. Yeah they may not fully understand what you are going threw and their tips might not bring instant results but its weird to complain about how their trying to help when you'd complain if they were indifferent to your situation too.

-Those people who make accounts here just to go in threads, try to derail or denounce the proof on snowflakes thats posted can piss off. Don't tell users to fact check if you're not going to add any credible information on them to the thread and set things straight.

-People online who act so above it all and holier than thou are usually the most judgmental twats irl. Everything they speak against online is what they actively do irl lol

-Male or female, if you have to beg and try to coerce someone to have sex with you, you're thirsty.

-Majority of this generation is obsessed with sex and i honestly don't understand why. 

-Being a virgin in your 20s is perfectly normal and ok.

Posted (edited)

People who refer all white people as colonizers is extremely rude and unnecessary not all our ancestors owned slaves and colonized nations, My ancestors were mainly poor immigrant farmers from Ireland, France, and England and aboriginals who have been here for centuries, Kindly fuck off you pronoun using dyed hair having lunatics.

As a person who has spent a portion of her life lower class/poor, Stop letting non-homeless poor people in first world countries get a pass for having bad hygiene. Soap is cheap as hell, shampoo can cheap as hell and laundry once a week after 7 is extremely affordable. if you can't afford that then there are women's shelters and food banks in most towns that give them out for free as well a free sanitation pads at high schools/colleges. You don't have to be high maintenance but there's no excuse for anyone to smell like shit except for homeless people and people with extreme medical issues.

-Unless you live in a small town with limited options and no reliable transportation, it is not impossible to get a job these days. Dozens of places are hiring, a few don't require you to be super experienced either and honestly if you have the time to sit on social media, shit posting and complaining about being poor etc you have time to apply to a few part time places online. 

-Your mental health can be a reason you struggle with basic tasks but its not an excuse for you to not even try to do it.

-People with mental illness demonize neural typicals way too much and are too quick to dismiss their suggestions. Yeah they may not fully understand what you are going threw and their tips might not bring instant results but its weird to complain about how their trying to help when you'd complain if they were indifferent to your situation too.

-Those people who make accounts here just to go in threads, try to derail or denounce the proof on snowflakes thats posted can piss off. Don't tell users to fact check if you're not going to add any credible information on them to the thread and set things straight.

-People online who act so above it all and holier than thou are usually the most judgmental twats irl. Everything they speak against online is what they actively do irl lol

-Male or female, if you have to beg and try to coerce someone to have sex with you, you're thirsty.

-Majority of this generation is obsessed with sex and i honestly don't understand why. 

-Being a virgin in your 20s is perfectly normal and ok.

This! I am 21 and a virgin and honestly, I have no desire to have sex anytime soon.  I am going through mental health issues and I want a meaningful relationship with a mature man/woman before I consider it and some people think that's weird which it's not. 

Edited by Sugarbeets

Posted

People who refer all white people as colonizers is extremely rude and unnecessary not all our ancestors owned slaves and colonized nations, My ancestors were mainly poor immigrant farmers from Ireland, France, and England and aboriginals who have been here for centuries, Kindly fuck off you pronoun using dyed hair having lunatics.

As a person who has spent a portion of her life lower class/poor, Stop letting non-homeless poor people in first world countries get a pass for having bad hygiene. Soap is cheap as hell, shampoo can cheap as hell and laundry once a week after 7 is extremely affordable. if you can't afford that then there are women's shelters and food banks in most towns that give them out for free as well a free sanitation pads at high schools/colleges. You don't have to be high maintenance but there's no excuse for anyone to smell like shit except for homeless people and people with extreme medical issues.

This! I am 21 and a virgin and honestly, I have no desire to have sex anytime soon.  I am going through mental health issues and I want a meaningful relationship with a mature man/woman before I consider it and some people think that's weird which it's not. 

Agreed. I'm  the same age as you are and i havent had sex yet. I'm not interested in sexual relationships and I'm repulsed by the topic most of the time. 

I'm pro sex and sexual freedom but I'm not someone who wants to indulge in it. I'd rather have a relationship with genuine connection and chemistry but these days you tell someone this and its like you told them a horror story. Its comforting knowing there are other people like this

My unpopular opinion: Any guy who says child support is a "broke womens hustle" is a broke and bitter deadbeat who's mad they have to pay it to begin with. 

Posted

People having issues with someone being a virgin is fucking stupid on so many levels. You were once a virgin too sis tf, its not like its some rare/bad thing if someone is a virgin. Just because their way of living is different than yours doesn't make it bad or weird

Posted

People having issues with someone being a virgin is fucking stupid on so many levels. You were once a virgin too sis tf, its not like its some rare/bad thing if someone is a virgin. Just because their way of living is different than yours doesn't make it bad or weird

same with not being a virgin!!

i dont want incels to be calling someone off and labelling them as “used goods”

Posted

Libraries shouldn't close at 5 pm, that's some bullshit.

Posted

The crop top and biking shorts fashion trend is one of the ugliest things ever.

Same with this new furry/feathery tube top and see threw blue angel patterned crop top thing. 

Posted

Probably not an unpopular opinion at this point anymore, but I don't like memes.