• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7127 posts in this topic

Posted

Billie elish is genuinely boring and kinda overhyped. I don't care if shes 17 doing better than most...she's still boring to me. 

she's what now. I always thought she was in her mid twenties

Posted

at this point disliking billie eilish isnt an unpopular opinion 

Posted (edited)

Although it's not as seen as often jn society or the media, people can be both fatshamed and skinnyshamed. Literally when I suffered with Anorexia and people would see my arms or something or would notice how I didn't eat a meal I would always get comments like "god your so skinny it's like your anorexic" "you look like a skeleton" "there is no meat on your bones it's all just skin and bones" or "go eat a burger or something you look sick or anorexic" or people would call girls skinny legs "sticks'. Its not as shamed like fat shaming is but I'm so tired of saying that there is no such thing as skinnyshaming because there damn well is and as someone who suffers with an ED I've lived with tons of negative and disgusting comments about my weight 

Edited by Secret Haven
Forgot to mention something

Posted

Although it's not as seen as often jn society or the media, people can be both fatshamed and skinnyshamed. Literally when I suffered with Anorexia and people would see my arms or something or would notice how I didn't eat a meal I would always get comments like "god your so skinny it's like your anorexic" "you look like a skeleton" "there is no meat on your bones it's all just skin and bones" or "go eat a burger or something you look sick or anorexic" or people would call girls skinny legs "sticks'. Its not as shamed like fat shaming is but I'm so tired of saying that there is no such thing as skinnyshaming because there damn well is and as someone who suffers with an ED I've lived with tons of negative and disgusting comments about my weight 

I feel like people think skinny shaming is okay because people think "ooo its so easy to gain weight theres so much delicious food around" but it really isnt in my experience. It's so hard when you don't feel any cravings towards food.

Posted

I feel like people think skinny shaming is okay because people think "ooo its so easy to gain weight theres so much delicious food around" but it really isnt in my experience. It's so hard when you don't feel any cravings towards food.

I struggle eating on a daily, having the feeling of not being hungry for hours to days honestly sucks and with the mentality of that gaining weight is os hard even with excerise and a diet

Posted

Hidden Potential is a terrible show. HGTV should have done better but no they get some lady who can't design worth a shit destroy these amazing houses. I will never be okay with what she did to that Tudor house. 

Posted

i recently lost a friend because  she couldn't accept that i could have body image issues while being skinny because i "literally have the body type that everyone wants". Skinny isn't a body type. She ghosted me and honestly even though it upsets me i feel like she has a lot of growing up to do and this might be for the best. Skinny girls aren't allowed to complain about skinny shaming because they're just so lucky to be skinny. Unless you have another skinny friend (and that's rare in the states since 60-70% of people are overweight) there is no one to commiserate with when all the "REAL WOMEN" campaigns surround you and you really wish you had boobs and butt. (i gain in my waist. My boobs and butt gain much less when i gain any weight. My sister has a similar body type so i know what i would look like if i do gain weight)

Posted

i recently lost a friend because  she couldn't accept that i could have body image issues while being skinny because i "literally have the body type that everyone wants". Skinny isn't a body type. She ghosted me and honestly even though it upsets me i feel like she has a lot of growing up to do and this might be for the best. Skinny girls aren't allowed to complain about skinny shaming because they're just so lucky to be skinny. Unless you have another skinny friend (and that's rare in the states since 60-70% of people are overweight) there is no one to commiserate with when all the "REAL WOMEN" campaigns surround you and you really wish you had boobs and butt. (i gain in my waist. My boobs and butt gain much less when i gain any weight. My sister has a similar body type so i know what i would look like if i do gain weight)

I can't tell you how disgusted I feel in my body because of not being able to have much of boobs or an ass and how i'm just "bones" and weight gain is extremely hard for me, I have such high body dysmorphia because on how ugly I feel about my body about being so skinny and not being able to be what i want to look like that everyone praises (Thicc culture ngl is toxic especially because it creates such an unrealistic image and standard for men and women in what they want in a women or want to look like) even if people tell me I have boobs and an ass I feel so gross feeling like im not like other girls and I cant live up to societal expectations which honestly ironically makes my ED get worse

Posted

I despise how the romance genre has normalized sexual assault/harassment as “sexy” or “hot” even though it comes off to me really uncomfortable and disgusting. Looking at you, Wattpad. 

Posted

I despise how the romance genre has normalized sexual assault/harassment as “sexy” or “hot” even though it comes off to me really uncomfortable and disgusting. Looking at you, Wattpad. 

*cough* after by Anna Todd *cough*

Posted (edited)

I want to hit people who bring up physiognomy unironically in the head it’s like it’s not enough for them that we live in society that’s based on lookism and elitism they have to go that far and claim people they find ugly are all bad people and criminals

edit: I always feel like my unpopular opinions will sound like rants to foreigners lol

I hate when people sexualize and thirst over underage characters and celebrities and get away with it because they are women it’s gross

Edited by Agasshi

Posted

Pride month brings out the most obnoxious kind of human beings it irritates me.

Posted

> I fucking hate peanut butter

> A good 70% of this site is catty bitches and that includes me

> Bad boys are stupid

> Ace/Aro isn't lgbt

> Dogs are overrated 

> I'm not into butch girls

Posted (edited)

> I fucking hate peanut butter

> A good 70% of this site is catty bitches and that includes me

> Bad boys are stupid

> Ace/Aro isn't lgbt

> Dogs are overrated 

> I'm not into butch girls

Cats are better than dogs. Dogs in general will like anyone who isn't a piece of shit to them whereas cats are more selective about who they like which is much more appealing and genuine to me. 

As a bi woman, same. I am attracted to femmes and if I wanted someone "masculine" or whatever I would date a guy.

Edited by Sugarbeets