• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

9219 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't believe in third genders or genders beyond third genders

they're reserved for girls with confused hormones from what I can tell, girls who don't 100% conform to femininity, tomboys at best and self entitled teenagers who can't tell the difference bt gender roles and actual gender... not actual trans ppl so

i just don't care im not going to glorify or valdidate it sorry

pansexual doesnt exist

anyone who says they're pansexual obviously read a definition on tumblr and thought that all the other genders on tumblr existed as well, thinking that they're pansexual because they love all those bullshit genders tumblr made up,

pansexual does not exist unless you're a mentally disturbed creep who loves having sex with dead corpses, animals, children, pretty much everything

I'm pretty sure "pansexuality" from what I've heard about what coined by sigmund freud, and if y'all know anything about freud, he thrived off negativity, so needless to say people are liklier taking the original and much more disturbing meaning out of context tryna apply it to a setting where it's considered to be "offensive" to "thirdgender" special snowflake girls who think bisexuality is "excluding" them when it's really not.

I mean to an extent I actually like Freudian psychology, but freud himself has his theories grounded in an incredibly warped perspective view of the world. Everyone is in an essence an awful sex fiend according to his theories. I'm not sure anyone would be keen to align with the term "pansexuality" if it is indeed freudian, no matter how cool and edgy that supposedly makes it.

Edited by saburoro

Posted

I see no difference from PULL or Tumblr because most social media sites fall into the same formula overtime. I think its silly how some people pride themselves by saying how bad Tumblr is and etc. It's only as bad as you make it and what you surround yourself with and how you handle the situation. 

Posted (edited)

I see no difference from PULL or Tumblr because most social media sites fall into the same formula overtime. I think its silly how some people pride themselves by saying how bad Tumblr is and etc. It's only as bad as you make it and what you surround yourself with and how you handle the situation. 

Thank you so much for this. :alpacacrush:

You're responsible of your own experience on social websites. By that, what I mean is if you don't want to see or don't agree with smh, you can ignore it or unfollow/unfriend/block whatever person who posted/reblogged/liked this content. You have every tool to control your newsfeed. That's what I do. 

Edited by Mewd
forgot smh

Posted (edited)

• Looking younger than your real age or when people say "you look so young" doesn't necessarily mean that it's a compliment. 
  • "Not enough Black representation" and "Black Lives Matter" thing. Just stop. First of all, you have plenty of representation these days. What about us Asians? Not so much. And even if we do, it's rarely a great role. Secondly, ALL lives matter. Stop playing the victim card every damn time.
  • Also, how is it perfectly fine to still say racist Asian jokes but not when it involves racist Black jokes? Stop with the "double standard".
  • Stop saying "curvy" or "full-figure" when in reality, it's really just "fat". Stop with the euphemisms. No, those are not curves, just lumps of fat. Fat is fat. Everyone has it (some, more than others) Stop being a hypersensitive snowflake.
Edited by Blair Waldorf

Posted (edited)

Invader Zim is honestly the most overrated cartoon ever. I actually understand why people love it, I used to watch it before. It was unique compared to your average kid's cartoon, but seriously every time I heard these enthusiasts saying it's the best show ever, I kinda say "Yeah, I get it, you love Invader Zim, now shut up". But then overrated doesn't mean it's always a bad thing, imo. I can say that there are cartoons that I love that I feel like they're overrated, like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe.

Edited by Momo Kisaragi

Posted

I DON'T LIKE NCT THERE I SAID IT

Okay but in all seriousness I have a couple reasons as to why I don't care for them lol

1) Too many frickin' members! At the moment there's what, 15? I'm into Seventeen (obviously) and have been following them since their debut, and to this day I still forget members' names.

2) I don't get how some members are in multiple subgroups. It's so confusing to me.

3) I haven't cared much for the music they've put out.

4) They're all around my brother's age (some of them are younger) which makes me feel super awkward (especially since I'm nearing 20...)

Individually the reasons don't mean a whole lot, but all together...IDK man, I just can't seem to get into them. Which is always super awkward when I'm with other kpop fans and they all happen to like NCT...

Posted (edited)

Ecchiharem anime may be hella shitty, but most reverse harems (barring ouran) ain't much better.

Edited by saburoro

Posted (edited)

-I follow tons of activsitl/feminist accounts on Instagram and while they post some relevant shit on racism and acceptance, I cant help but get annoyed at how they can make everything about race. Im a poc too but sometimes activists and feminists really like to drag things too far. Why so much hate against white people? (white pee people like they call them) I think being so hateful and aggressive wont contribute to anything positive. They tend to always jump from one side to the other, making me wonder if these people are really truly educated or simply repeating stuff they heard?

-I have been seeing alot on those same accounts black female activists complaining about white people appropriating black features? The big lips and the curly hair for example. I think that saying that big lips comes from black features is very farfetched and nitpicky. I have a north african heritage, while we look pretty white/caucasian ( I get confused for a white person all the time)  we certainly have big full lips and crinkly ass hair. The world doesnt only have white and black people.

-oh and did you guys see that girl on buzzfeed that is dating 2 guys at the same time? She was highly preached while im pretty sure if it was a guy doing the same he would have been called out for it because hes a "fuck boy". Damn buzzfeed back at it again with that one-sided opinionated video (sorry I had to use that reference 😂 I suck)

-why does beyonce matters so much? We all were born from a strong women. Why cant my momma be idolized for having 3 kids too? Americans are weird

- I like our prime minister Justin he da best

-I cant express enough how wrong and hypocrite this picture is. I dont need to elaborate on it .. like you know 😒

Screenshot_2017-03-06-20-58-25-1.png

Edited by zakka

Posted

-I follow tons of activsitl/feminist accounts on Instagram and while they post some relevant shit on racism and acceptance, I cant help but get annoyed at how they can make everything about race. Im a poc too but sometimes activists and feminists really like to drag things too far. Why so much hate against white people? (white pee people like they call them) I think being so hateful and aggressive wont contribute to anything positive. They tend to always jump from one side to the other, making me wonder if these people are really truly educated or simply repeating stuff they heard?

-I have been seeing alot on those same accounts black female activists complaining about white people appropriating black features? The big lips and the curly hair for example. I think that saying that big lips comes from black features is very farfetched and nitpicky. I have a north african heritage, while we look pretty white/caucasian ( I get confused for a white person all the time)  we certainly have big full lips and crinkly ass hair. The world doesnt only have white and black people.

-oh and did you guys see that girl on buzzfeed that is dating 2 guys at the same time? She was highly preached while im pretty sure if it was a guy doing the same he would have been called out for it because hes a "fuck boy". Damn buzzfeed back at it again with that one-sided opinionated video (sorry I had to use that reference 😂 I suck)

-why does beyonce matters so much? We all were born from a strong women. Why cant my momma be idolized for having 3 kids too? Americans are weird

-I cant express enough how wrong and hypocrite this picture is. I dont need to elaborate on it .. like you know 😒

maybe im dumb or something but i dont get how the poster in that picture is hypocritical 

Posted

Because she was lucky enough to get in a position where she can be so greatly acknowledged, and she acknowledges that luck (or blessing, w/e floats your boat). And thus, with that position, many people find her inspiring in what she does, and what they perceive her to stand for. 

- people who bought the switch at launch and got a glitch instead, didn't deserve it. 

Posted

maybe im dumb or something but i dont get how the poster in that picture is hypocritical 

I believe its somehow of a false statement since feeling the need to say that those traits are beautiful, defies the purpose of the positive message.By saying it beautiful you are at the same time saying its not. 

I dont know about you but if someone came to me and told me my acne is beautiful, I wouldnt be flattered by it at all. Cause I know those are empty words that are said to make me feel better about myself. Thus bringing back the fact thats its hypocrisy cause I know too well those are empty words.

But again I personally see it that way tbh. For me this positive message goes against its purpose.

Posted

- It legit annoys me when someone does a reaction video on YT and doesn't talk about the video after, or is just like "omg that was so good" like BRO tell me the TRUTH not every video can be that good!

- Going off of the above, it also annoys me when a lot of people dislike/leave hate comments on kpop reaction videos just because the reactor wasn't crazy about the song/mv/performer(s). Like, if u don't like the song/mv then that's ok! Not all of us have the same exact taste in music!

- Taco Bell is gross! Why do people love it??

- Buzzfeed in itself annoys me but I get super addicted to their quizzes like tbh I wanna know what on the McDonald's menu I relate to the most

- I prefer talking to other kpop fans online than in person because, IDK if my situation just sucks or what, but most of the chillest fans I've met have been online and some of the rudest/saltiest/koreabooish/"how dare u not stan my oppa" people have been in person. Like I said tho that just might be my personal experience lmao

Posted

lol wtf. all of my immediate family has curly(spiral curls) hair and full lips and we are 100% european. these things are not limited to or originated in a certain part of the world.  there are very few feautures that are limited to only one certain ethnic group.

Posted

Berserk was ok. 

I said it.

It wasn't legendary or anything... it was alright... 

Don't kill me.

Posted

Berserk was ok. 

I said it.

It wasn't legendary or anything... it was alright... 

Don't kill me.

giphy.gif

jokes aside, I actually agree with this. Berserk, while I find it very well paced and intriguing, with great storytelling, it isn't that good. It almost feels like a circle jerk, when you see the hype and praise it gets, and then you read it/watch the movies. If it's not your first time seeing stuff like that, well... I think a majority of the people who loved it, ended up initially feeling that way because it was their first series with that kind of ambiance and story. Like a 'wow' factor. It's like some sort of (anime) maturity stepping stone. A big part of why people like it is just because they didn't have much to compare it with. At least that's what it feels like. It's definitely not bad at all, but for a story that seems 5/8ths through, with tens of hours of base materials, now moving at pace of ~10 chapters a year, it's no surprise when people don't want to pick it up. 

- Sleep is better than food

- going to the bathroom with the lights off is better than with the lights on (and saves power, probably?)