• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Unpopular opinions

4653 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm excited for the new Furuba anime but since it covers the entire manga, I feel like it might turn off tons of people and bring on a whole lot of discourse, especially everything surrounding Akito. 

Most of the people I've seen excited about it have only watched the 2001 anime and probably remember it to be some cute anime, which is... pretty tame compared to the later half of the story.

Posted

I'm kinda over youtubers not putting any effort in trying something new out just because their failing to do a simple pinterest project is supposed to have comedic value or something. It's just boring repetitive and has become annoying to watch. 

It is okay you can just say Threadbanger

Posted

tarja didnt do anything wrong, tuomas and other artists need to obsess less over their muses

So much this. I always hated the controversy that surrounded them and how Tarja was solely blamed. She is an amazing artist and I am sorry their new singer never cut it for me. You can't replace someone like Tarja. 

Posted

So much this. I always hated the controversy that surrounded them and how Tarja was solely blamed. She is an amazing artist and I am sorry their new singer never cut it for me. You can't replace someone like Tarja. 

Yeah her belting at the end of ghost love score can't replace tarja lmfao, for SURE.  I never liked 'post-tarja' nightwish honestly it just sounds like they're their own cover band.  I don't know what in the holy heck was going on to where they hated Marcelo so much but their letter mentioning his heritage was absolutely unnecessary.  ...is there a thread for this lmao

And to stay on topic:

• Anette was a good singer.  Just not for a gothy metal band inspired by musicals and the like.  ABBA covers, sure.
  • I like ABBA

Posted

It is okay you can just say Threadbanger

Lol no I don't watch threadbanger but I guess they must be one of them then

Posted (edited)

I usually have a thing for gross biseinen villains but I'm drawn to 2 of the gross villains from persona 5 (shido and kamoshida) even tho they don't fit my usual type. I really feel embarrassed to admit it to people but I've been admitting it more lately. Like all the villains I like I understand the fact that they've committed abhorrent actions but there's still things about them that appeal to me, and I can't get rid of those feelings no matter how hard I try. I love the good guys, I love the PT, I love Goro, and I love my other dads Iwai and Sojiro, but I'm not gonna lie that those 2 villains got something that allures me about them and as great shame as it causes me I'm mildly more accepting of it as time goes by.

what is wrong with my taste tbh 

TMI i feel like I must've been ovulating or something when i first started thinking anything weird about them bc I heard that actually inclines you to be drawn to things you usually aren't physically 

Although as time has progressed and I have gotten older, my tastes have evolved and masculine men are now on the husbando menu, even if I'm still inclined towards bishies 

I'm excited for the new Furuba anime but since it covers the entire manga, I feel like it might turn off tons of people and bring on a whole lot of discourse, especially everything surrounding Akito. 

Most of the people I've seen excited about it have only watched the 2001 anime and probably remember it to be some cute anime, which is... pretty tame compared to the later half of the story.

as an avid reader of the original manga, considered it one of my fav series of all time!! I am really eager to see how it's adapted in full. I think it's also nice that unfamiliar new gen animanga fans and fans who only watched the og 2001 series will have a chance to see the thing fully adapted  and learn to love it themselves

although before they do that I'd highly recommend they read the manga because 20+ volumes of reading is well worth it

Edited by notthebees

Posted

Yeah her belting at the end of ghost love score can't replace tarja lmfao, for SURE.  I never liked 'post-tarja' nightwish honestly it just sounds like they're their own cover band.  I don't know what in the holy heck was going on to where they hated Marcelo so much but their letter mentioning his heritage was absolutely unnecessary.  ...is there a thread for this lmao

And to stay on topic:

• Anette was a good singer.  Just not for a gothy metal band inspired by musicals and the like.  ABBA covers, sure.
  • I like ABBA

Yeah goth metal was not the best choice she made. Her voice would have been perfect or more pop-esque or at least rocker but not...metal. 

Also I love Abba too! <3

Posted

really don;t see why the internet is going crazy over danielle cohn being pregnant (or not) and getting married. while i agree that it might not be right, it doesnt affect my life. people making multiple posts and videos about the situation is completely uneccessary. water is wet lol, we get it

Posted

really don;t see why the internet is going crazy over danielle cohn being pregnant (or not) and getting married. while i agree that it might not be right, it doesnt affect my life. people making multiple posts and videos about the situation is completely uneccessary. water is wet lol, we get it

Because she's 15 and there's a lot of evidence she could be even younger. Being pregnant at a young age is already dangerous but if she's actually 13 that could be really dangerous. 

I think it's all bogus though but I get why people are worried. The wedding is already confirmed totally fake so I assume the pregnancy as well. Probably so her bf gets more clout. 

Posted

Honestly I find kvloggers are just generally more bland and unoriginal than jvloggers. Especially the black kvloggers (y'know the ones that do "storytime" vids *cough*). All they seem to talk about is about "spilling tea about korean men", "tinder dating" (obv about korean men), "how to get the korean man at the kpop club" or random "korean ahjumma touched my hair storytime".... 🙄  

Its annoying how there is not many kvloggers that actually do videos you know about different aspects of korea. Such as lifestyle, travel, korean culture ... There is more than one city in South Korea! There is so many beautiful landmarks in korea to film about, or talking about interesting, unique aspects about korean culture... Its seems like all these kvloggers only refer to Seoul and specific experiences just to fill thier main audience... thirsty kpop fans with BTS (no offence armys) as their profile pics on youtube with silly fantasies that Korea is only about Seoul, Kdrama men and "Korean oppas grinding at da club"... It's actually a shame...

Posted

tommy is just as good a singer as roy and i couldnt have picked a better replacement m'self

[[kamelot drama]]

Posted

Pretty ridiculous to get someone fired from their job because of a tweet they made 5-10 years ago. 

Posted

people who brag about not using their phone that much are worse than the ones who spend all day on their phone
on that same note,
people who say reading real books is sooooo much better than reading them as an e-book dont think of when you wanna take 10 books with you on your holiday or on a journey. having e-books on your phone or tablet is very convenient. }
(this is coming from someone who loves reading and did carry loads of books)

Posted

Tommy genesis is only popular because she’s pretty, her music is trash

Posted

medical  personnel (therapists, psychiatrist, psychologist) who trash on their patients mental state, as depression, eating disorders, etc, are a liability on the medical field who use patients as money machines rather than humans.