• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6449 posts in this topic

Posted

I just don't get the appeal of some of the most popular social media stars like Shane Dawson for example. There is nothing different about him to me. He just seems like all the other youtubers!

Posted

People who scream that cultural appropriation doesn’t exist either A. Live in a country where their culture is dominant B. Don’t practice their culture C. Their culture is not “exotic” enough to be misused and disrespected.

People who claim “all culture should be shared!!!!!11” are entitled, alot of minorities where banned from practicing their culture it’s not hard to understand they don’t want sacred parts of their cultures exploited, abused and disrespected. Tbh it’s not even like they don’t share it, most people I know are very welcoming towards foreigners as long as they are respectful. Most people simply don’t do that, they just steal it because it’s exotic for few instagram pictures and then throw it away. Cultural appropriation is not people outside of that culture practicing a culture but stealing, disrespecting, exploiting, profiting and renaming it.

If you bring up straight hair and iphones in a debate don’t get angry you are told you have no culture. 

Tldr; to claim that all culture is shared and that you’re allowed to take whatever you want from it is entitlement 

Posted

• I really think ASMR, Reaction, and Mukbang videos are some of the laziest "content" out there. People are really just doing it because it's popular and you can make easy money from it. I'm not saying some of the people who do these videos aren't entertaining, but it's just so lazy imo. I think these people are even shittier if they have a patreon to make people pay for that shit, but I can't stop people from wasting their money like that. 
  • Honestly speaking Christians are some of the biggest fucking hypocrites on this planet, and this is coming from some who is Christian. 
  • I hate this whole Black people can't be racist horseshit idea (Yes, I'm Black), I don't think reverse racism exist, but I 100% believe that minorities/POC can be racist, anybody can be racist. Just last week some Black people were mocking Bts and Asians in general, but dare someone say the exact same shit they said about Black people they would have bitched about how racist it was. It's so hypocritical and just ugly that some minorities think it's okay to mock other cultures, but bitch and complain about when people are racist to them. Like how ignorant can you be????

Posted (edited)

I don't get why most Americans are so stuck up on culture and ethnicity.

They'll always tell you they're German, Italian, Jewish, an 8th black... and I'm like, no, unless you speak the language and/or actively practice traditional elements of that culture you're just American. Nothing to be ashamed of.

It's all in your upbringing, worldview, what you consider good manners etc. And from an outsider point of view, there are very distinctively "American things", so even if it's not homogenous (which is how it works in every single country, really), it's still definitely its own culture.

So I don't understand when minorities bring up the "you have no culture" thing when talking about white people. It comes off as an excuse to feel superior and to feed gatekeeping, whether it's valid or not.

Edited by Rocking Horse Fly

Posted

- you are never too old to watch cartoons (like kim possible and spongebob).

-preferring to stay alone doesn't mean you are lonely, it is a recharging moment of tranquility, nobody is waiting for this bubble-overexcited friend to presumably get them out of their loneliness, others need to show more respect of personal space. 

-love isnt constant, the more the relationship gets tense, the more the feeling of love turns to anger or just disappear, even with family.

Posted

a unibrow looks good on certain people. i think you have to have a specific style/aesthetic to pull it off well but its possible

Posted

The Korean language is the only thing making K-Pop any different from other boy or girl bands.

If a K-Pop group doesn't sing in Korean, it's just another pop band. Even if they had ~*~visuals~*~ and ~*~them choreographies~*~.

Posted

If you dress like a woman, talk like a woman, behave like a woman, and want to continue to act that way and that presentation makes you comfortable, you are cisgender. You do not get to claim to be nonbinary or transgender if you fit comfortably fit into every single aspect of your assigned gender except the title. You don't have to strongly associate with womanhood (many don't), but that does not mean you're NB or trans. 

As a cis woman, I don't feel much kinship with the idea of woman as mother or with other women at all. I feel like they're an out-group to me as much as men are. But, the fact that I behave like a woman, have the biological and secondary markers, and feel comfortable in them for the most part (I do not want to be fertile and I do not like having breasts, however, but simply means I maintain a thin body to keep them unnoticeable and take birth control), makes me a woman nonetheless. Why? Because my gripes are aesthetic, and not the result of any psychological dissonance. I see so many people online thinking this makes them genderspecial. It's annoying. 

Posted

-Furbies deserve so much love.

-It is fine to be interested in true crime as long as you don't worship the killers.

Posted

I’m sick of keyboard smash. 

Posted

I don't get why most Americans are so stuck up on culture and ethnicity.

They'll always tell you they're German, Italian, Jewish, an 8th black... and I'm like, no, unless you speak the language and/or actively practice traditional elements of that culture you're just American. Nothing to be ashamed of.

It's all in your upbringing, worldview, what you consider good manners etc. And from an outsider point of view, there are very distinctively "American things", so even if it's not homogenous (which is how it works in every single country, really), it's still definitely its own culture.

So I don't understand when minorities bring up the "you have no culture" thing when talking about white people. It comes off as an excuse to feel superior and to feed gatekeeping, whether it's valid or not.

Yankees take it too far sometimes, but saying I'm German/Italian/Scottish whatever is saying I'm not Native American. 

Posted (edited)

This is probably going to make me sound like an old woman, but I strongly dislike the way a lot of young Americans (20s-30s and younger) speak today. The constant use of "like" and the Valley Girl-sounding intonation is obnoxious, and it becomes even more annoying when people here choose to go for that variety of English accent because it always sounds forced (especially when they still have an obvious foreign accent). Why would you want to speak like that?

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

sunrise>sunset 

mornings are so pretty

Posted

Red lipstick looks awful in everyone 

Posted

you're not smart or deep just bc you don't care about your appearance. no-one's above judgement and being overly pretentious whilst not bothering to take care of your presentation warrants a lot of said judgement.