• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Unpopular opinions

4611 posts in this topic

Posted

-Why are gun-wielding Americans so upset about the possibilities of gun reform? Nobody is trying to say your husband can't have his gun Karen, we're trying to make sure that old Wacko Jimmy-Bob who lives in the swamp behind your house doesn't get one and shoots up your house after you said he couldn't take a dump in your yard.

-Tbh, Korean and Japanese food is way too overhyped. Korean food is too sugary to me, even the meat has sugar. Japanese food looks really cute but has either no taste or a weird taste/flavour. Chinese food doesn't look very good but sweet BBQ Jesus, it's fucking amazing. I also think Cambodian, Viet, and Thai food is really good! They should get more attention!

-The Dollar Store is fucking amazing, and nothing anyone says can make me feel shame for buying 20 different home decor quotes about dogs and cats.

I love Korean food but I agree it’s too sugary and I agree Japanese food is a bit bland! I whole heartly do think several SEA cuisines should be more recognized and I’m kind of trying to work towards that eventually. 

Posted

I'm tired of ppl saying 'people need to encourage women to do xxx'. As a women it feels degrading, why a women need to be encouraged to do stuff? it'll be nice if ppl just encouraging each other to work in the field what they interested in, instead of women only. We're not a baby ffs.

Forget to add this, but as a women who work in made dominated industry, it's happier to be praised/acknowledged because of my skill, effort, and work ethics than my gender. 'in a world..' movie really sums up my feelings about this.

Posted (edited)

i like pineapple pizza but many people hate it tho.

I love pineapple on pizza. Hawaiian pizza is one of my favorites.

King of The Hill is far superior of a show than Bob's Burgers. And Rick and Morty. 

I don't have to "respect your religion." I will and can respect you as a person, but I have the right to have my own critical views and not respect your religion. Doesn't mean I will actively spout out hate about it or start an argument. But if you wanted my true opinion on it, I don't have to act peachy and say only good things about it. 

Sleeping naked is rarely comfortable for me. I rather have some sort of clothing on. 

I miss parts of high school! Haha

Thank you for saying what you did about respecting a person's religion! I receive backlash whenever I try to critique some of my friends' religious beliefs. It's like they think I'm trying to be an asshole when I'm trying to push their thinking. Also, no, I don't want to respect a person's religion when their religion has millions of members, some of whom use their beliefs as an excuse to justify hatred and oppression.

Edited by Empress_Bookworm

Posted

People are really self absorbed and think so damn highly of themselves it's annoying. Everyone loves to make self depreciating jokes but they still have sky high egos. Makes no sense.

Posted

Not a huge fan of how so many video games developpers model their characters after irl people. I can understand for really old games but for games that started with the PS3 that had engines advanced enough to give characters defined features (compared to the PS2 at least), I find it kinda offputting that some characters go through 5 different faces nowadays. 

My wording is wack af but I'll take FFXIII Lightning as an example. They altered her face a bit but LR Lightning still looks 95% like XIII Lightning and it's the face most ppl are used to, but let's say Square Enix were to remake the game for PS4 however now she's modeled after Scarlett Johansson. It's just weird!

Posted

I know all body type trends are harmful but I feel like the slim thick, big ass, wide hips tiny waist, trend is just fucking awful. 

it's literally not possible for every girl to have a big ass and hips and a tiny waist. Instagram girls edit their bodies and warp them to ridiculous proportions and people are legitimately believing those are realistic goals. (Ugh at fitness Instagrams selling some bullshit ) 

before it was putting girls down for having a flat chest and now it's putting girls down for not having an enormous ass? You can tone and lift your bum with excersize, but it's not possible to magically have a lot of meat there while simultaneously having a small waist unless you get plastic surgery or something (cough Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj, etc)

Maybe I'm just riled up because girls look to Instagram for 'real' girls (as opposed to maybe movie/music celebs) and 'obtainable goals' and only end up serious body image issues as a result. and no popular person on instagIns wants to be honest. Probably because they also have body image problems but? It's still hurtful. Even if indirect. 

Posted

Some people are so pathetic, literally showering talentless and lazy streamers with money only because they think they're pretty. Pathetic world we live in.

Posted

Indonesia as a whole is such a underrated country, I even dare to say the most underrated in Asia. and I'm white/non Indonesian so I'm not biased Haha.

Indonesians are seriously one of the friendliest people, I used to learn Bahasa Indonesia, and they were always so helpful and eager to help me. Not to mention always SO welcoming. 

Not only that. But I loved Indonesian media. Indonesian music from mid to late 2000s and early 2010s are amazing. Beautiful lyrics, good melody. Indonesian language is incredibly beautiful to listen to. Also, Indonesian horror movies, love them. almost shat my pants when I watched kuntilanak as a kid. And the cuisine. Absolutely brilliant and so underrated.

And I know Indonesia is a popular holiday spot for their sandy white beaches. But I mean the culture and media itself are underrated

Posted

How are there actually people that say Naruto loved Sakura like a sibling when-

-The first time we are introduced to Sakura, Naruto describes her as a cute girl he likes. 

-Naruto gets jealous when other guys flirt with Sakura(example: Ibiki's brother from one of the movies.)

-Has a had a dream about kissing Sakura. 

-Got excited when he thought Sakura was asking him on a date. 

-When Minato questioned Naruto if Sakura was his girlfriend, he immediately says that she is. 

Look I don't care if you ship naruhina or hate narusaku, it just can't be denied that Naruto liked Sakura romantically. 

Posted

Or Taiwan :)

Its still China as in the cultural roots (although of course different since they went independent, didn't go through the same. political changes etc and the people and mentally are quite different) but you don't need a vpn changer there. And the country is just really nice and beautiful 

i agree a taiwan vlog would be nice to watch too. 

Posted

Animal Crossing fans are so insufferable sometimes, at least you're getting a new game. I wish the Mother/Earthbound series could get the same treatment. 🙄

Posted (edited)

Oops thought this was the anime one!

Uh regular unpopular opinion....

Ponyboy was annoying af. I love The Outsiders but damn. He was annoying. 

Edited by Senpai Trash

Posted (edited)

What I don't understand is how Sakura ended with Sasuke and Naruto with Hina. The ending was too cliché and almost fan service for the excessive demand of the ships

How are there actually people that say Naruto loved Sakura like a sibling when-

-The first time we are introduced to Sakura, Naruto describes her as a cute girl he likes. 

-Naruto gets jealous when other guys flirt with Sakura(example: Ibiki's brother from one of the movies.)

-Has a had a dream about kissing Sakura. 

-Got excited when he thought Sakura was asking him on a date. 

-When Minato questioned Naruto if Sakura was his girlfriend, he immediately says that she is. 

Look I don't care if you ship naruhina or hate narusaku, it just can't be denied that Naruto liked Sakura romantically. 

Edited by What-hotsauce
Weird letters

Posted (edited)

What I don't understand is how Sakura ended with Sasuke and Naruto with Hina. The ending was too cliché and almost fan service for the excessive demand of the ships

Oh yeah I hear you. They even changed Naruto's past to make it seem like he and Hinata were childhood friends which contradicts everything about Naruto's character. 

And the reason why Sasuke ended up with Sakura is- I don't know. I kinda remember at some point Kishimoto implied that Sasuke and Sakura were not happy in their marriage and even thought about giving them a divorce. 

Edited by Sear

Posted

being basic isn't necessarily a bad thing