• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Unpopular opinions

5209 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

oh yeah i forgot youtube is blocked in china so they need a vpn. it would be really interesting to see vloggers in other asian countries other than korea and japan.

I like watching Mark Weins, he's based in Bangkok Thailand but he doesn't stay there. He's more of a food blogger/traveler and I love seeing his travels and adventures ALL around the world. Just a random thought lol.

Also, when ppl think it's cool to leave other ppl left on "read/seen" or this whole culture of "i'm too cool to respond to you" just rubs me the wrong way. Also, idk if this is unpopular or not, but it seems like not having any manners has been the cool thing lately. Like not saying, please, thank you, etc. Maybe I'm just a grandma at heart but it irks me sometimes lol.

Edited by rosetea

Posted

Seriously confused as to why wearing glasses became a fashion trend!! like why did people bully or mock bespectacled individuals just to go around few days later and make the same thing they hated a trend! 

It didnt stop at that but whoever wearing glasses for medical purposes without changing its frame every single day according to their clothes or whatnot gets ridiculed sometimes (it makes one more conscious towards something he/she should do to literally see), what they tend to forget that lenses doesnt work for everyone because some suffer from having naturally dry eyes. dont know what they want anymore:alpacadone:

Posted

Seriously confused as to why wearing glasses became a fashion trend!! like why did people bully or mock bespectacled individuals just to go around few days later and make the same thing they hated a trend! 

It didnt stop at that but whoever wearing glasses for medical purposes without changing its frame every single day according to their clothes or whatnot gets ridiculed sometimes (it makes one more conscious towards something he/she should do to literally see), what they tend to forget that lenses doesnt work for everyone because some suffer from having naturally dry eyes. dont know what they want anymore:alpacadone:

As someone who is obliged to wear glasses and hate them, I relate a lot. And I sadly can't use lens. I see it as a curse I swear, I hate the fact that I have to wear glasses, if only it could be a choice. 
I've been bullied back in the days and I can understand why it's a trend but I think that people don't understand the chance they have.

But it's almost a thing, people get bullied for an obligation or unique fashion choice and the days go by and the thing becomes a trend and suddenly all the bullies adopt it, yeah.

Unpopular Opinion: Feminism is an excuse to attack (cis) men and doesn't fulfill its purpose as being about equality.

Posted

I have the same issue with glasses and it is a definite struggle if I didn't wear yet i can't help but hide my face even more when I wear it. Changing the frames take money where I can save the amount to others purpose so please get off bespectacled individuals case 

As someone who is obliged to wear glasses and hate them, I relate a lot. And I sadly can't use lens. I see it as a curse I swear, I hate the fact that I have to wear glasses, if only it could be a choice. 
I've been bullied back in the days and I can understand why it's a trend but I think that people don't understand the chance they have.

But it's almost a thing, people get bullied for an obligation or unique fashion choice and the days go by and the thing becomes a trend and suddenly all the bullies adopt it, yeah.

Unpopular Opinion: Feminism is an excuse to attack (cis) men and doesn't fulfill its purpose as being about equality.

ehT

Posted

-Why are gun-wielding Americans so upset about the possibilities of gun reform? Nobody is trying to say your husband can't have his gun Karen, we're trying to make sure that old Wacko Jimmy-Bob who lives in the swamp behind your house doesn't get one and shoots up your house after you said he couldn't take a dump in your yard.

-Tbh, Korean and Japanese food is way too overhyped. Korean food is too sugary to me, even the meat has sugar. Japanese food looks really cute but has either no taste or a weird taste/flavour. Chinese food doesn't look very good but sweet BBQ Jesus, it's fucking amazing. I also think Cambodian, Viet, and Thai food is really good! They should get more attention!

-The Dollar Store is fucking amazing, and nothing anyone says can make me feel shame for buying 20 different home decor quotes about dogs and cats.

I love Korean food but I agree it’s too sugary and I agree Japanese food is a bit bland! I whole heartly do think several SEA cuisines should be more recognized and I’m kind of trying to work towards that eventually. 

Posted

I'm tired of ppl saying 'people need to encourage women to do xxx'. As a women it feels degrading, why a women need to be encouraged to do stuff? it'll be nice if ppl just encouraging each other to work in the field what they interested in, instead of women only. We're not a baby ffs.

Forget to add this, but as a women who work in made dominated industry, it's happier to be praised/acknowledged because of my skill, effort, and work ethics than my gender. 'in a world..' movie really sums up my feelings about this.

Posted (edited)

i like pineapple pizza but many people hate it tho.

I love pineapple on pizza. Hawaiian pizza is one of my favorites.

King of The Hill is far superior of a show than Bob's Burgers. And Rick and Morty. 

I don't have to "respect your religion." I will and can respect you as a person, but I have the right to have my own critical views and not respect your religion. Doesn't mean I will actively spout out hate about it or start an argument. But if you wanted my true opinion on it, I don't have to act peachy and say only good things about it. 

Sleeping naked is rarely comfortable for me. I rather have some sort of clothing on. 

I miss parts of high school! Haha

Thank you for saying what you did about respecting a person's religion! I receive backlash whenever I try to critique some of my friends' religious beliefs. It's like they think I'm trying to be an asshole when I'm trying to push their thinking. Also, no, I don't want to respect a person's religion when their religion has millions of members, some of whom use their beliefs as an excuse to justify hatred and oppression.

Edited by Empress_Bookworm

Posted

People are really self absorbed and think so damn highly of themselves it's annoying. Everyone loves to make self depreciating jokes but they still have sky high egos. Makes no sense.

Posted

Not a huge fan of how so many video games developpers model their characters after irl people. I can understand for really old games but for games that started with the PS3 that had engines advanced enough to give characters defined features (compared to the PS2 at least), I find it kinda offputting that some characters go through 5 different faces nowadays. 

My wording is wack af but I'll take FFXIII Lightning as an example. They altered her face a bit but LR Lightning still looks 95% like XIII Lightning and it's the face most ppl are used to, but let's say Square Enix were to remake the game for PS4 however now she's modeled after Scarlett Johansson. It's just weird!

Posted

I know all body type trends are harmful but I feel like the slim thick, big ass, wide hips tiny waist, trend is just fucking awful. 

it's literally not possible for every girl to have a big ass and hips and a tiny waist. Instagram girls edit their bodies and warp them to ridiculous proportions and people are legitimately believing those are realistic goals. (Ugh at fitness Instagrams selling some bullshit ) 

before it was putting girls down for having a flat chest and now it's putting girls down for not having an enormous ass? You can tone and lift your bum with excersize, but it's not possible to magically have a lot of meat there while simultaneously having a small waist unless you get plastic surgery or something (cough Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj, etc)

Maybe I'm just riled up because girls look to Instagram for 'real' girls (as opposed to maybe movie/music celebs) and 'obtainable goals' and only end up serious body image issues as a result. and no popular person on instagIns wants to be honest. Probably because they also have body image problems but? It's still hurtful. Even if indirect. 

Posted

Some people are so pathetic, literally showering talentless and lazy streamers with money only because they think they're pretty. Pathetic world we live in.

Posted

Indonesia as a whole is such a underrated country, I even dare to say the most underrated in Asia. and I'm white/non Indonesian so I'm not biased Haha.

Indonesians are seriously one of the friendliest people, I used to learn Bahasa Indonesia, and they were always so helpful and eager to help me. Not to mention always SO welcoming. 

Not only that. But I loved Indonesian media. Indonesian music from mid to late 2000s and early 2010s are amazing. Beautiful lyrics, good melody. Indonesian language is incredibly beautiful to listen to. Also, Indonesian horror movies, love them. almost shat my pants when I watched kuntilanak as a kid. And the cuisine. Absolutely brilliant and so underrated.

And I know Indonesia is a popular holiday spot for their sandy white beaches. But I mean the culture and media itself are underrated

Posted

How are there actually people that say Naruto loved Sakura like a sibling when-

-The first time we are introduced to Sakura, Naruto describes her as a cute girl he likes. 

-Naruto gets jealous when other guys flirt with Sakura(example: Ibiki's brother from one of the movies.)

-Has a had a dream about kissing Sakura. 

-Got excited when he thought Sakura was asking him on a date. 

-When Minato questioned Naruto if Sakura was his girlfriend, he immediately says that she is. 

Look I don't care if you ship naruhina or hate narusaku, it just can't be denied that Naruto liked Sakura romantically. 

Posted

Or Taiwan :)

Its still China as in the cultural roots (although of course different since they went independent, didn't go through the same. political changes etc and the people and mentally are quite different) but you don't need a vpn changer there. And the country is just really nice and beautiful 

i agree a taiwan vlog would be nice to watch too.