• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Unpopular opinions

5571 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I agree there’s tons of anorexic turned vegans who just change an eating disorder to another (orthorexia), veganism sounds like a safe option to choose since most of the vegan community promotes “healthy” image they don’t feel as quilty eating vegan food compared to non-vegan food. The vegan community also promotes tons vegan diets to stay thin (low fat high carb, 20/80, raw etc). The vegan community is very pressuring and quilt trips vegans who consider quitting. This is especially toxic if you have ED. The vegan community can get very cult like easily since it’s full of militant vegans, I quit being vegan and became vegetarian mostly because of how disgusting the community was.

if you arent in it for the animals you should just say you follow a based diet not that you are vegan. Simple as that. And you will avoid backlash if you quit. People do not seem to understand they are two seperate things. And perhaps some people love to use the label to feel special.

Being vegan isnt a diet, its an ethical stance. I go out of my way to buy vegan make up, and clothes that do not have leather,wool etc. Because I love animals pretty much more than people. I am not involved in the online vegan community and do not really see why I should be. No one is forcing you to get into a vegan community. I was in for a week and left right away when I saw this wasnt for me. I mean there are no communities for omnis either. I only follow prominent vegans on instagram for recipes and they also notify you when a new vegan product comes out which is cool!

And honestly if you want to quit after following a plant based diet, fine. I mean if its nothing but a diet for you, I understand it has no significant meaning to it. But if you are an actual vegan, as in pro equality for animals. I also find it very weird if you'd quit if you claim to be a animal lover, did you decide "well I do not really care that much for animals after all". Plant based dieters mislabel themself as vegan hence the backlash.

I eat vegan ice cream,cookies,chocolate,candy etc, I'm in it for the animals and if other vegans tell me I shouldnt have my b&j vegan ice cream. They can go screw themselves lol. Veganism isnt about health AT ALL.

And its fine to screw up. Its a process, and its also fine to go into it slow by transitioning. I'd actually recommend that even more so you can first try out recipes and tofu/tempeh or meat substitutes so you know your dislikes/likes. You do it for the animals not the people in the vegan community, it is not a competition. I made the mistake of once buying wasabi containing gelatine and eating it with my proudly home made vegan sushi. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty upset but it happend.  I just make sure to check the label next time and move on. 

Edited by Kiko

Posted

idk if this is an unpopular opinion or just something that bothers me personally lol, but i hate it when people jokingly do something that they know would annoy you. like,, the fact that we're friends / know eachother doesn't make it any less annoying lol, i really don't get it 

Posted

Doing laundry (on a Sunday with nothing else to do) is relaxing.

Posted

Users who have personal vendettas against the people being discussed in threads are the worst. Like, yeah, none of us really like them and that's why they are in little snowflakes etc. But you don't have to go around LITERALLY hating on them and criticising them in matters that have no basis. People like that are what give this great site a bad reputation

Strongly agree. I'm pretty sure we all agree that lying about your looks, deciving/scamming people, treating supporters like trash and just being a shitty person in general is why they're discussed but we discuss their crappy actions bc thats what is the issue. People with personal vendettas don't even go out of their way to hide it either and use the fact that this is a gossip forum as some type of excuse and justification for it. Yeah...this is a gossip forum not a hate site or a bullying forum. 

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

I love this forum because people can freely share their uncensored opinions and actually discuss about interesting subjects but seeing people only hating and saying the same thing over and over again without really hitting a point bore me. You have every right to hate someone but don't use this forum in the sole purpose of sharing hate. I want discussion, points, interesting topic, not ten lines on why you hate that this person breathe. 

Posted

dentists who give their patients sweets or any sort of sugary treats after an appointment, shouldnt be  trusted xD. I imagine them chanting "eat them, eat well, may your teeth rot in hell" landing a certain second appointment. (dentists are scary)

Posted

I don't know why sexually open people find it acceptable to ask their friends whether they are virgin or not. Not everyone is comfortable with sex-related topics and being a virgin isn't a sin xD

i don't like it when sexually open people do that and they will make fun you when they found out your a virgin. not everyone who is not a virgin anymore is comfortable with sex-related topic just bc they already experience it, i'm still uncomfortable with it.

Posted (edited)

You’re just proving my point lolz. I was vegan because of animals and didn’t use leather etc. The community is full of people like you who shame people who want to quit and scream that they were plant based and not vegan. No, I was in for the animals, the food was disgusting but I didn’t care because I watched earthlings and was so so sad for the animals. I quit all my animal consumption. I quit because I realized that the fruit and vegs I was eating was just as unethical since they were on my plate because of underpaid poor brown and black people who have no other options to make the living. Fake fur who damage the workers health and is terrible to the environment. I realized there was no ethical consumption. After 3 years of veganism and 1 year of being vegetarian I just started consuming meat again, except now the meat I eat is straight from farms where they don’t mistreat animals. I now wear ethical fur hunted by the inuit.

To claim that veganism doesn’t promote healthier lifestyle is simply a lie. Most vegans talk about how unhealthy dairy and meat are while how healthy a plant based diet is, they attract people in guise of health and then slowly bring up animal rights before straight up showing you animal cruelty videos. This is where the ed community steps in, ever wondered why so many proana are vegan? There’s tons of youtube videos, ig accs, twitter accs etc preaching about how veganism makes you healthy, thin and fit. To deny this is simply a lie, alot of people who suffer from ed are being attracted into veganism and then showed animal cruelty videos that prevent them from quitting. There’s also tons of people like you who quilt shame people from quitting, not all meat is from in those disturbing slaughter houses and not all fur is from fur farm animals. 

I was vegan not plantbased, I got backlash like the rest of ex vegans because most vegans and brainwashed into thinking animal products =unethical and veganism = ethical when this is not always the case. Just like you most vegan claim “I love animals more than humans!” we know, because the vegan food in your plate and the h&m shirt you’re wearing is here because of the poor black and brown people in the global south. You think all animals are kind and better than humans but if you were thrown into a pig farm you would be eaten alive by pigs without a second thought.

Anyways my unpopular opinion is that the vegan community are hypocritical and borderline racist with how they attack poor brown and black people constantly for not affording veganism or choosing to eat food from their culture and especially when they attack indigenous people for hunting for survival. Claiming that all animal consumption is unethical is wrong.

lol, I have never even been to h&m once n my whole life but nice try. What a character you are geez, You do not know me so your assumptions about me are odd at best lol. :").

I really do not give a fuck if you started to eat meat again, but do not expect everyone to just go. Gaw mkay! Cause that will simply never happen no matter what you do in life. I do find it weird if you've watched slaughter vids and you go back to eating meat. Guess what? That IS MY OPINION. People thrash vegans all the time(just like you) oh well. There is nothing on this planet everyone agrees on. You will be judged by your actions, choices, looks hobbies etc, if you cat handle that, that is too bad for you.

And MY OPINION is also that slaughter is never ethical, so it doesn't matter if they were treated like kings they're killed. they still wanted to live. If I was adopted by the royal family and treated like I was the best thing ever but at age 20 they'd kill me, I wouldn't say "well I've had a partially great life!"

And I do not think all animals are kind, so pigs would attack me if I would be in their territory!? wow! who wouldve thought! Thanks you for this knowledge! Guess what. I really do not care. A tiger would also RIP me to shreds if they'd see me approaching them, but guess what? I still love these beautiful creatures and it pains me when they are killed over their skins. Same with every animal n this planet. Sharks, hippo's, elephants whatever. They ARE innocent because they do not deserve to be slaughtered because of humanities stupid beliefs. 

I am not involved in the vegan community, I do whatever I feel is right, I do not need a vegan community to tell me to eat healthy or do this or that. I really do not care about what the "vegan hord" wants me to eat.

I find any animal products that requires an animal to suffer for unethical, death is never a choice by the animal so I find it unethical. I also have a friend that has 3 chickens, she consumes left over eggs of them at times. I do not consume eggs, but I do not find that unethical. Making cows pregnant artificially for milk and taking their babies for slaughter? Definitely unethical.

And I'm not from the usa/canada/au/Anglo world so those issues are out of my knowledge. 

Wont clog up the thread so I wont go into this any further. Eat meat, I do not care. But do not expect everyone to not have opinion on that. And I will continue to stand by mine. 

Edited by Kiko

Posted

lol, I have never even been to h&m once n my whole life but nice try. What a character you are geez, You do not know me so your assumptions about me are odd at best lol. :").

I really do not give a fuck if you started to eat meat again, but do not expect everyone to just go. Gaw mkay! Cause that will simply never happen no matter what you do in life. I do find it weird if you've watched slaughter vids and you go back to eating meat. Guess what? That IS MY OPINION. People thrash vegans all the time(just like you) oh well. There is nothing on this planet everyone agrees on. You will be judged by your actions, choices, looks hobbies etc, if you cat handle that, that is too bad for you.

And MY OPINION is also that slaughter is never ethical, so it doesn't matter if they were treated like kings they're killed. they still wanted to live. If I was adopted by the royal family and treated like I was the best thing ever but at age 20 they'd kill me, I wouldn't say "well I've had a partially great life!"

And I do not think all animals are kind, so pigs would attack me if I would be in their territory!? wow! who wouldve thought! Thanks you for this knowledge! Guess what. I really do not care. A tiger would also RIP me to shreds if they'd see me approaching them, but guess what? I still love these beautiful creatures and it pains me when they are killed over their skins. Same with every animal n this planet. Sharks, hippo's, elephants whatever. They ARE innocent because they do not deserve to be slaughtered because of humanities stupid beliefs. 

I am not involved in the vegan community, I do whatever I feel is right, I do not need a vegan community to tell me to eat healthy or do this or that. I really do not care about what the "vegan hord" wants me to eat.

I find any animal products that requires an animal to suffer for unethical, death is never a choice by the animal so I find it unethical. I also have a friend that has 3 chickens, she consumes left over eggs of them at times. I do not consume eggs, but I do not find that unethical. Making cows pregnant artificially for milk and taking their babies for slaughter? Definitely unethical.

And I'm not from the usa/canada/au/Anglo world so those issues are out of my knowledge. 

Wont clog up the thread so I wont go into this any further. Eat meat, I do not care. But do not expect everyone to not have opinion on that. And I will continue to stand by mine. 

Omfg you all should have taken this to the damn pm's at the start instead of posting these dumb angry essays on here jfc. 

Posted (edited)

Omfg you all should have taken this to the damn pm's at the start instead of posting these dumb angry essays on here jfc. 

You're right. Sorry for OT. 

Edited by Kiko
Bad grammar.

Posted

If you guys are going to disagree, please do it in the pms or just downvote and quote them a concise reason as to why you disagree...not trying to be rude but please don't clog the thread up..

My unpopular opinion: shane dawson is gross. Not even bc he "joked" about fucking his cat, that's not even half of it. From doing black face to calling a 6 year old sexy...he's just gross. 

-i'm against cancle culture 1000% but I'm fully aware that behaviors have no expiration dates and a brief apology means very little if they arent trying to be better.

-Being a sex addict/homewrecker isn't a personality trait. 

-Hot cocoa made with steamed milk or vanilla almond milk >>>>>>>>> hot cocoa made with water

Posted

Butch lesbians and cis gay men are toxic af. 

Posted

Butch lesbians and cis gay men are toxic af. 

why?

Posted

dentists who give their patients sweets or any sort of sugary treats after an appointment, shouldnt be  trusted xD. I imagine them chanting "eat them, eat well, may your teeth rot in hell" landing a certain second appointment. (dentists are scary)

Dentists actually do that?

Posted

Dentists actually do that?

Didn't they give you a lollipop as a kid?