• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6449 posts in this topic

Posted

YouTubers with voices like penguinz0 just irritates the fuck out of me. It sounds condescending as fuck and just annoying in general. Maybe the bored and monotonous voice is an appeal to some people but I just can't listen to it for more than 10 seconds because it sounds like they're genuinely uninterested in creating the video they're voicing over for. Not saying that every youtubers need to have a high pitched and excited voice all the time because I know maybe they can't change how their voice sounds like but I just can't stand it. No matter how interesting the video is, when the voice sounds like an uninterested drunk person slurring, I immediately get turned off and just can't finish the whole vid eventho I really want to.

Posted (edited)

I don't get when people who are into astrology say that there's more than just your sun sign but are the same ones to say that you're not going to get along with them after telling them that you’re a (insert sun sign here)

Black women look great with blonde hair.

I appreciate compliments from women more.

I dislike when people refer to soda as "Pop", why can't you just say soda lol

I think instead complaining about there not being much diversity, we should create the representation we want to see instead and take action or else we’re not going to get anywhere.

Tacos are overrated ;(

It's not wrong to cut toxic family members out of your life.

Edited by Kookie
Added more

Posted

I don't get when people who are into astrology say that there's more than just your sun sign but are the same ones to say that you're not going to get along with them after telling them that you’re a (insert sun sign here)

I think instead complaining about there not being much diversity, we should create the representation we want to see instead and take action or else we’re not going to get anywhere.

Tacos are overrated ;(

lmao I dislike when people refer to pop as soda lol. It’s a Canadian thing I guess, I just find the word soda to be extra for some reason lol. My twin sister will get annoyed at my little sister if she says soda, she’ll be like “you’re not American” lol

no hate though lol I just thought it was funny you mentioned that since I was complaining about the word soda last night

Posted (edited)

lol, the reddit sub watchpeopledie may not have glorified violence but it was disrespectful to the people being shown dying and being killed. It brought nothing helpful to table. Just leave it at,  “ we have morbid interests.” 

Empathy shouldn’t have to be evoked only after seeing people die or get killed. Just hearing about it is enough for the average person. Hearing about it does drive people to care , to donate and try to enforce stronger gun laws. To hopefully elect morally upright people in government.  It unfortunately just doesn’t happen overnight. 

Anyway, we all have our opinions :alpacabored:

Edited by evrthngis2expnsve

Posted (edited)

The blind side makes me uncomfortable and i hate it. Like the mother treats the black boy who's a high school student like he's a 5 year old that can't do anything for himself and the movie in general gives off super white saviour vibes. ugh so cringy. ugh.  

Edited by Sugarbeets

Posted

cheesecake is gross

spam is bomb

cloudy weather > sunny weather, i don't like the sun burning my eyes all the damn time

Posted

i hate how asian activism has devolved into east asians screaming "muh representation" and will dick ride any movie or form of media with some random pale east asian person with no regards to actual accuracy. the moment you speak on someone miscasting an east asian person in a role meant for like, any other asian ethnicity you'll be sure to be met with "it's still a small step for us" like bitch????? who's us?????. (i'm south-east asian for context)

Posted

Users who have personal vendettas against the people being discussed in threads are the worst. Like, yeah, none of us really like them and that's why they are in little snowflakes etc. But you don't have to go around LITERALLY hating on them and criticising them in matters that have no basis. People like that are what give this great site a bad reputation

Strongly agree. I'm pretty sure we all agree that lying about your looks, deciving/scamming people, treating supporters like trash and just being a shitty person in general is why they're discussed but we discuss their crappy actions bc thats what is the issue. People with personal vendettas don't even go out of their way to hide it either and use the fact that this is a gossip forum as some type of excuse and justification for it. Yeah...this is a gossip forum not a hate site or a bullying forum. 

Posted

tomatoes are delicious and i will eat them whole like an apple and you cant cannot stop me

Posted

Tacos are overrated ;(

i've been planning to cut someone from my life (my dad). his just too much to the point i can't understand him anymore, it's like i'm looking at a demon.

Posted

Chuck e cheese pizza is good.

Veganism is just a way for people to hide their anorexia most of the time. I believe most vegans have ed and are just using being vegan to lose weight and as an excuse to decline food.

American Chinese food tastes better than authentic Chinese. 

Posted (edited)

lmao I dislike when people refer to pop as soda lol. It’s a Canadian thing I guess, I just find the word soda to be extra for some reason lol. My twin sister will get annoyed at my little sister if she says soda, she’ll be like “you’re not American” lol

no hate though lol I just thought it was funny you mentioned that since I was complaining about the word soda last night

Ohhhhh, I didn’t know it was a Canadian thing. I’ve always heard Americans say it lmao, I think it’s just that the first time I heard someone say “you want a pop?” I thought they were talking about hitting me :alpacadone:

@blvck 

I know it can be hard, especially when you expect them to be there for you and actually care for you because that’s your father. I just want you to know that you’re not alone because I’ve been thinking doing the same with my father except he’s already made the decision to do so 11 years ago 

Edited by Kookie
Added

Posted

Chuck e cheese pizza is good.

Veganism is just a way for people to hide their anorexia most of the time. I believe most vegans have ed and are just using being vegan to lose weight and as an excuse to decline food.

American Chinese food tastes better than authentic Chinese. 

I agree there’s tons of anorexic turned vegans who just change an eating disorder to another (orthorexia), veganism sounds like a safe option to choose since most of the vegan community promotes “healthy” image they don’t feel as quilty eating vegan food compared to non-vegan food. The vegan community also promotes tons vegan diets to stay thin (low fat high carb, 20/80, raw etc). The vegan community is very pressuring and quilt trips vegans who consider quitting. This is especially toxic if you have ED. The vegan community can get very cult like easily since it’s full of militant vegans, I quit being vegan and became vegetarian mostly because of how disgusting the community was.

Posted

I don't know why sexually open people find it acceptable to ask their friends whether they are virgin or not. Not everyone is comfortable with sex-related topics and being a virgin isn't a sin xD