• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Unpopular opinions

5548 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Do you mean the watchpeopledie subreddit???

Nah, I'm talking about Reddit in general. I hate that subreddit and the people there say means things to the dead. But the Reddit admins go way too far too and invading user's privacy and looking at their PMs, there's many accounts of them breaking their own rules because of personal bias and censoring questions and things that aren't even hateful. There's also a lot of political crap on reddit too.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

I never understood people who always swear they're ashamed to be *insert race or gender here* because of one person in *insert race or gender here* being stupid or acting out.

Example: there will be a cringe compilation or a dumb video of someone acting rauchy and the comments will usually be filled with "this is why I'm ashamed to be a ______"

You shouldn't be ashamed of who you are because of people  like that. There are people like that in every race and gender. I get feeling bad or whatever, it just seems stupid  to say something like that

Posted

Ever since Kenna got a seperate nitpick thread, I feel like I am missing out on a lot of things cause feels like it should all be in one thread since the only thing I see as nitpick is people saying the same thing over. Otherwise, it's just someone's opinion and another's nitpick.

Then again, people are now just claiming everything to be a nitpick and all the convo is on the other thread cause everyone is now probably paranoid what they say is going to be deemed a nitpick. This is kinda why I was against the nitpick thread. Most threads thrive on "nitpick" comments cause, come on, this is a gossip thread, this shit is expected.

Posted

Most Japanese people find weeaboos flattering/slightly annoying. The only people who have an issue with Asian wannabes are virtue signaling white people and south east asians who are equally as weeabooish as the people they complain about.

Posted

Ever since Kenna got a seperate nitpick thread, I feel like I am missing out on a lot of things cause feels like it should all be in one thread since the only thing I see as nitpick is people saying the same thing over. Otherwise, it's just someone's opinion and another's nitpick.

Then again, people are now just claiming everything to be a nitpick and all the convo is on the other thread cause everyone is now probably paranoid what they say is going to be deemed a nitpick. This is kinda why I was against the nitpick thread. Most threads thrive on "nitpick" comments cause, come on, this is a gossip thread, this shit is expected.

Agreed! isnt gossip in itself a form of nitpicking by breaking down the person's characteristics and specific actions in order to understand the reason behind them? It is also confusing, while the easiest way was for the readers to skip the pages/parts were the nitpick was overbearing for them. As of recently, you can comment with an unfinished thoughts for fear of being reported or removed to the nitpick thread. the thread isn't even that active, as you would forget what was in your mind moving from one thread to the other.

Posted

People are so good at dehumanizing others that they don't like, it's quite frightening. That's why there's a lot of conflict and division everywhere, even when you least expect it.

Posted

So I got added to that subtle asian traits group on fb and damn do people like to spam the same things over and over. It's like they find the most mundane asian thing to share to get some internet points, but that's to be expected when there's over 1mil people in the group.

Also, I love boba to death but people need to stop acting like it's some sort of personality trait. It's almost the equivalent of the basic white girl obsessed with Starbucks that people used to like making fun of. 

Posted

r/watchpeopledie and r/gore never should have existed in the first place and the people who found it entertaining are actually sick in the head even though they don't want to admit it and try to justify it by saying that it's just interesting to them as an excuse.

Although, this probably isn't that unpopular of an opinion.

Gif is pronounced like Jif and not Gif.

Posted (edited)

r/watchpeopledie and r/gore never should have existed in the first place and the people who found it entertaining are actually sick in the head even though they don't want to admit it and try to justify it by saying that it's just interesting to them as an excuse.

Although, this probably isn't that unpopular of an opinion.

Gif is pronounced like Jif and not Gif.

Playing devil's advocate here I don't think they're all sick in the head, a lot of people just have a innate morbid curiosity deep down because we have to face death ourselves eventually and it's probably the biggest fear and this morbid interest has been ingrained since the earliest of times when people watched gladiators fight to the death. It's not as if the morons who watched those videos hurt people themselves, if anything I'd think they'd be more appreciative of life.

Though I know there are people that think someone's life is a funny punchline to them, making typical reddit humor on someone's tragic end. There probably are some psychopaths on those subreddits that would find these morbid videos interesting. And it's sad how for some it's more important to record people dying instead of attempting to help them. I really do feel bad for all the innocent people who died, they never deserved it. I would never find someones's death entertaining even if it was an awful person.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

Playing devil's advocate here I don't think they're all sick in the head, a lot of people just have a innate morbid curiosity deep down because we have to face death ourselves eventually and it's probably the biggest fear and this morbid interest has been ingrained since the earliest of times when people watched gladiators fight to the death. It's not as if the morons who watched those videos hurt people themselves, if anything I'd think they'd be more appreciative of life.

Though I know there are people that think someone's life is a funny punchline to them, making typical reddit humor on someone's tragic end. There probably are some psychopaths on those subreddits that would find these morbid videos interesting. And it's sad how for some it's more important to record people dying instead of attempting to help them. I really do feel bad for all the innocent people who died, they never deserved it. I would never find someones's death entertaining even if it was an awful person.

I'm not talking about every person who watches the videos/looks at the pictures. People are curious, that's normal and a lot of times curiosity kills the cat.(I've clicked on so many videos knowing what it was about but regretting it after) But I'm talking about people who actually say that it's their favorite sub and that it's entertaining to them. While it can make people appreciate their life more, it also makes people become less sensitive to the topic of killing someone/someone dying and make them not value their life and the life of others because they see it so much, so they'll eventually get used to it and take it less seriously. If anything that adds more problems to the world and we definitely do not need that.

TW/////

There was a video going around the internet a while back, and the video was a man jumping out of his window to commit suicide only for him to be impaled by a pole.

It makes me sick knowing that so many people out there find that entertaining.

Posted (edited)

call me a sicko all you want, but /r/watchpeopledie SHOULD exist

that sub is always depicted as a place for psychopaths and sickos who enjoy watching ISIS beheadings and all that shit when its way more than that

it shows how precious life is and how easily you can die (and i have a morbid curiosity)

it didn't desensitize, it made many people cautious

it shows the uncensored reality of accidents and tragedies that people SHOULD see, and if people are for censorship, then idk what to tell you

i'm dissapointed in reddit for banning this sub. it didn't "glorify violence". it only showed how real and terrifying shootings/killings really are.

a redditor actually explained it well:

I actually frequented the sub. It was almost an unspoken collective thought process between the members that it isn't about glorifying anything. We would never wish for someone to go out and do something horrific just for our viewing pleasure or some fucked up idea like that.

We watch because it incites caution into life. It shows us what life can be, or can cease to be, if you aren't careful.

You can hear on the news all you want about the 50 people massacred in New Zealand yesterday, but those are just numbers and a location. Sure, your grandma may have died from cancer, or your dad had a heart attack, but until you see it, you can't possibly fathom it. I'm sure most people have seen someone die at some point, whether it be on the news or in real life, but you can't fathom death until you immerse yourself in it. Until you see the panic and fear in the person's eyes when they realize there is nothing they can do but die. Until you hear the gutteral, inhuman noises that someone makes when they've been stabbed and are writhing in agony while they wait for the shock to set in.

Seeing the video of the New Zealand gunman puts the situation in a whole new perspective, one that people can't understand from a news article.
Too many people take life for granted, and don't think twice about death. 50 people dying is a tragedy? Sure, but seeing 50 people dying? It's not a tragedy, it's fucking horrific.
Too many people take to twitter after each event, offering their thoughts and prayers. In the words of Anthony Jeselnik, that means fucking nothing.

If everyone offering these useless thoughts and prayers were to see the actual footage of the event, they wouldn't offer that garbage anymore. They'd be doing everything in their power to make sure that no one ever has to go through anything like it ever again.

Edited by Neglected

Posted

call me a sicko all you want, but /r/watchpeopledie SHOULD exist

that sub is always depicted as a place for psychopaths and sickos who enjoy watching ISIS beheadings and all that shit when its way more than that

it shows how precious life is and how easily you can die (and i have a morbid curiosity)

it didn't desensitize, it made many people cautious

it shows the uncensored reality of accidents and tragedies that people SHOULD see, and if people are for censorship, then idk what to tell you

i'm dissapointed in reddit for banning this sub. it didn't "glorify violence". it only showed how real and terrifying shootings/killings really are.

a redditor actually explained it well:

Hidden Content

As I said, I'm not talking about people like you. I'm talking about the people who have actually expressed joy in watching people die, which I've came across a lot of people like that more than ever since it recently got banned, it was as if people just came out of hiding and started talking about how they loved the contents of that sub, not how it made them more cautious and appreciative. Like, it does make many people cautious and realize how precious and valuable their life is (Including me) but for some people. Unfortunately, it works in reverse for them. 

I'll stop talking about it now.

Posted

Someone said something similar before, but Mukbang ASMR videos are literally revolting to me and I don't understand why they're popular. Hearing someone smacking their food or seeing strings of mayo goo closeup in people's mouths makes me want to vomit. 

I would hate to live in a Mansion tbh. It just seems excessive. 

I can't stand when the natural hair community tries to force me to love my hair. I don't hate my hair, but yes, sometimes when I'm up at 4AM doing a twist out or detangling, yeah, I get a little frustrated and I feel like that's completely normal. Learning what works for your hair is part of YOUR journey. 

Procrastination is fucking terrible but I work better under pressure. 

Pringles chips taste like flavored cardboard to me. I don't get the hype.

Going to the club sucks 80-90 percent of the time (I could be going to bad clubs or just getting old). I prefer board games/poker with friends at home.