• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

5988 posts in this topic

Posted

Liking boba tea is not a personality trait 

neither is drinking iced coffee 

Posted

neither is drinking iced coffee 

asian americans are so obsessed with boba tea like it doesn’t taste like drinkable diabetes  

Posted

Liking boba tea is not a personality trait 

You just reminded me: boba is fucking awful

I don't know if it's only where I live, but it usually tastes like sugary water with the slightest detectable flavour, and while those things that pop in your mouth are nice, don't get me started on tapioca...

It doesn't help that it's overpriced either.

I imagine most people only drink it to be trendy, and like squint their eyes and try not gag while doing it?

Posted (edited)

Popular opinion - that guy is an idiot and I’m sorry he treated you that way. How about he learns Romanian so he’s not such an idiot foreigner, rather than picking on your english

Aww, thank you! he just thought he's Prince Charming .... (as he was looking pretty good, especially if you like taller guys with blond hair. i'm 5'10'' and he was a bit taller than me...)

TBH though, Australia is one of the lowest ranked countries when it comes to education I think accordding to the UN we are like 39 out of 41, and I think it's due to lack of resources that subjects like languages suffer. I remember in primary school from like, kindergarten year 4 so like 2002-'06 we had to learn Japanese with these really crappy audio tapes the same shit that we had to use in 2011 when I had to take Indonesian and my Japanese teacher was really really passionate about it as well . Also, I think a lot of Europeans usually consume English-spoken movies/videogames mostly subbed? Unless its like a kids movie or something? I've got relatives from Germany and that's how they learnt English, aside from it being taught at school from like primary school I think?? 

In Romania we watch all foreign movies and shows with subs, unless it's for kids. then there's also music. Because our currency is so weak, we gotta learn at least 1 foreign language to land a better job, or to be paid a little more. Learning a 2nd/3rd language is also a bit easier because there are many countries in Europe, and now we're free to travel and therefore you have more reasons to learn them. 

Traditional costumes/outfits should be brought back into fashion - they would help the economy of the country, the traditions wouldn't die off, and there would be less pollution too. And they should be made by the people they're characteristic to - Kimono by the Japanese, hanbok by Koreans, Russian costumes made by Russians, Romanian ones by Romanians, so on. Everyone should be able to wear them, as long as it's done in a respectful manner, and not as a 'sexy halloween costume"

Edited by peppermint_wish
adding stuff

Posted

asian americans are so obsessed with boba tea like it doesn’t taste like drinkable diabetes  

I'm like the only asian american that I know that hates boba tea. Don't see the appeal. It's gross.

Posted

-Caramel is literally disgusting.

-Its good to be open and reach out if you're at your breaking point but people who post scare tactics like "I'm mixing xx medication with hard alchol lol hope it kills me 🤪" are the reason why its not taken seriously. Especially when they make a point to reply to every comment and cause their friends/family further emotional distress.

-People who post kissing videos...whats the point of that? Other than trying to show off the fact that you don't know how to kiss.

-Bushy natural brows look way better than makeup filled in brows imo

-Ik the history of pugs and the health issues behind it, but honestly if people want to adopt them and care for them let them. Doesn't mean they condone the bad, pugs deserve love and affection like any other dog breed.

Posted (edited)

the kind of boba tea i like is something this local place calls ""fusion tea"", which is sort of like sweetened, better ice tea

it's the kind of boba tea i favor, i dont really like the milky stuff as much and it does not mix well with the consistency of boba. i like the fruit flavored tea a lot better than any of the milk based teas

the only milky asian drinks i like are certain calipico flavors, which go down like smooth soda, i thought calipico looked really gross when i first picked it up, but i ended up liking it.

normal milk triggers my bad breath gene and i really do not like drinking it. for some reason, it gives me the nastiest aftertaste and the nastiest breath. chocolate mlik is probably the one form of milk that doesn't do that.

Edited by lowblow

Posted

the kind of boba tea i like is something this local place calls ""fusion tea"", which is sort of like sweetened, better ice tea

it's the kind of boba tea i favor, i dont really like the milky stuff as much and it does not mix well with the consistency of boba. i like the fruit flavored tea a lot better than any of the milk based teas

the only milky asian drinks i like are certain calipico flavors, which go down like smooth soda, i thought calipico looked really gross when i first picked it up, but i ended up liking it.

normal milk triggers my bad breath gene and i really do not like drinking it. for some reason, it gives me the nastiest aftertaste and the nastiest breath. chocolate mlik is probably the one form of milk that doesn't do that.

You mean calpico/calpis? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

King of The Hill is far superior of a show than Bob's Burgers. And Rick and Morty. 

I don't have to "respect your religion." I will and can respect you as a person, but I have the right to have my own critical views and not respect your religion. Doesn't mean I will actively spout out hate about it or start an argument. But if you wanted my true opinion on it, I don't have to act peachy and say only good things about it. 

Sleeping naked is rarely comfortable for me. I rather have some sort of clothing on. 

I miss parts of high school! Haha

Posted

That show big mouth is not only unfunny and but just creepy as hell like how are you going to show a 14 year old girls vagina? IDC her character and the rest are animated EW. WTF? how are people ok with that?

buttercup is the best powerpuff girl

Agreed. She's so relatable. Blossom was to bossy and Bubbles was to annoying and airheaded for me when i was little to fully stan them.

Posted

That show big mouth is not only unfunny and but just creepy as hell like how are you going to show a 14 year old girls vagina? IDC her character and the rest are animated EW. WTF? how are people ok with that?

This show is hella creepy and somehow really nasty. I kept watching it out of curiosity but would never recommend it to anyone. Sex Education is by far a better show as teaching teens sex-related stuff.

Posted

iggy azalea is actually a good rapper and has several bops, the fact that people still give her hate is beyond me lol 

Posted (edited)

I never understood why Eat Your Kimchi got so much hate for talking about kpop. It's like the fangirls lost their minds when EYK didn't constantly praise everything idols did, or just giving an honest critique of the music. I used to watch them religiously up till I went to college and then I didn't really have time to, but any critique of a kpop song/mv was 99% of the time directed at the actual music companies since they obviously knew that idols don't really have any control of their songs/mv concepts. They actually analyzed videos really well imo, like Jaejoong's Mine as possible symbolism of leaving SM, or the running joke of Ukiss being homeless in almost every mv. It was a chill time in 2013.

Edited by disappointedwitch
can't grammar

Posted

iggy azalea is actually a good rapper and has several bops, the fact that people still give her hate is beyond me lol 

Its not because of her music she get hate (i agree her music is actually pretty good) its because of some of the stuff she said and how she copies black culture when she white