• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Unpopular opinions

4323 posts in this topic

Posted

99% of the people who say "sorry for my bad english" are just fishing for compliments bc their english is usually great lol. or at least that's what it seems like to me

Posted

99% of the people who say "sorry for my bad english" are just fishing for compliments bc their english is usually great lol. or at least that's what it seems like to me

Honestly I used to say that out of anxiety and not for attention. I don't anymore because I'm feeling more confident that before.

Posted (edited)

I mean some (I suppose americans?) can really tear you down for making a simple grammar mistake or spell something wrong and act as if you are the dumbest thing that has ever lived on this planet, as EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD should be able to speak perfect English right!?!?.

and honestly, the worst thing is when you are trying hard to learn a language and people make fun of your mistakes. especially when you are young it hits you hard.

I used to say it  a lot when I was younger too, it is mostly an insecurity thing. and now I honestly just do not care anymore if I happan to make a small grammar error or leave out an E or A. big deal lol.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

I wanna make fun of Kenna for using "nu" instead of "ne" but even that is such a minor, boring mistake that it's no fun.

Posted

Call me an 00's kid but Pokemon DS games peaked at Pokemon black and white. Everything after that is just lacking in one way or another. and the best pokemon DS games were Diamon/pearl/platinum and the heart gold/Soul sivler reeboots. 

Posted

Lol @ the people saying shane dawsons make up is pretty and defending him from people who said it looks bad.  They're the same ones who'd mock and bully a regular person with the same skill set.

Posted (edited)

Call me an 00's kid but Pokemon DS games peaked at Pokemon black and white. Everything after that is just lacking in one way or another. and the best pokemon DS games were Diamon/pearl/platinum and the heart gold/Soul sivler reeboots. 

Game design went down after Gen 5. HGSS was peak Pokemon (biased cause it's my fav games of course and remakes of GSC). They somehow dumbed down a children's franchise ever since XY.

Your opinion has truth to it, XY had no post game, the game was far too easy even for Pokemon standards and it was the start of flashy gimmicks like Mega Evolution. Kalos feels barren. ORAS didn't even have features that Pokemon Emerald had, the director of these games admit to simplifying and streamlining their games because kids have access to a lot of games and people don't have time to sit through longer pokemon games anymore apparently (in other words people's attention spans have shorten).

Sun and Moon and their rerelease with extra content (Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) are filled to the brim with tutorials, pointless padding with cutscenes and a boring plot that is shoved in your face even more. Post game still sucks with little to do after you beat the Elite Four. Game feels pandered towards VGC as they design their pokemon around that and post game is just a battle facility to grind it out for VGC tournaments, also not that great. And at this point kids should know pokemon mechanics so tutorials should be less prominent and more optional, Pokemon has never been complicated at all.  The main game feels very lacking. It's very hard to replay the 3DS games because of these things. 

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are heavily casualized games too, to attract the Pokemon Go fanbase when most of the so called fans left in 2016 after the fad died out and to attract nostalgic people and casual people who have only really heard of the original 151. 

The franchise has also been shilling gen 1 as of late, like we see Kanto all the time now, what's so nostalgic about it anymore. Tons of new features for Kanto Pokemon, Detective Pikachu, Movie 22 with Mewtwo again, a Kanto remake with Pikachu and Eevee mascots, it's like the opposite of Black and White when they tried to forget about Kanto for two seconds and some people who probably didn't even play those games complained about it. 

My opinion is GameFreak has gotten lazier and greedier and are heavily reliant on their loyal fanbase, popularity and nostalgia. The games obviously still work for most people as the franchise remains popular as ever, but I grew up with and played all 7 generations of Pokemon and I can see the decline quite clear. 

Also some of the 3D models look ugly af

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

Oh I forgot to add to the last post. The word queer is a slur, the LGBT+ community trying to reclaim it is fucking stupid and makes many people uncomfortable within the community.

This is the same for the N word. It was used to insult slaves by southern slave owners and yet my race is trying to normalize it. :/ 

Posted (edited)

when people try to perpetuate this positive presence/outlook are annoying. I feel like pushing this whole positivity bs can be more determential to people who try to strive for this but can’t.

it’s ok to feel how you feel when you feel them imo. The more people try to exude this aura like “turn that frown upside down” bs is annoying. Or just now I saw something like “don’t be moody shake your booty”. 😒

It’s okay to cry, it’s okay to be moody from time to time, be angry, etc. you can’t always be positive.

Edited by rosetea
Typos as always lol

Posted

I think nitpicking discussions really go no where tbh and we just end up beating a dead horse, there's never really a solution to it because we all have a different definition of what is nitpicking. For example, someone could think that talking about a snowflakes clothes could be nitpicking, but someone else could think that's completely reasonable to talk about. There's really no boundaries/guidelines to it since like everything else we have an opinion about it. At this point it's just easier to ignore those posts that you think are nitpicking or downvote it and move on because nitpicking discussions literally go no where and clogs up threads. 

Also I think sometimes it better to not have a discussion or a let a thread be dead, then people creating some drama out of no where and out of nothing, if that makes since. Some people literally try to make a big deal out of the most mundane things and it's just unnecessary imo. I think that when I know a snowflake is getting boring.

Posted (edited)

-Being a sex worker and being a victim of sex trafficking are two separate things and sex work does not glamorize or take attention away from how serious sex trafficking can be. If you don't agree with or support sex work, fine. But please do your research and don't mesh the two together just to prove a self righteous point.

-I know this is an unpopular opinion thread but why do people get bum tickled over getting down votes here?? Its literally points online, and people are allowed to disagree with your opinions, popular or unpopular. Its not being sensitive its just how it is.

-Colourpop is affordable but they're one of my least favourite brands. The lipsticks are so streaky and easily smuged, the jelly much shadows have the most bizarre formula ever, clumpy, takes forever to blend out and creases up even when you use primer. Only good thing is their concealers.

-As rude as this sounds, some people really don't have the face to cosplay certain characters. 

-Closet cosplays were meant to be fun,easy and refreshing but now its like lude cosplays. Most of them are lazy and low effort. Its also easy to tell who just does it for popularity and who genuinely does it bc they enjoy the craft but acknowledge how expensive it is.

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted (edited)

- makeup is unnecessarily expensive. I do buy higher quality brands, but still. Loose powder should NOT cost more than $30-40 imo

- sub-tweeting is fucking stupid. Just say what you want to say to a person to them directly 

- I feel like, in some ways, we’re so well educated in Australia. But in other ways, I feel like we are so dumb and lack important skills. For example, language skills. It seems like so many people from non-English speaking countries learn to speak English as well as other languages, too. In Australia, we have the option of learning languages in school but they way they are taught is ineffective and no one seems to utilise what they have learnt because there is no need to. It’s weird, because we’re a very multicultural country. But even people i know who grew up with parents who speak languages other than English at home claim that they actually don’t know their parents language. It almost seems pretty ignorant for such a large proportion of us to be monolingual. I wish I had been taught languages better as a kid, so I wouldn’t struggle as much with them now I’m a bit older and English is so ingrained 

- if you’re playing fortnite in squads and you don’t have push to chat enabled and you just sit there talking out loud the whole time about nonsense, you do not deserve to have a headset and as your teammate, I will break the bonds of brotherhood and wilfully eradicate you 

Edited by Cyrillic

Posted

I was walking down the street downtown, in Bucharest, ROMANIA, with a friend, talking in English (we need to practice -.-) .. and this foreigner (perhaps from Australia -he had a British accent and looked like a surfer...stereotyping him because I still get a bit upset thinking about the incident) started hitting on us. And because we didn't pay him any attention, he started making fun of my accent... So, yea, sometimes I feel the need to say "sorry for my bad english" Also, at times, I may be too tired and type weirdly, or I'm not sure if what i say makes any sense. 

Posted

I was walking down the street downtown, in Bucharest, ROMANIA, with a friend, talking in English (we need to practice -.-) .. and this foreigner (perhaps from Australia -he had a British accent and looked like a surfer...stereotyping him because I still get a bit upset thinking about the incident) started hitting on us. And because we didn't pay him any attention, he started making fun of my accent... So, yea, sometimes I feel the need to say "sorry for my bad english" Also, at times, I may be too tired and type weirdly, or I'm not sure if what i say makes any sense. 

Popular opinion - that guy is an idiot and I’m sorry he treated you that way. How about he learns Romanian so he’s not such an idiot foreigner, rather than picking on your english

Posted

Really wish ppl would wait for the facts before they start canceling on someone. It just makes you look dumb when the person ur canceling is found to be innocent. This whole 'cancel culture' is fucking toxic.