• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Unpopular opinions

4910 posts in this topic

Posted

-Idk if this is unpopular but i hate how thrift shopping has now become a big trendy thing. It initially existed to help out those who wanted nice clothing but couldn't afford it or for those less fortunate in general, and ofc they would be ridiculed for it. Now you've got people who can afford the same stuff alone just going and buying it up bc its the current wave and used clothing is "aesthetic". 

whoever started that trend for the “aesthetic” was stupid. why make something that is supposed to help the less fortunate into a trendy thing. 

Posted

-Idk if this is unpopular but i hate how thrift shopping has now become a big trendy thing. It initially existed to help out those who wanted nice clothing but couldn't afford it or for those less fortunate in general, and ofc they would be ridiculed for it. Now you've got people who can afford the same stuff alone just going and buying it up bc its the current wave and used clothing is "aesthetic". 

its funny how they do it on the premise that "thrifted clothes make u unique and let you express your individuality" meanwhile 99% of the people who thrift look the same lmao

Posted

original fanfiction works on AO3 can be 120% better than published volumes of a famous novel(coming from a book collector). I have recently read an original fanfic that made me bawl my eyes out, have insomnia and fall into melancholic mood because it ended tragically but i truly loved the characters. writing is a gift and there are hidden gems on sites like A03  (still crying though)

whoever started that trend for the “aesthetic” was stupid. why make something that is supposed to help the less fortunate into a trendy thing. 

it would risk making these shops prices rise as it became trendy or famous somehow.

Posted

I think aesthetic is ruining people. I mean I get wanting to have certain themes if you're doing an IG or something on youtube or twitch but like some people just go to fucking far to make their aesthetics happen. I mean look at all the snowflakes on PULL that do it. They will compromise their humanity just for the sake of preserving their aesthetic. Like damn.

Posted

I think movies are a good first date. I don't know, I feel like it breaks the ice especially when it's horror, comedy, or anything animated.

Maybe because in general, I like to chat and discuss about the movie while watching.

Don't people get annoyed when you talk during a movie?

Posted

-eating disorders are self diagnosable, other mental illnesses aren't. 

-fashion modeling doesn't need to be inclusive if the brand doesn't want it to be. they are fashion models, not role models

-baby boomers are the most entitled generation. they made the cost of everything go up but didn't even bother making minimum wage higher. they spent so much money and push their debt to their children and grandchildren. they ignored scientists when they warned of what wastefulness and greenhouse gases do to the planet. they aren't the sole reason why the world is shitty, but they definitely did significantly more damage than gen x and millennials 

Posted (edited)

I think movies are a good first date. I don't know, I feel like it breaks the ice especially when it's horror, comedy, or anything animated.

Maybe because in general, I like to chat and discuss about the movie while watching.

aaaand then you have a nice meal and talk about the movie, which makes an easy conversation which is actually fun.

beyoncé is overrated and i hate pie fight me

(im totes ok with people like either tho)

Edited by nok

Posted

Whiny spoiled brats deserve nothing.

Posted

Don't people get annoyed when you talk during a movie?

No, not really. Every movie theater I go to, people always make loud jokes when it's silent to make people laugh and I'm pretty quiet when talking during the movie.

Posted

When I watch "thrift flips" and watch some chick absolutely KILL a statement/unique piece by cutting it into a F21 crop top, a part of my soul dies. I'm sorry, but if you own a sewing machine and have an ounce of creativity, you can do better. 

Posted

Adults who have children’s toy unboxing channels are nothing more than pathetic money-grabbers. 

Posted

If you’re over the age of 16 and still can’t figure out that it’s dumb to be openly racist don’t expect anyone to feel sorry for you when shit goes tits up. And I’m not even saying to not make your edgy try-hard jokes (even though it’s probably easier that you just get a better sense of humour and um... not be a racist) but at least be smart enough to not plaster that shit all over social media, embarrassing yourself and fucking up your future career prospects 😂 

Posted (edited)

It completely boggles my mind how people keep referring to Gothfruits and her boyfriend as a gay couple on the sole basis of her ~identifying~ as a boy... Sexuality is not based on how people identify. Rin and her boyfriend will never face the risk of being attacked in the street for being "degenerate fags". When Rin talks about how she and her boyfriend have PIV sex, that's not an example of gay sex. If Rin and her boyfriend were living in Iran, they would not risk being arrested on the basis of them being a gay couple and forced to choose between the death penalty and compulsory SRS. There is absolutely nothing that indicates that they are a gay couple other than the fact that they say so, as if homosexual is just a fancy label and not a word that has an actual meaning. It completely trivializes the oppression homosexual (and to an extent, bisexual) people have faced throughout history and still face today.

The truth is that if Rin were to go into a gay bar where only (actual, not pretenders like her boyfriend) gay men were present and say "Date me, I'm a soft gay boi uwu", those men would laugh her in the face – and they would be in their full right to do so.

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

-Bisexual erasure among men is too common and not spoken about enough. 

-people who base their whole personality off of one thing are boring and very hard to connect with.

-a persons gender identity and/or sexual orientation is not and never will be something to debate over.

-If your energy online isn't the same irl, don't go on social media preaching about how people should be.

-People who copy meme captions and post them as their own thing are some of the most annoying and unoriginal people ever.

-I don't  really drink soda but vanillaa coca cola is delicious.

-Vanilla is the best flavour out there. Chocolate is hit or miss and strawberry doesn't taste like strawberry.