Unpopular opinions

2344 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i hate christmas albums unless its ariana grande, otherwise they sound like shit

i don't see how mariah carey is a queen. shes a snobby bitch. kids these days don't even know her.

mariah carey is a bitch queen who invented christmas. delete your comment.

I think some of these are my worst opinions. Sorry if they hurt you... I just wanted to let this out...

I don't like feigning sympathy for botched surgeries for celebrities, or normal people who are/were so insecure about how they look they get voldemort's nose and dissolved chin. If they get surgery and look good, good for them. But if it comes out bad well... sorry for their loss, but disproportionate, alien faces are funny. 

People who complain about everything are annoying... but I find people who complain about [people complaining] more irritating. Ironic because I'm about to do just that, lol.

I also think people use "people complain about everything these days" as a cop-out to having a discussion, and it's pathetic. I'm not trying to deny that they hurt, but words are only as bad as you let them be (not in regards to say, being framed for a crime or something, and you need a testimony....) Bite back harder. Be meaner.  

Screamo singers are fine, but that type of vocal performance ruins all of the really great instrumentals by the rest of the band members. The genre shouldn't exist. 

Children are the most important demographic. I don't think that means you should spoil the shit out of your kids. Just take care of them, please. I don't think anyone is born evil, but they can surely become that way. 

Children who are CHOMOs should still go through the rehabilitation process, but if it happens again, they can't get out of the system. Especially if they are adults, they shouldn't get another chance.

daoko or however you spell her name is not a good rapper/singer. And her music is.... really bad.

Also, reading a lot of you guys' (???english???) posts, since sjw is a popular topic... I like them. I don't mind them, probably because I barely see how ~bad~ they can really be. I think this is a very unpopular opinion in real life. But, what I like most about them, is when the extreme ones fight with some other extreme pleb online who also thinks they are right about everything. That's when things get the most interesting. I think the more wild sjw have potential to be really dangerous irl, but if they get labeled as a terrorist group or something in the US and the KKK doesn't that's going to be so fucking wild. Yeah. it will be shite, but it would be so fucking wild lmao.

Rather than holding grudges, when someone bites more than they can chew, either irl or online, it's hilarious when they can never escape from it. It's just really entertaining LOL 

I think I've mentioned things being entertaining/funny/interesting having pretty high regard to me so far in this post, so I'll bring up my final unpopular opinion: TW if you're suicidal(?)

None of this matters. Literally nothing matters. If you, reading this, died 5 seconds from now, this post, this site, this device you're using to read this, everything wouldn't really matter. Not to go all existential crisis, but seriously, nothing matters. We're only doing things because they're more enjoyable than doing nothing, usually. Isn't the only reason people fear death is because they want to do something? Otherwise you could just die with no resistance should the opportunity arrive, right?? Maybe my psychology course is messing with me, but seriously, nothing you do or think matters. There is no reason for anything. 

You could probably guess from this, I don't have a [problem], or should I say, I'm not effected by people saying "kys" online. I don't say it personally, because I know it really does negatively affect people, but I really don't think anything of it in gcs or whatever/wherever. People don't even have the "guts" to say it irl, but I think if you're fighting someone you really hate or something, and you really want 'em to know how you feel... then okay. Let em know ig. 

Edited by pooraesthetic
spoiler

Posted

im offended

xDDD OMG IM AhAHAHA

Posted

1. I don't like the guy Cover Girl chose for one of the faces of their company his make up is ugly to me and his eye brows are way too thick
  2. I am an anti-sjw not sure of where I stand politically but I am getting tired of the repetitive videos of the right or anti-sjw youtubers reacting to shit the left says, I get it "only two genders" "blm sucks" yadi yada like I am bored talk about something else let us know who you are as a person aside from your political views
  3. Why the fuck are there random 13-15 getting verified on Instagram for doing absolutely nothing? Like Malu for example she's a 14 year old girl from musically who just makes dumb and inappropriate belly dancing videos why the fuck is she verified
  4. Make up is starting to get extremely boring to me, the looks are the same and cut crease is ugly and does not work on hooded eyelids.
  5. Facebook and Instagram stop fucking notifying me when someone goes live I don't give a fuck
  6. Bye-Bye Man looks and sounds fucking stupid
  7. The Mandela Effect is really fucking stupid to me and just sounds like a bunch of paranoid people over looking things

Posted

1. Make up is starting to get extremely boring to me, the looks are the same and cut crease is ugly and does not work on hooded eyelids.
  2. Facebook and Instagram stop fucking notifying me when someone goes live I don't give a fuck

I think that on some people cut creases can be great, and if you've got hooded eyes that have quite a bit of space between your brow and lid folds, but like, I have kinda deep set hooded eyes, and my brows are very close to my eyes so I really can't do a cut crease unless I shave my brows off.

And that's not happening because my eyebrows are amazing.

On that, a lot of tips for hooded eyes piss me off. Like they all seem to assume that you have space between your eyelid and brow, which I clearly don't have, or are ones that I'd never use. Like I'd blend a matte shadow above my crease if I had space? And I'm not giving up metallic/glittery eyeshadows because they're so fun. And mascara's annoying to take off.

But yes I don't care when someone is going live. Please stop.

Posted

I think that on some people cut creases can be great, and if you've got hooded eyes that have quite a bit of space between your brow and lid folds, but like, I have kinda deep set hooded eyes, and my brows are very close to my eyes so I really can't do a cut crease unless I shave my brows off.

On that, a lot of tips for hooded eyes piss me off. Like they all seem to assume that you have space between your eyelid and brow, which I clearly don't have, or are ones that I'd never use. Like I'd blend a matte shadow above my crease if I had space? And I'm not giving up metallic/glittery eyeshadows because they're so fun. And mascara's annoying to take off.

But yes I don't care when someone is going live. Please stop.

Those "tips" never fucking work, every hooded eye is different and I don't know how to describe the eye but I have like three folds in my eyes and doing cut crease is a pain in my ass because it never works out and I end up looking absolutely ridiculous. With my eyes I have space but when it comes to the lid and crease it just doesn't work so cut creases are not my best friend and when I open my eye like at certain angles you can't even see the eye shadow only the wing :')

Posted

• scum's wish isn't that great
  • 90's hip hop is better than what is consider "Hip hop" today 
  • Drake need go go away for awile 

Posted

Those "tips" never fucking work, every hooded eye is different and I don't know how to describe the eye but I have like three folds in my eyes and doing cut crease is a pain in my ass because it never works out and I end up looking absolutely ridiculous. With my eyes I have space but when it comes to the lid and crease it just doesn't work so cut creases are not my best friend and when I open my eye like at certain angles you can't even see the eye shadow only the wing :')

Preach! :alpacacrush: There's barely space between my lids and eyebrows, I'd have to shave half of them off to create space but then my brow bone would be like, "ummm.... why?"

Also, who decided hooded lids can't wear glitter eyeshadow when 90% of make-up is how you're applying it, not what it is?

- It's been about 5-6 hours and I'm tired of seeing Trump on my Facebook feed already. It's done. You voted. Now you have to wait 4 years to vote again.  

Posted (edited)

- Some people on this site can be so stuck up like holy shit. All of us came here to gossip including you so get off your high horse.

- This is kinda dumb but I hate people who screams and overreact in public. Like no, thats embarrassing. Stop shouting, everyone is looking at us now.

Edited by Reia
Forgot F

Posted (edited)

Demi-sexual or worse, demi-romantic are totally normal and it sounds like a fancy way to say that unlike most people, you don't want to have one-night stands. Wake up, most people don't want to sleep with every person they see on the streets either, it's nothing special.

This is so true!!! You don't need to specify your sexual preferences to the world, or create a special name for it, just say you are straight, gay, bi or asexual, and let the details for your potential partner, for god's sake! 

• WHO THE EFFF actually likes that song "Closer" by The chainsmokers ft, Halsey??? I have not met ANYONE that said "oh heyyy I luv this song!11!!" LIKE NO ONE. But based off how many views it has on youtube and the million times it's been played on the radio i'm assuming there HAS to be a lot of people demanding it?? My unpopular opinion is fuck that song its annoying they need to stop

I HATE THAT SONG!! It's really boring...

• introverts who think they're some hot shit bc they like to chill out alone are worse than any extrovert ive ever met. i say this as an introvert myself.

I'm an introvert too and I totally agree with you on this. I hate it when people think they're superior because they prefer watching Netflix than going to a party, for example, and shit like that. People have different ways of spending their time and different ways of dealing with other people.

• The whole labeling thing has gotten way out of hand. I'm talking people who need to give you a disclaimer before you even get to know them. "I'm a biromantic, nonbinary, demisexual vegan. They/them pronouns. If you have a problem with how I express myself or you use animal products, F*CK OFF. Nice to meet you." I don't see the point in all this labeling. It just boxes you in and makes you infinitely less interesting.

Yes!! I think labels can help you understand yourself more sometimes, and either help other people to understand you more quickly (I mean, if you say you're a gay man, even though you kiss girls one time or another, the other person understands right away that you prefer being with men), but recently it's become excessive and really unnecessary. Why do people have to give a special name for their very specific and personal stuff that nobody needs to know at a first contact? Now everytime I see somebody saying they're blablabla-romantic I cringe. I don't even know if "romantic orientation" really exists, btw... 

Edited by NB

Posted (edited)

I don't wanna sound like a horrible person and I actually can tolerate a lot of things, but here's a list of stuff I find annoying

- I absolutely hate everything Christmas related. I don't get that whole fuss every year. Maybe that's because I have some bad memories, but I'm usually extra bored during Christmas time.

- I'm tired of seeing Obama compared to Trump all over the internet. I will never support Trump, but this is getting a little too much, like my whole facebook newsfeed is praising Obama and Michelle, but I think it's time to get over it.

- I think that many people around me really idealize love and relationships and like can't go a day without their partner/dreaming about being in a relationship. It seems that many people don't see happiness in life if they don't have boyfriend/girlfriend, the whole 'relationship goals' thing makes me sick. There is some kind of pressure of society, like I noticed that if person doesn't have a partner in his late twenties, everyone judge that they didn't really succeed in life (I don't know if this is relevant in your countries, but where I live, getting married is like a goal for many many people).

- Someone mentioned 'Closer' by Halsey and I think that song is annoying, while many people seem to enjoy it very much.

- Also many people already mentioned instagram makeup. I dislike it too, like in every video the makeup looks pretty much the same.

- I don't like super-positive people. Optimism is great and complaining all the time is annoying, but it's also annoying when someone is being over-positive, when things are clearly not that great.

- Some kpop fans I've met forget their lives and the only topic they talk about is kpop. Like their tumblr, twitter, facebook, insta etc is filled with kpop, like do you have any other hobbies. The same goes with anime. So that kind of people is a big no from me.

- I hate every religion and every concept about it. In my opinion, everyone should understand what's good and what's bad without some kind of rules dictated by some kind of mystical figure.

Edited by kyoeikokoro

Posted (edited)

I'm not someone who talks a whole lot about stuff like this because I'm not one to get into arguments with others. Please don't take anything personally I genuinely don't want to upset people. :) This list is so long...

• The media lies so much or twists the truth (I live in UK and the coverage for the "Trump protests" are ridiculous, the amount of people there are in support of womens rights NOT to protest Trump. Some are there for both but that isn't the reason this is taking place.)
  • I don't like Trump, however he is now the president and the world should give him a chance regardless of their stance.
  • Racism is racism no matter the race of the victim or the perpetrator.
  • I think it's weird that so many people consider Barack Obama solely as African American instead of African American/White, I thought if anything him being the first mixed race president was equally a first. Considering that the idea of races mixing was hugely taboo for such a long time.
  • The justice system is way too lenient for violent crimes.
  • Brexit is confusing and I don't know if we made the correct choice.
  • I like Theresa May as a person but think she might be a doormat.
  • I think Angela Merkel made a mistake for her own country with her decisions on the Migration crisis despite it being the moral thing to do.
  • I think adoption is amazing and it upsets me that so many people decide to have children when they could adopt. (I want to adopt but my boyfriend is anti adoption.)
  • Abortion is horrific but I agree with it being legalized.
  • Feminism is not as important in my country (England) as it is in so many other countries where their rights are not equal to men, it is still a great movement in the scheme of things though.
  • Prostitution should be legalized, I don't see the problem with consenting, mentally/physically healthy Adults chosing this occupation.
  • I'm Bisexual with a female preference but I don't think I owe it to anyone to come out to anyone I know personally. Me being in the closet doesn't hold back LGTB rights, so what's the problem?
  • Men are slowly becoming unfairly treated/prejudiced against in parts of the world, some feminists want to be better than men and not equal.
  • I like to eat meat but I love all Animals, it makes me feel so guilty and I wish I had been forced into vegetarianism/veganism my whole life.
  • Certain people should have bans on having children/owning animals for their own childrens/animals safety.

Perhaps the most controversial of all:

• I like to watch "Keeping up with the Kardashians" for fun, unironically.
Edited by Iggybee
missing punctuation.

Posted

• I personally hate when people, no matter what fandom they are, think they have a chance of getting together with their bias. That makes for a ton of cringe fest posts of pictures of them with disgustingly loveydovey lyrics
  • I'm personally not for abortion unless the girl got raped or was like...idk the bf lied about wearing a condom or poked a hole in it. If you had unprotected sex and you get pregnant, like I'd legit be mad if you abort the fetus ((but tbh your body your rules shit)).
  • I really hate how if you call out how unnatural makeup styles looks nowadays you're gonna get called a makeup hater and you're gonna get a shit ton of hate just for saying "Down with the Kylie Jenner lips, unnatural highlight, and the Instagram brows." 
  • Closer by The Chainsmokers feat Halsey was only good the first few listens.
  • I don't get cultural appropriation. Maybe it's because I grew up in the Philippines but like, if I saw someone not Filipino or wearing a Barong Tagalog or Baro't saya I'd be hyped the fuck up.
  • I don't get how people are legit done with natural makeup looks. Like... I'd rather look like a less haggard version of myself than a Kardashian clone thank you.
  • I get sad and mad when I see Filipino-Americans who grew up not learning how to speak Tagalog.
  • I don't get the hate on Kylie's products. I have a few of them and they're actually pretty good. Yeah, they're expensive and you're paying for the name, but she has good products.

And for the K-Pop fans

• Bigbang is overrated. There I said it. 

Posted

- There's no point to funerals. They're expensive as fuck and it honestly creeps me out when I think about when I die they're gonna preserve my body so people can stare at it. I know it doesn't really matter since I'll be dead, though. But it's still a huge burden on the living and I honestly wish my family would agree on just not having a funeral for anybody in the family.

- I wish American culture would become more open to criticisms about weight. We need to stop normalizing "curvy" figures. There's a difference between Korean S-line bodies and just being overweight.

- I didn't understand what the point of the Women's March was yesterday. I'm actually clueless. It was on social media everywhere but it's like none of them had any clear goal in mind.

• I get sad and mad when I see Filipino-Americans who grew up not learning how to speak Tagalog.

Aww, I'm on the other side of this and I agree; I think it's really sad too and I get mad thinking about how my parents gypped me by not teaching me Chinese when I'm Chinese-American. :(  I know they didn't think they were doing any harm, but I feel kind of disconnected from my culture. 

Posted (edited)

my personal opinions

• yuri on ice isnt that great;; too hyped up
  • in a general sense i dont think photoshopping is a bad thing if youre honest about it and not totally abusing it like erika lipps or berry. everyone has their own insecurity and not everyone can afford plastic surgery. if you lie about photoshopping then thats obviously different and warrants being called out on
  • same with plastic surgery, if you can afford it then thats great just dont pull a wengie
  • adding filters or adjusting the lighting or exposure to photos doesnt really equate to sh00ping 
  • that wolfiecindy girl isnt that gorgeous to me
  • i dont like coffee or understand the hype for coffee
  • most kawaii super positive girls are annoying to me. such as jasmine blu and pastel cutie. its great they are positive but sometimes they seem sketchy and low-key fake
  • most league streamers on twitch are annoying or problematic and all look or act the same;;
  • i dont like todays music that plays on the radio
  • most youtube content now sucks its all stupid life hacks and click baity titles. even some of the older youtubers i use to follow are clickbaity
Edited by miruku

Posted

• I like suikoden series but suikoden 2 is so overrated, almost everyone and their mom are praising this and ignoring the other installment, actually the plot and storyline is pretty cliche (two friends end up become enemy) and I just can't with the fans that keep bashing FF just to praise suikoden 2. I felt they're more annoying after kotaku(lmao) made an article praising this game.
  • Resident Evil 6 is not as bad as people talked about, most fans are angry because it's no longer a survival horror like RE 1-3 and 0. The ending is little bit weird though...
  • I never get the MGS hype, sorry
  • Ship war is the most stupid thing that I ever seen, bickering over a fictional ship sounds pretty pointless
  • I wish there's more stat raising otome game like tokimemo gs, most of otome games are visual novel based where you just only need to pick a right choice to get the best ending. Tokimemo GS force you to raise your status to get the best end (yeah I'm biased there..)