• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

7859 posts in this topic

Posted

I am just so over this whole streetwear style esp when I see that high fashion brands are also in it. It's ugly imo. 

Posted

I hate how fans these days think being a fan means blindly praising the stuff they're fans of and that it's immune to criticism, Reddit is a strong example of this.

Posted (edited)

I don't see anything wrong with watching let's players or playthroughs and getting into a game because of let's plays. that's how I first got more interested in gaming before I began to play certain games myself.

and some people can't afford consoles immediately nor the cost of the games for them so it's understandable (I can't afford a switch right now even though I REALLY want to play switch games welp!!)

now it may not necessarily be as enjoyable as playing the games for themselves but I feel like it often actually inspires people to buy / play games themsleves in a sort of "try or see it before you buy it" scenario. which is exactly what I did with persona 5, since I don't mind being spoiled plot wise. I find that it can sometimes be enriching to the content of the game by watching someone else play it, in a different way than you.

Edited by powdered madness

Posted

I can't believe logan paul has 18 million subscribers and gets away from laughing at suicide forest in japan.

Posted

they need to stop making new pokemon before it turns into a shit show

This. I never thought they needed to make so many new Pokemon for every series. Maybe add like a couple of new ones each series but not like 150 for each one. And I am sorry but the newer the Pokemon the uglier they seem to get. I still play my SoulSilver over the new ones I have xD

Posted

Netflix is crap and I don't get the love for it. They barely had any of the movies I liked new and old and their search really sucked. >< Like damn. 

True. Scrolling through, so many movies and still can't decide what to watch xD Wish they'd include more late 90s- early 2000s teenage comedies and romance ones.

Posted

This is probably going to be SUPER unpopular but I really can’t stand the “white people have no culture” argument. Like, yes we do. Just because western culture is so deeply integrated into the day to day lives of most countries, does not mean white people have no “culture.” 

People act like all western culture is hot dogs and conquering nations, but it’s not. What about Eastern European culture? What about Southern European? What about Scandinavian? Heck, even white Australian culture.

I know that us whites are the absolute worst, okay. Our ancestors did some fucked up shit and there are still some bad eggs out there today. But not all white people are bad and cultureless and invaders.

And not everything that happened in the past is the fault of whites today. Heck, not even all our European ancestors can be blamed. Do you think my great-great-great grandfather wanted to be sent to Australia on a 7 year sentence for stealing some flour to provide for his 15 children? No. He just wanted to go back to Germany, he didn’t want shit to do with England and their colonising ways.

Also, on that note, the “white people can’t handle spicy foods” thing is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. I don’t know where this came from, and if it’s just a meme, I don’t get it at all. But it’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. My uncle is pretty damn white and I’ve witnessed this man destroy his tastebuds countless times with the spiciest concoctions you could imagine. 

If you really want to hate all white people, find something valid to criticise them for. Not for their apparent tastebuds and lack of exotic culture.

Posted

I can't believe logan paul has 18 million subscribers and gets away from laughing at suicide forest in japan.

and here i thought he lost subribers after that incident but i was wrong. he shouldn't deserve gaining more subscribers.

Posted (edited)

This is probably going to be SUPER unpopular but I really can’t stand the “white people have no culture” argument. Like, yes we do. Just because western culture is so deeply integrated into the day to day lives of most countries, does not mean white people have no “culture.” 

People act like all western culture is hot dogs and conquering nations, but it’s not. What about Eastern European culture? What about Southern European? What about Scandinavian? Heck, even white Australian culture.

I know that us whites are the absolute worst, okay. Our ancestors did some fucked up shit and there are still some bad eggs out there today. But not all white people are bad and cultureless and invaders.

Hidden Content

Also, on that note, the “white people can’t handle spicy foods” thing is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. I don’t know where this came from, and if it’s just a meme, I don’t get it at all. But it’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. My uncle is pretty damn white and I’ve witnessed this man destroy his tastebuds countless times with the spiciest concoctions you could imagine. 

If you really want to hate all white people, find something valid to criticise them for. Not for their apparent tastebuds and lack of exotic culture.

this is far from an unpopular opinion lol. maybe unpopular on a niche corner of the internet but not in general.

when those people talk about white people or western culture they are 99% of time talking about america/canada not western/northern/Southern etc Europe cause they dont know shit about Europe.

and also ´´I know that us whites are the absolute worst, okay. ´´ Just NO stop there. every continent has done fucked up shit not just Europe/White people. if that makes white people the ´´absolute worst´´ than so is every other race on this planet.

Also are people really that dumb to think there are countries out there that do not have a Cuisine,Folkore,Traditional Costumes,Unique Holidays,traditional music/dances? There is literally not even one country in the world that has NO culture of their own.

people who only define their identity around their own race are people who have nothing else going on for them, so then they take pride in something they have no control over and most people IRL couldnt give a shit about lol.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

also ´´I know that us whites are the absolute worst, okay. ´´ Just NO stop there. every continent has done fucked up shit not just Europe/White people. if that makes white people the ´´absolute worst´´ than so is every other race on this planet.

Thank you for pointing that out!

It also pisses me of when I see these memes about white ppl, although sometimes I can laugh about them since some ppl actully fit this messed up stereotype (e. g. white ppl dancing). After all it´s a meme. 

Posted

We need to love ourselves more. *hugs for everyone* 

Posted

If I hear ONE MORE PEDOPHILE say they're "trans-age", I'm going to rage.

AGE IS A MEASUREMENT OF TIME, YOU CAN'T CHANGE A MEASUREMENT

GENDER IS AN IDENTITY, YOU CAN CHANGE AN IDENTITY

Posted

We need to love ourselves more. *hugs for everyone* 

the trend of accepting yourself and everyone else should be more popular!!!

I'm tired of seeing all the suicidal memes because  it contributes to the lower morale of today's society , and people claiming to have depression to seem more special and edgy (despite the fact it may be a coping mechanism for some people)

Posted

the new "funny" "edgy"pewdiepie just steals shit from H3H3, Idubbbz and filthyfrank. No originality whatsoever.

There are kpop albums/EP's that i would classify as pop masterpeices like F(x)'s pink tape and red velvets ice cream cake.

Posted

The song "baby" is overhated