• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Unpopular opinions

741 posts in this topic

Posted

Passing as a female is more than looking cute and an animé girl.

Posted

Maybe some of those are popular unpopular opinions but eh, who cares if I have shit taste ? It's venting anyway. Sorry, this is freaking long :P

• I think that cosplayers who buy their outfits are missing out on one of the biggest joys of the hobby, so I can't really consider them as "true cosplayers" even if I hate to say it so.
  • It goes among the same lines but closet cosplay *really* irks me. Especially if the cosplayer expects you to recognize their character. Straightening your brown hair, wearing a white shirt and a red skirt doesn't make you Asuna. The only times I'm fine with it is if said character actually wears this outfit or if it's an MLP cosplay.
  • I hate PDA in general and the need to publicize your sex life and fetishes. To each their own, and as long as you're not hurting other people or yourself, I don't care.
  • I don't like marshmallows, bacon and I don't see what the deal with peanut butter is or why everybody seems so obsessed with it.
  • Orange flavored candy tastes weird, but I love real oranges !
  • I don't like pumpkin anything. Or even worse : pumpkin flavor. :S (Trust me, I love food, there aren't many things I don't like but it's one of the few things I find hard to eat)
  • Seaweed, salmon and seafood are the bomb though.
  • I like black licorice (Fight me)
  • Eating the crust first is still the most satisfying way to eat pizza. I do the same with my sandwiches too, even if it's toast.
  • I dislike how AVEN treats the definitions of terms on the ace/aro spectrums. Basically anyone who feels a little flakey can look at the term they want, as if they were window shopping and select the one they prefer. Because instead of having clear definitions like "Heterosexual", "Gay" "Bi" have, it's "up to you to make up your own definition and only you can decide what your definition is" because at this point it could mean absolutely anything.
  • Demi-sexual or worse, demi-romantic are totally normal and it sounds like a fancy way to say that unlike most people, you don't want to have one-night stands. Wake up, most people don't want to sleep with every person they see on the streets either, it's nothing special.
  • I honestly believe that if trans people don't want to be misgendered they should wear a freaking badge with their pronouns instead of complaining that the cashier at the grocery store called you sir. Either that or you suck it up. Seriously though, I don't get how that this is considered offensive because most of those poor people couldn't even know in the first place.
  • Allies shouldn't be considered a part of the LGBT community.
  • I like yaoi/shonen-ai, but only a little part of it. Most of it is either ultra-boring, badly written, doesn't go anywhere, fetishises gay relationship, is abusive, has an awful art style or a mix of them.
  • I enjoyed watching YOI but can anyone tell me how it was "groundbreaking" or how it took half of the crunchyroll awards on its own?
  • Speaking of YOI, the OP and ED are nice, but I don't get why people are so obsessed about them.

Posted

Maybe some of those are popular unpopular opinions but eh, who cares if I have shit taste ? It's venting anyway. Sorry, this is freaking long :P

• Orange flavored candy tastes weird, but I love real oranges 

OH MY GOD SOMEONE ELSE WHO FEELS LIKE THIS??

Like I loathe orange flavoured things, but I like orange juice and oranges, which has lead to me eating an orange, whilst trying to give an orange flavoured cake that was given to me on a school trip to someone else because it's gross.

Posted (edited)

OH MY GOD SOMEONE ELSE WHO FEELS LIKE THIS??

Like I loathe orange flavoured things, but I like orange juice and oranges, which has lead to me eating an orange, whilst trying to give an orange flavoured cake that was given to me on a school trip to someone else because it's gross.

OMG, I never met someone else who felt that way either ! This thread is awesome. :alpacashocked:

I'll often have oranges, tangerines and blood oranges as a snack when I'm hungry, but every time I buy some candy I need to segregate the orange flavored ones and give them away to people. Some of them are alright so I still eat them worst case but the vast majority is just vile. Especially these ones, these are the worst. (This is a warning for anyone who ever comes across these, I know they're sold in Europe, not sure about the US) One of my friends gave one to me (it happened to be orange) but it tasted exactly like those barf jelly beans and I almost had to puke. What an insult to oranges ! :alpacamad:

Edited by SKR
I fixed the link

Posted (edited)

- I actually quite like being white.

- The Hunger Games <<<<<< Battle Royale.

- I don't believe that everyone in Korea uses a 10-step skincare routine.

- I don't understand why people white-knight someone in a thread and then make sarcastic attacks on others when their opinion is challenged.

- Any man and his dog seems to be able to teach English as a foreign language and I think that that is 90% of why people can't read the context in a post/statement. 

- Girls streaming League of Legends on Twitch makes me cringe.

- I think it's okay for certain jobs to be more appealing to certain genders. For example: historically, women were always with other women when they gave birth. Hence, midwives tend to be women. Not because everyone hates men; rather because men, historically, don't give birth. Well, shit.

- You will always need a sperm and an egg to make a baby (even if you're in a same-sex relationship). 

- Demanding English subs on a V Live video is annoying. It's live. They're Korean. It's in Korean? :alpacaconfused:

- When people whine about getting in trouble for using their phone at work, when in the policies that they signed when they first got the job it says "no phones to be used when in work". Are you just stupid or did you lie about not having a problem with reading on the application?

- I feel that some of the threads in the "online personalities" section pop up purely because someone claims to be half-Asian, not because they do anything remotely problematic.

- You can grow out of interests, but you should never be made to feel as though you're too old for something. I say this as someone who is in my late twenties and is sick of seeing comments like "they're too old to be browsing DeviantArt" or "it's a children's card game so why is it played by 30-year-olds?". My generation made DA what it is so you can do one. You also need a decent wage to be able to afford half the TCGs out there. Pocket money ain't gonna cut it. Age is just a number. Yes, I would love to be able to call Kim In Seong "oppa" but I can't and I'm dealing with it.

- Lipliner is exactly that. For lining your lips. You don't colour your entire lip in and then gloss over the top. It even says on the Kylie lip kit boxes to line your lips, the fill it in with the gloss. Kylie hasn't got a fucking clue either. Honestly it makes me doubt the credibility of beauty "gurus" when they do this. You can't even follow instructions yet you claim to be the be-all-and-end-all when it comes to beauty?

Edited by Amika
Read the box. Dismayed.

Posted

•  Under the second Amendment, Americans should have the right to keep and carry RPG-7s. 
  • League of Legends is a fun game, the new champs they add just get insanely OP compared to the rest every time. 
  • It urks me when users say "Oh I feel much better about myself now that I find out that girl shoops her photos or had plastic surgery" on the snowflake forums. 
  • BTS members aren't sexually attractive. They look like scrawny boys wearing heavy eye make up and I find none of them 'hot'. Their music is great though ^_^
  • I struggle to find the beauty in septum piercings. 
  • Aside from the obnoxious shit Donald Trump says, some of his political stances don't seem that bad.
  • Love Live Sunshine should have never existed. When people mention LL I will only think of muse. 
  • D.VA has the least interesting lore compared to all the other overwatch characters and I don't know why she's as popular as she is aside from the fact that she's a QT.

and finally.... 

• WHO THE EFFF actually likes that song "Closer" by The chainsmokers ft, Halsey??? I have not met ANYONE that said "oh heyyy I luv this song!11!!" LIKE NO ONE. But based off how many views it has on youtube and the million times it's been played on the radio i'm assuming there HAS to be a lot of people demanding it?? My unpopular opinion is fuck that song its annoying they need to stop

Posted (edited)

• it's ridiculous to identify completely with the political right or the political left. there's always things that you will agree with more on the other "side", and that's cool and healthy.
  • i don't care what gender people what to identify as, so long as they clearly explain and don't get angry w people when they can't immediately tell that they use "They/them" pronouns
  • fiction kin are the stupidest fucking things lmao
  • i hate grape and banana flavoured things
  • fish is awful in all forms
  • i get bored easily when discussing fictional pairings that are too "Vanilla". if the characters in question are just.... nice to each other and nothing else, it's nothing more than just worthless fluff.
  • mekakucity actors sucked; ayano tateyama should have stayed dead.
  • i actually still really like undertale even tho i dont discuss it bc its not  C O O L  anymore
  • introverts who think they're some hot shit bc they like to chill out alone are worse than any extrovert ive ever met. i say this as an introvert myself.
  • velvet is an awful, awful fabric
  • 97% of clothes at forever 21 look like they were sewn by a blind person who also happened to have no fingers.

biggest one now tho

• there are always going to be things that suck, but that we can't change. it's not transphobic to be a gay man and not attracted to a trans man, because the trans dude's body still presumably has a uterus and such. it's not racist to be more attracted to a certain skin tone to another, it's just something that happens. people who are born as men typically have a more suitable body structure for physical labor and strength. it's easy to want to slap labels on unfortunate happenings, but things aren't quite so black and white. people aren't created equal, and a lot of social issues can't be fixed with "informing" people that they're (insert prefix here)phobic. all we can do is really just bite the bullet and try to be kind to one another. all of us.
Edited by kano
suddenly got angry about asshole introverts. had to mention it.

Posted

Trivial things: I can't stand all of the trendy Asian/modern sweets. I hate these synthetic flavours, unnatural feel, marshmallows, jellies... everything. I only like natural classic things like caramel, whipped cream ice creams, natural chocolates, butter cookies, creme brule, home-made cakes (and still 20% of them).

Thing lots of people consieder as problematic: You can appropriate white culture. I've read lots of articles and it's so stupid when author points things like eating pasta/hamburgers, wearing suit and having blonde hair as things white ppl are mad about. These are mainstream things now - belong to global culture and if you say you can appropriate it - you're probably stupid or selfish, I have to agree. 

But pointing it as a main topic discussed when you say about culture of the Europe... are you ignorant or just uneducated at all? Even if you'll forget about thousands years of history of art, music, literature and dance (in my opinion stuff like that always should be open for everyone - art is worth to share), think about thousands of years of our countries. Wars, changing borders, small communities. Every region of our country has own folklore, style of architecture, songs, ornaments, legends, traditional clothing, in small Poland where I live (38m of Polish people) there are about 40 main different folk styles and cultures, not to mention previous ages before this folk era. It all belongs to these small communities and in other countries you'll see similar history.

So I adore people taking care of their history and culture, but I'm sick of these teenage full mainstream girls seeing their culture and country in books in school, but trying to be social justice warriors just because of genes and trend, meanwhile taking down another cultures/races and showing lack of knowledge about world at all... 

Posted

Eating the crust first is still the most satisfying way to eat pizza. I do the same with my sandwiches too, even if it's toast

Same here! I start with the plain boring crust, so I can quickly move on to the delicious cheesy part and finish with that.:alpacawink:

Maybe it's related to my tendency to eat vegetables first on my plate(another weird trait of mine)

Posted

- I think korean male idols look way too feminin and I will never ever find them 'hot' 

- weeaboos are not nearly as cringey as koreaboos.

- Korean plastic surgery makes everyone in Korea look the same. 

- I thought a lot about actually leaving pull.While it is fun discussing certain people and exposing their mistakes,in the end it's ultimateley just a waste of time. Some pull users are constantly everyday online shitposting and I do wonder sometimes if they have actual jobs irl lmao.

Posted (edited)

I hate when people say to call them by their pronouns, i'll only do that if you are transgender, not some transtrender* who wants to be a special snowflake.

i think when people say they are pansexual they are trying to be some sort of snowflake like just say you're bi its the exact same thing you just want to be some special snowflake.

I don't get the hype with highlighters. it looks like sweat. i mean a little is nice but girls at my school look like they are sweating 24/7

plastic surgery isn't bad so i don't see why so many people get mad at it.

saying the n word in a sort of friend sense or singing to a song that has the n word is not racist. its only racist if you direct it towards someone in a vulgar way

sjw's are so stupid and cultural appropriation is too. like wow i didn't know braids were a solely black thing because they aren't. i hate it when white people tell me that they don't want to wear braids or dreads because its appropriating like no it isn't you can wear them.

i don't like dreads on any race. i think they look ugly on all races unless they are short dreads and not long ones.

Exo's song lotto is total shit. its so tacky. *i really was rooting for you guys*

i hate christmas albums unless its ariana grande, otherwise they sound like shit

i don't see how mariah carey is a queen. shes a snobby bitch. kids these days don't even know her.

i hate how sjw mexicans always try to hate white people and light skinned mexicans for no reason saying they don't know struggle. bitch i've been through more struggle than you can imagine.

if you say you can appropriate POC culture than you can appropriate white culture

reverse racism isn't real because its just racism for fucks sake

i feel like PULL is becoming more tumblr/SJW type and it sucks

i hate loud people, they hurt my head

Edited by Sold

Posted

Exo's song lotto is total shit. its so tacky. *i really was rooting for you guys*

im offended

Posted

• The whole labeling thing has gotten way out of hand. I'm talking people who need to give you a disclaimer before you even get to know them. "I'm a biromantic, nonbinary, demisexual vegan. They/them pronouns. If you have a problem with how I express myself or you use animal products, F*CK OFF. Nice to meet you." I don't see the point in all this labeling. It just boxes you in and makes you infinitely less interesting.

Posted

• The whole labeling thing has gotten way out of hand. I'm talking people who need to give you a disclaimer before you even get to know them. "I'm a biromantic, nonbinary, demisexual vegan. They/them pronouns. If you have a problem with how I express myself or you use animal products, F*CK OFF. Nice to meet you." I don't see the point in all this labeling. It just boxes you in and makes you infinitely less interesting.

This

friendship should be a fun romp and not a tiring chore. if you're literally going to berate someone that you befriend for not 100% adhering to an excessive amount of labels all the time, then you don't deserve them to begin with, and moreover, they don't deserve you treating them like a lesser being over the absurdest shit