• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6081 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hi guys.

i'd like to apologize for my behaviour in this thread over my previous posts. i came off as rather obnoxious and immature. i don't want to make excuses, but i don't know what came over me. 

i'm sorry for hurting people's feelings and bashing them, and i won't do so again.

thank you for understanding.

Edited by nok

Posted

hi guys.

i'd like to apologize for my behaviour in this thread over my previous posts. i came off as rather obnoxious and immature. i don't want to make excuses, but i don't know what came over me. 

i'm sorry for hurting people's feelings and bashing them, and i won't do so again.

Nothing wrong with letting your feelings out. You did make some good points, the metoo movement has done good but also some people like to take advantage of it which is the case for everything. Nothing's black and white.

Posted

hi guys.

Nah, don't apologize for ur own opinions. This is an unpopular opinion thread after all. This site is the tamest one I've seen so far regarding to unpopular opinion. They will mostly just downvote u if they don't agree. Others that I've been to will not only downvote u, but u will get tons of pm from those angry ppl lmao knowing full well that their feelings might get hurt and not all ppl follow the mob mentality. 

Posted

i see a lot of people bashing ITZY's debut song, but i think it's a bop, and can't stop listening to it. 

Posted

- I prefer pull 1-2 over current pull, some people here clearly just have personal vendetta towars online personalities and flakes, pull can have this crowd mentality easily and I think alot of people get lost in that.  People get mad when this is mentioned but in some specific cases some users really are acting out of jelousy. I considered applying for moderation last time but realized most of the users would’ve just hated me if I told them to stop derailing every time they take part in it. I also wish people stopped taking this site so seriously, It’s just an anonymous gossiping forum, there is no need for your entire life history. 

I didn't know about the old pull I only made an account last year. But I agree with you this is such a annoying problem. I also feel like there are a lot more underage users then we think. I actually feel like a lot of users feel the same, it seems though that you can't express those opinions in the threads themselves because all users guilty of that behaviour will just downvote, ignore or say you must be a whiteknight or whatever when these issues have nothing to do with the flake lol.

Posted

I didn't know about the old pull I only made an account last year. But I agree with you this is such a annoying problem. I also feel like there are a lot more underage users then we think. I actually feel like a lot of users feel the same, it seems though that you can't express those opinions in the threads themselves because all users guilty of that behaviour will just downvote, ignore or say you must be a whiteknight or whatever when these issues have nothing to do with the flake lol.

Once in a while the users mention their age and im like :/ underaged users should get banned. I agree with the other users here, we need stricter mods or at least more of them. I wish more users cared less about getting downvoted, it doesn’t really matter I mean it’s pull why would you want to get upvotes on purpose or be scared of being downvoted. It’s useless in my opinion, I think alot of threads here have a mob mentality. I also don’t understand why people reply to actual whiteknights when they could just report it, it just derails the thread.

Posted

^ preach

i know they tell us to “use the report button!!!!”  but what’s the purpose if you’re too busy with irl shit to use the report button to begin with? 

i also kinda wanna be a moderator, but i don’t really know much about the most popular flakes to moderate those threads xD

Posted

Once in a while the users mention their age and im like :/ underaged users should get banned. I agree with the other users here, we need stricter mods or at least more of them. I wish more users cared less about getting downvoted, it doesn’t really matter I mean it’s pull why would you want to get upvotes on purpose or be scared of being downvoted. It’s useless in my opinion, I think alot of threads here have a mob mentality. I also don’t understand why people reply to actual whiteknights when they could just report it, it just derails the thread.

To also add, why are ppl afraid of getting downvotes and desperately want to be like from ppl whom they never even met irl? 

Posted

To also add, why are ppl afraid of getting downvotes and desperately want to be like from ppl whom they never even met irl? 

Dunno but I feel like I'm getting misunderstood. I don't care about downvotes or upvotes. In some threads there is a hivemind going on and any criticism to stupid derailing behaviour in those threads will get buried and ignored by these people that dominate the thread. That's kinda my problem with it. But at the same time I don't really care about it. I just choose not to read essay about people being all boohoo about their lives and how jealous they are of whatever flake so yeah

Posted

I have no idea if this has been mentioned before because i dont feel like scanning all 250+ pages lol but i thought of this last night

I'm sooooo sick of all of those new yotube channels that post videos like "Everything wrong with [youtuber/influincer/website] in 8 minutes" they're all like carbon copies of eachother with no personality to them. They all make videos on the same people with the same points and even the same royalty free music. I watched a couple of Ready to Glare and Repzilla videos and now it's ALL i get in my recomended tab. Ugh. And they never actually have anything meaningful to say, it's always like "1. she has an annoying voice, 2.she's friends with someone else i dont like, blah blah blah" like yes some real hot takes there sweetie 

Posted

I prefer pull 1-2 over current pull, some people here clearly just have personal vendetta towars online personalities and flakes, pull can have this crowd mentality easily and I think alot of people get lost in that.  People get mad when this is mentioned but in some specific cases some users really are acting out of jelousy. I considered applying for moderation last time but realized most of the users would’ve just hated me if I told them to stop derailing every time they take part in it. I also wish people stopped taking this site so seriously, It’s just an anonymous gossiping forum, there is no need for your entire life history. 

there was an older version of pull?? I made this account a few months ago (been a long time lurker tho) but i fully agree nonetheless.

I see some threads and can just tell if the input is legitimate tea or just vendetta posting. I also think a lot of people use a snowflakes problematic actions as an excuse to demonize their whole character and (for lack of a better word) act like a bunch of envious bullies. Especially if said snowflake is a sex worker or just comfortable with their bodies and sexuality, the thread will be filled with passive aggressive slut shaming and a bunch of holier than thou posts.

Tbh, i wish more users were as bold as some on lolcow instead of just joining in to avoid downvotes. I don't care for lolcow too much but if you vendetta post or derail, a bunch of them won't hesitate to call you out on it and tell you "Post milk on x person or fuck off" if you keep it up, they'll put you out of pasture or just ignore you and keep the thread going as it should.

Posted (edited)

Asexuals are not oppressed any more than anyone else who doesn't want to have sex. Putting a label on it doesn't make you suddenly more oppressed than people who just are disinterested in sex and consider themselves non-queer. It's not aphobia, it's just the sexual stigma about how much/how little you're fucking that literally everyone faces, including heterosexuals. 

On that note, Edward Gorey was a real cool dude. 

Edited by darlin

Posted

Storytime youtubers are pretty much the embodiment of r/thathappened.

Posted (edited)

-People who complain about Valentine's day are way more annoying than obnoxious couples tbh. Only reason they think its dumb is bc their single and in most cases...bitter.

Edited by Van ghostly