• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular opinions

6080 posts in this topic

Posted

Ursa is a bad mother. I understand being afraid of Ozai and being banished by him, but willingly choosing to lose your memories and forget about your children? Yeah, no excuse there. 

Posted (edited)

I feel like I'm going to get hate for this but this is an unpopular opinion thread so: I'm honestly sick of some African americans and their superiority complex torwards white people and other poc. Like some literally swear that everyone is jealous of them, their culture and styles and that we all want to be them. While i don't think there is anything wrong with being black, that couldn't be anymore far from the truth.

Yes your style and culture is pretty cool but other cultures are cool too and i hardly see other poc say things like that or call them "culture vultures" when they show interest in other cultures themselves. Heck i see some African Americans appropriate other cultures or indulge in eraser of cultures claiming everyone is black, and anyone who disagrees is automatically called racist etc.

It just bugs me so much bc imagine the reactions if white people or other poc said this sort of stuff.

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted

it's 2019 and people still make "I'm not like other girls" posts/comics. 

Posted

-Its so annoying when left leaning Americans say white people have never been oppressed when infact they have been in history "oh but its always done to white people by other white ppl hurr durr" what about the ottoman and barbary slave trade? slavic slave trade? Dutch, Russian and australian comfort women in ww2? Armenian genocide? yeah, white privilge really payed off in those situations. Fucking idiots. learn about history outside of your own. The world doesn't revolve around your country.

- Why do people think hillary clinton is this wonderfull human when she called black people super predators, is friends with a former KKK leader, and Defended a rapist? Shes just as bad as trump FFS. 

- I don't see the point in voting if its always going to be four people (how many parties there are in Canada) that all come from rich families that can't relate to the common person at all. Also federal voting in many countries is rigged AF how do ya'll think bush got a second term? it all comes down to connections and money at the federal level not whos the most qualified. 

People who have #MAGA or #Iamwithher in their bios are equally uneducated trash and need to do some godamn research.

Posted (edited)

-Its so annoying when left leaning Americans say white people have never been oppressed when infact they have been in history "oh but its always done to white people by other white ppl hurr durr" what about the ottoman and barbary slave trade? slavic slave trade? Dutch, Russian and australian comfort women in ww2? Armenian genocide? yeah, white privilge really payed off in those situations. Fucking idiots. learn about history outside of your own. The world doesn't revolve around your country.

Seconded. Some Americans (and some other Westerners as well) need to stop acting like because the United States and a few other countries in Europe have a history of colonialism and imperialism, that means that the whole of Europe has the exact same history and that the American analysis model of social and ethnic dynamics applies to every European country. It's really elitist

Edited by JunkFood

Posted (edited)

The opression/struggle Olympics needs to be left in 2018. Everyone in life has been opressed at some point for any reason. Everyone has struggled in life, even those who appear to be doing better.

Race, gender, sexuality, apperance and wealth doesn't mean anything. If you exist, you will struggle at some points in life. Just bc its not what you can relate to doesn't mean it is invalid and that you can gaslight bc you think your life was 10xs harder. 

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted

Im a very understandable person. In terms of gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity, color culture, interests, hobbies, and etcetera. When a person talks up about their hobbies /interest and whatever it's super cool. But it's not cool when they see you as a lesser Force because you don't do the same things they do so they Bash you or theyre negative towards anything that they dont like or agree with . I love people who are different and I love people who have similar interests. But just because we have different outlooks and perspectives and different beliefs, different colors doesn't mean we need to hate each other because we don't like the same things? We should be like oh cool I like red you like blue there's nothing wrong with that at all VS oh I like red and you like blue so fuck you too. THIS MENTALITY IS HORRIBLE TO ME. I see everyone's differences as a uniqueness. we are all still one even though we're different. I've lost a lot of friends because of such Petty things like this over something so stupid. You can still be friends even if you believe in something different. Theres such a thing as debating and at the end still stick with your beliefs with out hating. Differences is Oneness. When I give this little paragraph speech to some of the friends who have a fall out with me they think im crazy. 

Posted

• I'm gonna get hate for that lol but gender politics is a mess. It's the snake biting its own tail. All because some people confused sex and gender and then spread their confusing and nonsensical message online. Most people on the Internet talking about gender should shut up, think about what they are actually saying and actually open a book written by the actual people who came up with it all and try to understand what they meant.
  • As a non-American black woman I'm tired of African American applying their own history to the rest of the world. Every country in the world doesn't have the same history with racism or slavery. Even European countries who have a history of colonialism and partooke in the slave trade don't have the same relationship with black people and racism than the United States. The america-centrism is incredibly annoying (I especially hate the generalisation of the one drop rule.... flash news, in most countries outside of America, mixed people are mixed people not black.)

Posted (edited)

I hate what the makeup community has become. Most popular mua's don't even give genuine reviews, they just suck the company's arse in order to stay on the PR list and are just in it for the money now. They contradict themselves threw out the whole video so you can't even take the review seriously and most products they hype up end up having major issues.

It's the main reason why i stick to cheap makeup brands or drug store makeup. I see too many people go off of the video just to spend £80 on a crappy palette and dry streaky foundations.

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted

I actually find Jeffree Star's jokes funny.

Posted (edited)

Dating apps are bad.

Pokemon GO sucks.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

Speaking of double standards - just read these messages from Azealia Banks to Grimes. Firstly - Azealia comes off as an uneducated, primitive and vulgar, but most importantly - she’s racist as hell. Imagine Grimes writing stuff like that but bashing black ethnicity. She would lost any respect she had.

92BDBF59-5FAD-4184-A00B-2FD2B351BCE7.jpeg

0E90A2AE-15BF-4AEB-9A8E-22C627B0C0C6.jpeg

48D46377-8D8A-4BD4-8526-7D555BCE1D26.jpeg

AC4F7C1B-77E6-4F1C-8C74-187055EB0987.jpeg

Posted

Speaking of double standards - just read these messages from Azealia Banks to Grimes. Firstly - Azealia comes off as an uneducated, primitive and vulgar, but most importantly - she’s racist as hell. Imagine Grimes writing stuff like that but bashing black ethnicity. She would lost any respect she had.

92BDBF59-5FAD-4184-A00B-2FD2B351BCE7.jpeg

0E90A2AE-15BF-4AEB-9A8E-22C627B0C0C6.jpeg

48D46377-8D8A-4BD4-8526-7D555BCE1D26.jpeg

AC4F7C1B-77E6-4F1C-8C74-187055EB0987.jpeg

can we also just say these are all some of the weakest comebacks and insults ever? 

Posted

Atheists are getting really fucken annoying and I'm seeing a lot of them straight up jumping on ordinary people about their religion. Especially when they use their atheism as an excuse for their islamophobia. Shut it! Can we please agree on the main goal being; making sure our governments stay secular rather than pushing our superiority complex on normal people just trying to live their life? Thanks

*I'm agnostic if y'all needed to know*